April 7th, 2010

Fey likely to revive Palin impersonation

Tina Fey is likely to bring back her Sarah Palin impersonation.
Tina Fey is likely to bring back her Sarah Palin impersonation.

(CNN) - Writers for Saturday Night Live likely completed a sketch featuring Tina Fey's infamous impersonation of Sarah Palin Tuesday, Fey told NBC's the Today Show.

Fey, a onetime cast member of the late night comedy program who is set to serve as its host this weekend, said she hasn't seen the sketch yet but will do an initial run through of it Wednesday.

"I am going to read through later today and see what's up. They wrote last night," Fey said. "I am sure we will try something."

Fey, whose impersonations of Palin in 2008 were widely-credited with shaping perceptions of the then-Republican vice presidential nominee, told the U.K. paper The Telegraph earlier this week she hasn't been keeping up with Palin's latest moves.

"I haven't been watching her on television lately because I've been working on '30 Rock,'" she said.

While Fey's impersonation of Palin won wide praise, the comedienne indicated back in 2008 it's not a character she is keen on reviving.

"I want to be done playing this lady Nov. 5," she said in reference to Election Day, 2008. "So if anybody can help me be done playing this lady Nov. 5, that would be good for me."

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin • Tina Fey
  1. Jo

Why do people keep saying Fey is a has-been? She writes and stars in one of the most popular shows on television.

April 7, 2010 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  2. jay

fey is getting desperate for some press ink. her latest movie shows she has no acting skills whatsoever and 30 rock has become repetitively boring. time to get a real job tina.

April 7, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  3. CONGUERO

I'd also like to see an Obama personator say things like " my bowling looks like Special Olympics" and "the police acted stupidly" and after each quip, a Biden impersonator says "This is a big F...ing deal".

April 7, 2010 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  4. Bill

Fey reacquired some sense of her old SNL popularity by aping Sarah Palin. I can't imagine Fey wants to give that up so she'd better appreciate Gov. Palin.

April 7, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  5. SC-Pub "no" more

Tina,
    Don't forget, Palin and John McSenile are noi longer "mavericks;" in order to win votes, they are now extreme, right wing tee-baggers!

April 7, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  6. Independant in Missouri

Making fun of Palin is a good way to make her more money. Keeping her in the media drives up book sales and rating for her tv time slots. Frankly, I wish I had someone making fun of me all day, thereby giving me and my business free marketing. It's actually quite capitalist how that works.

April 7, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  7. hick in the sticks

You liberals don't git it! Sarah Palin is prettier and more popular and making more money than Tina Lame and that means she wins! That means she's better! Looks and money and popularity are much more important than smarts! Git it or git out!

April 7, 2010 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |