April 10th, 2010

Obamas share private moment in public eye

Washington (CNN) - On the driveway right outside the White House briefing room, a place where President Barack Obama rarely strolls during public hours, CNN caught a rare and personal exchange between the first couple.

Flanked by Secret Service agents and personal aide Reggie Love, Obama spotted his wife near the West Wing entrance and tried to get her attention. "Hey FLOTUS," he shouted, then added, "I was just looking for you." FLOTUS is the acronym for first lady of the United States.

As CNN photojournalist Bill Alberter videotaped the encounter, the president joked, "Stop it guys, I haven't seen my wife in a while."

The first lady, who seemed poised to deliver an affectionate greeting, was thwarted when the president said, "Let's not do this in front of the cameras."

Instead they held hands and walked together into the West Wing like a married couple that had not seen each other since one of them made a quick jaunt to Prague to sign a new nuclear arms treaty.

Filed under: Michelle Obama • Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. Nurul Aman

That was very nice moment of treat for each other.

April 9, 2010 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  2. Jim

The Obamas are a beautiful couple with wonderful kids. Michelle Obama really cares about her children, is so down-to-earth and is truly affectionate toward Barack. I am sure the President gains inner strength and peace from his wife. I am proud of our First Family and hope they remain for the next seven years!

April 9, 2010 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  3. Anonymous

i love the obamas

April 9, 2010 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  4. Bill

Very cute.

April 9, 2010 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  5. Charlie in Maine

If you've ever read anything I've put on this blog you would know my politics match this President pretty well. But come on you folks on the right put politics aside for a moment. Even y'all would have to admit this is one cool guy who I bet (politics aside) you would like. Believe me I felt the same way about Ronald Reagan. I would have rather had him for an older neighbor than President but only because I disagreed with him. Open up your hearts for a moment and pretend that this lovely family now at 1600 Penn Avenue just moved in to a house on your street. All I'm saying is that you can hate his policies without hating him or his lovely family.

April 9, 2010 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  6. Barbara

This First Family is wonderfully grounded in spite of the hate, anger, nastiness and persecution. Bless you

April 9, 2010 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  7. DutchGirl

cute.
    but not very presidential.
    no wonder he is still working on proper military decorum.

April 9, 2010 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |