March 24th, 2010

People: Palin, Discovery reach deal for TV show

Sarah Palin has inked a television deal, People Magazine reports.
Sarah Palin has inked a television deal, People Magazine reports.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin is branching out beyond politics, striking a deal with the Discovery Channel for a program spotlighting her home state of Alaska, People Magazine reports.

According to People, a source with the cable network says the former Alaska governor and Discovery have finally struck a deal after weeks of negotiations that involved several networks. A source told CNN earlier this month that Palin had been pitching a show that would be a "Planet Earth-style" documentary about Alaska.

The Palin source also told CNN of the proposed show: "It's not going to be focused on her family, or in her house, or in Wasilla."

Variety reported Tuesday the show is expected to be called "Sarah Palin's Alaska" and the former Republican vice presidential nominee will likely nab $1 million an episode.

Representatives of the Discovery Channel would not confirm the reports to CNN.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Tulsa

If true, I will be dropping Discovery from my lineup. Too bad.

March 24, 2010 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  2. Bob Dog

Like rubbernecking into the other lane to watch the smoke, flames and broken glass, anything having to do with the terrible car crash which is Sarah Palin, is sure to draw all kinds of curious onlookers.

March 24, 2010 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  3. Jt

What a tremendous waste of time. The people of Alaska should be cautious.....you may only get half an episode before she quits.

March 24, 2010 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  4. Cindy

Good for her, I hope she does well.

She may even learn a few things that may enlighten her and soften her stance on harming the environment for economic gain.

I mean... this is waaaay better than Illinois' former gov.. Discovery Channel vs Celebrity Apprentice? No contest!

March 24, 2010 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  5. Its a living..

Who would want to listen to her annoying voice for an hour?
    Despite her being the dumbest woman in America, its very difficult to listen to her speak too.

Man, is the Discovery channel reachin' on this one or what? And all the while we are suppose to take her seriously about her politics?

It seems to me she follows the money where ever it is, I guess she has no limits on what she'll do for cash. Maybe hangin' out with McMoney and clan has rubbed off on her...

Maybe she could be a real Housewife of where ever next...no?

March 24, 2010 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  6. bk

And just why was it she said she was resigning her position as Governor of Alaska? I don't remember money being mentioned. It seems to me she said something like she could help promote her agenda to help the country better if she resigned. All along she meant that she wanted to make more money!

March 24, 2010 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  7. mar

She keeps getting paid left and right and keeps spreading lies and more lies!

Shame on her, McCain & GOP.

March 24, 2010 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  8. Lori in St Pete

Thanks for the warning. I used to like the Discovery Channel, but if they're going to give airtime to this dim bulb, I intend to boycott the network and all of their advertising sponsors.

March 24, 2010 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  9. Terry

Presidential timber she ain't but stupid she's not. When it comes to playing the publicity card she is one of the best to come down the pike in a long time. PT Barnum has been proven right once again.

March 24, 2010 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  10. ThinkAgain

$1 million per episode to read a script, smile and wink? GAG!

What kind of lesson is this teaching our children? To make a lot of money, just:

- Be a pretty, empty head
    - Quit your job and abandon your obligations
    - Lie and bring out the worst in people
    - Use your children as props
    - Incite people to violence (what else is she trying to do with all her "targeting" of Democrats by using gunsight graphics on a map?)

And she supposedly represents the "real America"?

Palin = Quitter, Liar, Mooch – and a snarky witch, to boot!

March 24, 2010 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  11. Billybob

It is indeed true that greed has no boundaries! I don't understand why this greedy person should receive money for a documentary on Alaska. She is no longer governor, so she serves in no official capacity for the state. It is soooo sad that this state will forever more be linked with this woman.

March 24, 2010 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  12. Bob from Syracuse

I was a fan of the Discovery Channel – I am no longer.

March 24, 2010 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  13. Gary

One things for sure, they won't discover a brain in her head.

March 24, 2010 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  14. Sgt. Flagg T. McLiberty, Superpatriot

Sorry, but I can't support anyone or anything who gives this woman money and, by extension, is indirectly financing her dangerous, wild, and unchallenged rhetoric (crosshairs on vulnerable Dem candidates? Really? What's wrong with her?!?!)

My favorite show of all time is How It's Made. I'm really gonna miss watching pencils being put together and stuff, but I just can't watch Discovery if they're involved with Palin.

March 24, 2010 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  15. marie robinson

Sarah Palin is insighting violence – why is she being paid by the
    discovery channel? We will not be watching this madwoman, and will cease to watch the discovery channel!

March 24, 2010 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  16. Tammy

Who owns Discovery Channel? Why are they wasting money paying Palin? For what? I will not be watching her at all! even for comedy relief.

March 24, 2010 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  17. wbn

Good for her! Gov. Palin is a sharp lady and knows how to communicate with common folks. More power to her!

March 24, 2010 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  18. M-AZ

The idea that Sarah Palin can ink multi-million dollar deal with the Discovery channel is disgusting...and to title the show "Sarah Palin's Alaska" is an insult to the people of Alaska. I lived in Alaska and there are lots of very intelligent people there that really love that state and it's natural beauty.

This woman is so pig-headed and full of herself...I am disgusted! And I will never watch that crap.

March 24, 2010 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  19. Ben Harrison

It is absolutely appaling that teh Discovery Channel would partner with Sarah Palin, who has been an enemy of the environment, champion of ariel wolf and bear hunting, and exploiting ANWR for it's oil reserves.

I will not be watching any future programming on the Discovery Channel if they chose Sarah Palin as a partner.

March 24, 2010 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  20. Geff

LOL... and we wonder what is wrong with America? LOL.

She gets a million dollars per episode because they are letting her call the show "Sarah Palin's Alaska"? Did I miss something? Does she own Alaska?

Utterly stupid.

March 24, 2010 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  21. David

"I see your true colors shining through....."
    While I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to better themselves and provide for their families, this move says it all for me regarding the character of the honorable Sarah Palin.
    Her Hollywood aspirations finally let's us see her real priorities and at a million bucks per episode!

David

March 24, 2010 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  22. Right Leaning Independent

The libs must be beside themselves that Palin is making more money than they can dream of!! I hope this burns you "freebie" folks up!

March 24, 2010 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  23. NVa Native

What a spectacle she has become.
    Anything for a buck, pun intended.

March 24, 2010 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  24. truth

Thanks to McCain and CNN this lady is getting richer. She has no intellect and no legimitate college degree. Not to mention, she is riling poor white trash at every given moment. Crowley, King, Blitzer, Sanchez and Cooper wouldn't dare report the truth that this lady is leading the tea party in a way that is destructive for America.

March 24, 2010 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  25. Carolyn

Discovery Channel has just lost one viewer. I have always thought they were beyond trash.

March 24, 2010 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |