April 9th, 2010

Palin: 'Absolutely' more policy speeches to come

Sarah Palin told CNN Friday that more policy speeches are in the works.
Sarah Palin told CNN Friday that more policy speeches are in the works.

New Orleans (CNN) - Will Americans start to hear more policy speeches from Sarah Palin in the future?

"Absolutely," Palin told CNN in a brief interview outside her New Orleans hotel on Friday. "The more of that, the better."

The former Alaska governor chatted for a few moments after wrapping up her speech to the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, a showing that was closely scrutinized by political insiders looking for clues as to whether she's serious about a presidential bid in 2012.

She devoted much of her remarks to the topic of energy policy, a move possibly designed to prove to Republican insiders that she's as passionate about policy issues as she is about fiery political combat.

Palin, emerging from the Windsor Court Hotel wearing a zip-up NASA sweater over her suit, told CNN she had a "blast" addressing the conference and promised to continue with a policy-oriented message.

"It was fun to talk to people of something of substance, like energy, that is so appreciated by these folks because they know that unless we have this energy independence, we will not be prosperous, we will not be secure," she said. "That's what I wanted to concentrate on today."

Before she could answer another question, a pair of aides shuttled Palin into a waiting SUV to drive her to the airport.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. big chunky33

the greatest gift us Dems could ever ask for.........Palin for RNC elect 2012....can you say gift wrap?

April 9, 2010 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  2. Laurie

The female Michael Steele gets alot of attention through stupidity again. What a creeeper.

April 9, 2010 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  3. Eunice

All I can say for Sara Palin is "a big empty blank." Run Sara run so you can see how you will get beat on your own" without the help of McCain. By the way he will lose also. To bad...so sad. Yeaaaaa.

April 9, 2010 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  4. usualone

When are people who like her going to realize she is only about the money, not her family, not her state and not you.

April 9, 2010 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  5. Mikey

I guess we are going to find out how much she can learn in 3 years. I for one, would love to help her win the GOP nod for Prez. Then the good guy is a shoe in for a 2nd term. So please, teabaggers, get behind this woman 100%.

April 9, 2010 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  6. please

I'm still waiting for her first policy speech. Has she actually ever given a speech with substance?

April 9, 2010 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  7. Truth

Everybody better start being nice.

Gov. Palin will replace ObamaTheLiarInChief in 2012.

The American people are waking up to REAL Obama and his leftist libs buds. I am being kind by calling them leftis libs buds.

Obama and his thugs should have let the woman go home and run her state and instead they tried to bankrupt her and her family.

That was not nice, guys!

How much longer will the MSM cover for this phoney.

April 9, 2010 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  8. Peace

Can Sarah stop the monkey business she is doing. We are getting difficulties to understand what she is up to!

April 9, 2010 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  9. Mark

She speaks the honest TRUTH and the liberals hate it and her immense popularity.

April 9, 2010 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  10. harold

I hate to tell yoi all this buy I kinda like Tina Fey... she does something that is kinda cute..when on TV....Now Sarah you go count your money and see how much USA tax you gotta pay to fight them Terrorists huh?..Tell me ...will small government defeat the Terrorists?.. Come on be honest...

April 9, 2010 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  11. Annie, Atlanta

I'm wondering what her speaking fee was this time.

April 9, 2010 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  12. Mike W.

What POLICY. She doesn't know what the word means. Yes, she graduated froma 6th grade bully to trash talker to a con and I can't even use the word woman. Sounds like those kids in Massachusetts.

April 9, 2010 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  13. sheena - Canada

Is there something wrong with a person outside the U.S. making a comment – CNN never seems to allow my comments perhaps I should no longer pay extra to have the channel on my satellite- will try again – I once saw a movie where Native Indians where ashamed of a member of their tribe – there was no shouting, no name calling, no violence – they simply stood in unison with hoods over their face – everytime I hear Sarah Palin speak – I feel like doing the same.
    I am a white Christian female.

April 9, 2010 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  14. 8 Years of “trickle down economics” has only left a wet spot on working America's shoes!

The notes on her hand say "drill baby drill", she needed to remember what to whisper in Todd's ear last night!

April 9, 2010 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  15. Oh Boy?!?

Just watched this woman's video on this speech. What a puppet!!!!

No teleprompter, just an old fashioned cheat sheet. Sounded a wee bit nervous and shaky on the big words. These are not her words. She would have had to read more than one newspaper to be able to comment on the things she whined about.

Really? She was second fiddle to McCain. Now she knows more? Has more juice, huh? Just think how much better off we would be if McCain had won. She would be doing his bidding for the country and not being thrust down our throats as a FOX news mouthpiece.

Mark my words. She will never win any election, ever. Stop making her believe herself to be valid in the political world. She is a paid entertainer.

April 9, 2010 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  16. dave moore

Well, I'm more interested in what folks like Newt have to say but the fact is she has more executive experience and a MUCH longer/stronger track record than Obama had before being elected. That being said, it's not hard to find fault with the WORST president the nation has ever known – no one has damaged the country more in less time. The really scary part is that it does not seem as though it's a reflection of poor judgment or lack of wisdom/experience. He's a REALLY smart guy. He seems to be intentionally trying to harm America.

April 9, 2010 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  17. Darth Vadik, CA

Absolutely, more laughing at Palin to come too...

April 9, 2010 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  18. Kelly

I really don't understand America these days. From my perspective here in Canada, you've got the best President you've had in ages, but almost half the country is actively engaged in his downfall. You've got right-wing, hate spewing nut-jobs with an agenda that verges on treason, yet they celebrate these activities as being "patriotic." At least Ann Coulter knows what side of the 49th to stay on. We threw her out.

To me, that's patently insane. Wake up, America. You're committing suicide and it's heartbreaking to watch.

Kelly, Victoria BC, Canada.

April 9, 2010 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  19. msg99

No guys you got this all wrong...we WANT Palin to run. We really, REALLY want her to run.... it'd be an automatic forfeit for the GOP. They know it....and deep down inside, SHE knows it. You should hear even Rush Limbaugh talk about Palin. It's almost as if he has to swallow hard and take a deep breath before he praises her. THAT is because he knows if Sarah were a democrat, he'd be picking at her EVERY SINGLE DAY on his show with a bunch of sound bites and everything.

Her policy is simple: just repeat everything that Hannity and Limbaugh says....as is the policy of every other Right wing nutcase.

April 9, 2010 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  20. Renaldo

Palin probably thinks the Marx brothers were socialists.

April 9, 2010 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  21. Tommy - Yes I'm a Republican

I would love for Palin to do an interview without scripted notes on Policy . The ghostwriter will quit immediately b/c we all know – Sarah Palin is not coming up with this stuff. I believe she was the one who put the statement together about the fight because she is an adult woman who acts like a child on the playground and she did put together the statement she made today about the "community organizer" because that's all her little pee brain can come up with.... I hate the President and I want to punch him in the face!

No Policy speeches we want interviews without handgate...just her pee brain...

Proud Republican.....!!!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2010 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  22. al in memphis

Who is going to inform this woman that she is embrassing her children.
    Mom–can I do what you do. No because I don't do anything

April 9, 2010 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  23. Danny - MO

Well we know Todd ran the show in AK and we do know that Palin can never speak without those notes from the GOP – who is using her big time......to say things that they will never be able to say....

April 9, 2010 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  24. Independent One

This lady definitely needs more education

April 9, 2010 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  25. Amy - CA

What she has on Policy.... More one-liners... OH Pluzeeeeeee her time is up and the media is humping her all over... Please ask her a real question and stop with the crazy speeches that are written by some one other then the clown Palin....!

All she wants in money and she is laughing at the Media and the fools that come out to see her....

April 9, 2010 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |