April 9th, 2010

Jindal to RNC staffers: Welcome to New Orleans – Behave!

Bobby Jindal was the first Republican speaker to broach the topic of the RNC’s recent disastrous decision to spend money at a sex-themed Hollywood nightclub.

New Orleans (CNN) – Though it's a hot topic among GOP insiders at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans, none of the event's speakers had uttered a word about the Republican National Committee's disastrous decision to spend money at a sex-themed Hollywood nightclub.

Until Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal finally broke the ice on Friday – albeit in a coy way.

Jindal took to the stage and welcomed conference-goers to New Orleans. He told them to "enjoy our great food, our great music, our great culture."

Then this: "A word of warning to RNC staffers: You may want to stay away from Bourbon Street," he said. "Just a word of advice."

The joke drew laughter and applause from the crowd.

1. Ellie

"Mr. Rodgers" Jindal is afraid of his own party!

I don't blame him when you look at a bunch of circus clowns coming to town.

April 9, 2010 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  2. Psychologist

I love the GOP double standards: Tea Party/GOP is supposedly for family values, manifested in starting wars overseas AND fighting health coverage. Yeah, fighting health coverage is so pro-family and so are wars. Those who decry President Obama's education level: Jealous because you did not make it beyond high school and out of your trailer park? To the GOP-ers: There is a hookup party in an airport toilet. You guys do so well attempting to solicit sex from undercover police officers. Go, family values!

April 9, 2010 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  3. A sensible Texan

@ Ancient Texan:

You state: " The only racist comments I ever see posted are by the lefties, accusing anybody that doesn't agree with the Socialist-Progressive Agenda, of being racist." Guess what, old Ancient Texan. The only one's I see try to use the term Socialist are those who are too ignorant to understand the term. If you're so opposed to socialism, then drop your Medicare (or Medicaid) and refuse to accept your social security check. Oh, and don't call the police or fire dept. if there's an emergency.

April 9, 2010 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  4. Drew

At least the Republicans provide jobs for the strippers,NObamie has spent $862,000,000,000. and provided some part time census jobs.

April 9, 2010 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  5. catmom

Ancient Texan April 9th, 2010 4:54 pm ET

Janice- I was thinking the same thing, only you said it much better. Diane in California- You Libs have worn out that tired old RACIST cliche. The only racist comments I ever see posted are by the lefties, accusing anybody that doesn't agree with the Socialist-Progressive Agenda, of being racist. It won't work anymore!
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Oh, stop please. You do not read the message boards and you are in complete denial which is par for the course. However, I will say that there are plenty of people who post some very racist comments then deny they have done so while blaming the "Libruls" for being racist and always pulling the race card. In fact I have only seen Obama haters accuse people who don't agree with Obama as being racist. Most of the time they are pointing out racist comments while those making the racist comments blame President Obama for pulling the race card. Isn't it amazing that two people can view the same thing and come away with a completely different perspective?

April 9, 2010 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  6. PalmReader

Tom Coburn is probably breathing a sigh of relief. Less intervention for him.

April 9, 2010 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  7. Steve (the real one)

Sniffit April 9th, 2010 4:54 pm ET

Steve (the real one):
    Nagin was a Republican who only pretended to be a dem so he'd get the inner city vote. Just like your god Bloomberg.
    ---------------
    1. "Chocolate City Nagin" was a republican? Did NOLA know that?
    2. My God is Jehovah God, The living God and not Bloomberg!
    3. I hope this is not the best you can do? Please tell me you have more!

April 9, 2010 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  8. Jim

I knew the dumocraps like hand outs/entitlements/welfare BUT did not know they were stupid enough to ride out a hurricane for free stuff.Then complain enough was not given to them-ONLY A DUMOCRAP

April 9, 2010 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  9. Honker Bob

Yuk, yuk. Those repub's are a laugh a minute! What a terrific bunch of hypocrites.

April 9, 2010 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  10. Darth Vadik, CA

I think Pavlov should have done an experiment on Republicans instead of dogs, in the Republican case, they would start foaming at their mouths after they heard the 5 key Republican words.

God
    Guns
    Taxes
    Socialist
    Communist

BTW, just insert any verb with those 5 key words and you'll have a complete Republican talking point.

PS Google – Pavlov dog experiments

April 9, 2010 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  11. FactCheck

NObamie has spent $862,000,000,000. and provided some part time census jobs.
    -------

And your boy Bush spent twice that and all we got in return were thousands of dead soldiers.

April 9, 2010 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  12. M.B.

No Bourbon Street? I do not think that the business owners on Bourbon Street appreciate this comment coming from the Governor. There are many other things to do and see on Bourbon Street other then strippers. Restaurants, Dixieland & Jazz Clubs, Retail Shops, etc. No one should avoid these businesses because some cannot stay out of strip clubs. Get a grip! You are all adults!

April 9, 2010 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  13. dave

Republicans making bad decisions, like this is a first. If I wasn’t so sure it was incompetence I would suspect much more sinister plans. Think about it.

April 9, 2010 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  14. bennie new york

New Orleans- great location for a meeting of slimeballs coming off a nightclub debacle!

April 9, 2010 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  15. PalmReader

Katie, I am quite certain your post best brings out the glaring differences between the two political parties.

Thank you for sharing your insight, unique as it is to all that is GOP!

April 9, 2010 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  16. Bostonian-TheWoodlands,TX

ME April 9th, 2010 4:42 pm ET

Wait till November when all the Democrats will be voted out of office. The Republicans are comming back to save America.

Yes !! Save us !!!!! Save us from gas that is less than $4 a gallon. Save us from a dow, that as I type, sits at 10, 997. I mean we need to find a way to get to the DOW back down to about 7,600 ( where it was the last FULL day of G W Bush as president. ) I mean save us from increasing jobs. I mean you, me and everyone else WANTS to go back -700K jobs a month right ? Don't bring the troops home from Iraq, as we're currently implementing, lets send more and stay forever.

WHAT do you want to be saved from. Don't leave these stupid comments, give some specifics.

Eaaaaaaaaasy on that koolaide dude. Did the federal police come and take your rights away today ? Have you been forced into hard labor ? Has someone taken away your right to speak freely ( as you did above ) ? Frankly, who or whom is holding you captive ?

Man, I can poke holes in your logic all day, bro. Kep'em coming righties !!! Your posts don't pass the eyeball test !!!

April 9, 2010 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  17. BillE

That's good advice for both the GOP and the Dems. I don't think one side has an advantage over the other when it comes to 'misbehaven'.

April 9, 2010 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  18. Rob Johnson

Why on Earth would anyone want to be a member of a party that holds a conference in New Orleans, then tells people not to have any fun?

Trust me, when us liberals go to New Orleans, we don't hold back :)

April 9, 2010 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  19. Sniffit

Actually mjm, I'm being honest. I can go post something directly to you on iReports or the new comment sections under the stories with the login I created early in the 2008 presidential race when Sniffit was born if you'd like. The copycat made a real hash of it in this thread tho. Must be I make the conservatives really angry for one to go out of his way to try to put uninformed nonsense in my mouth. To be expected I suppose...they've got no ideas of their own so they just rev up the ideological clown car and drive it at a lamp post (repeatedly).

April 9, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  20. Rog

Jindal? Jindal? Where have I heard that name before? Oh yea wasnt he the guy the GOP was promoting as Presidential material till he laid a bigtime egg in his response to one of Obama's speeches?

April 9, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  21. Mickey, NY

Hey, creepy Jindal...how's all that stimulus money working out for you, you hypocrite...

April 9, 2010 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  22. Michael

A word of advice that will fall on deaf ears: GOPers should be well acqainted with both ends of that game – sticking it to constituents and bending over for Wall Street bankers and Big Money investors.

April 9, 2010 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  23. J.Crobuzon

Wow, what's wrong with everyone today? Both sides snapping and snarling and name-calling. It's a joke, ok? Because the RNC was actually not happy about the strip club thing, and it doesn't actually represent their membership, and yet they did it anyway. This bunch is usually like open mike night, not open sewer.

April 9, 2010 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  24. Steve (the real one)

Sniffit April 9th, 2010 5:11 pm ET

Steve: (the racist one): You lack reading comprehension so I will restate things for you to easily learn

NAGIN
    FORMER REPUBLICAN
    TURNED DEMOCRAT
    LIKE BLOOMBERG
    AMEN

Better?
    -------------------–
    Sniffit (real or fake one who knows, who cares)

You would do well in Vegas with the racist cards you seem to enjoy pulling! Nagin FAILED during KATRINA as a DEMOCRAT? Is that better?

April 9, 2010 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  25. Andy

Bush-DOW hit all time high 15,000-(now below 9,000) Bush – unemployment 5.7% (now 9.7%) Bush -jobs plentiful (now even the mexicans have gone home-no jobs created-spent $862,000,000,000.) Need I say more??

April 9, 2010 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |