March 30th, 2010

Palin endorses military veterans running for Congress

Sarah Palin is backing three Republicans seeking House seats in November.
Sarah Palin is backing three Republicans seeking House seats in November.

Washington (CNN) – After a weekend of campaigning for Sen. John McCain's re-election bid in Arizona, Sarah Palin expanded her 2010 efforts on Monday by endorsing three military veterans running for Congress, calling them "a new generation of heroes who are heeding their country's call for leadership in Washington."

All three are Republican House candidates hoping unseat vulnerable Democrats in November.

The candidates: Vaughn Ward, a former CIA officer and Marine running in Idaho's 1st District; Allen West, a retired Lt. Colonel who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, running in Florida's 22nd District; and Adam Kinzinger, a pilot who flew combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, running in Illinois' 11th District.

Ward has already picked up McCain's endorsement.

"I believe that these great veterans will fight for us in D.C. to uphold and defend our constitution as courageously in the halls of Congress as they did on the field of battle," Palin wrote on her Facebook page Monday. "I'm so honored to offer my support to these American heroes, and I hope you'll join me in helping them so that they can serve us all in Washington."

The former Alaska governor will campaign for all three Republicans at a later date, along with donating to their campaigns.

Filed under: 2010 • Sarah Palin
  1. Robert T., New Orleans

Oh great. A military industrial congress, like Ike warned us about.

March 29, 2010 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  2. So What

As a former veteran myself, I guess I should run for office as well. Ooops! I'm not a republican so Silly Sarah won't support me:-(

March 29, 2010 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  3. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

Palin is a moron.

March 29, 2010 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  4. AB

Is she STILL on her Loserpalooza tour?

Enough of that woman already!

March 29, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  5. JA/TN

AND, endorse this, endorse that, America don't need the inflated endorsements

March 29, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  6. Kathleen

Hope Lt. Dan Choi will run.

March 29, 2010 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  7. lolo

Ms. Palin please get a clue. This is not about keeping wars going on. You are definitely an idiot. You think because they have a military background they should be elected? Come on now. Please believe that Mr. McCain was not chosen because he was not ready and he picked you for god's sake. It was not because of his military background that kept him out of the white house. Lady you do not have a brain at all. Please go take care of your home life in Aaska.

March 29, 2010 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  8. lib

did it take this long for McCain to support the service people? All the years in Washington and very little support for our veterans who are living on the streets having to beg for help.

March 29, 2010 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  9. Kevin Collins

Hmmm, yet armchair-warmonger Palin has herself never served in the military...

March 29, 2010 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  10. Luke Brown

The problem with having someone as empty-headed was W as President is that it has lowered the bar to include bubble-heads like this one.

March 29, 2010 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  11. Dano

If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, votes for a candidate because Sarah Palin endorses them, they are unqualified to vote.

March 29, 2010 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  12. rositaCA

Palin should be endorsing HER CHILDREN!! THEY NEED HER! not the American people, WE ARE SICK OF HER

March 29, 2010 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  13. SpongeBlob

Since being a veteran is their only qualification, I guess she supported John Kerry for the same reason.

March 29, 2010 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  14. BS Bill Misleading Americans

It is a breath of fresh air to have Palin helping show America there are real people in America's politcal future.

March 29, 2010 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  15. Seth

The new face of Conservatism is facing the headwinds and we are
    granite-ready to take back our country in 2010 and 2012!!!

March 29, 2010 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  16. Lame

My grandfather served in WWII, but that doesn't mean he is any more qualified to run for office than anyone else. To blindly endorse someone just because they are a veteran is a bit scary to me. I am however grateful for their service.

March 29, 2010 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  17. Marco V

If McCain hadn't choosen her as his VP, she never would have endorsed him. He's too liberal for her taste.

March 29, 2010 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  18. Stacey

I wonder what Palin thinks of all the American military heroes who don't support her ideology? My dad fought on the front lines in the Korean war and was awarded a Purple Heart in 1952. He doesn't support Palin's political ideology. I wonder what Palin would think of my dad or is she selective?

March 29, 2010 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  19. rita

Let's just hope that they are not suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. If not, I hope they win. We could use a few military men in Congress who know the evils of war and will do everything possible to stop American preemptive attacks on sovereign countries.

March 29, 2010 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  20. CHANGE.COM

They fought and sacrificed so Palin will have the right to be stupid!

March 29, 2010 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  21. save my state.

Way to go sara. You're right I wish we had more military men to serve in congress. I would feel alot better about that then I do right now.

March 29, 2010 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  22. Steph

Is she also supporting "great veterans" who are running as Democrats? They are "American heroes", too! Sorry Sarah, the ultra right wing conservatives don't have a monopoly on patriotism.

March 29, 2010 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  23. Minnesotan

I wonder if she endorses all the Dems that are veterans running for Congress too then...

March 29, 2010 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  24. Josh

I know a majority of Americans are more progressive than the kind than the likes of Sarah Palin assume. At the same time, there are a lot of very gullable provincials out there. I do not understand how this nit wit gets so much media attention!

March 29, 2010 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  25. Dave

Palin needs to shut her mouth. Pretending her hate mongering and
    incitement of violent acts across the country is cute serves no purpose.

See what happened in Michigan? Dangerous idiots follow dangerous