April 17th, 2010

Daughter of late President Johnson hospitalized

Luci Baines Johnson has been hospitalized in Minnesota.
Luci Baines Johnson has been hospitalized in Minnesota.

(CNN) - Luci Baines Johnson, the younger of the late President Lyndon Baines Johnson's daughters, has been hospitalized at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, according to a former member of Johnson's staff.

Luci Johnson, 62, was first taken to the Seton Medical Center in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday after complaining of extreme weakness in all her
extremities, said Tom Johnson, who worked for the Johnson administration and later served as president of CNN in the 1990s.

Doctors there recommended that she be treated at the Mayo Clinic for what physicians believe is Guillain-Barre syndrome, Johnson said. It's an autoimmune disorder affecting the nervous system.

The president's other daughter, Lynda Bird Johnson Robb, was at the facility with her sister. Luci Johnson's husband, Ian Turpin, and other
relatives were also there.

Luci Johnson had been in excellent health with no prior medical issues of this nature, Tom Johnson said.

1. Doug

Johnson's great society plan has worked the way he wanted it to, just check out all the American dreams denied in all of our violent cities that have been controlled by Democrats for the last 40+ years.

Democrats are guilty of genocide in all of our lib cities where people are killed each and every day. Thousands of lives taken all in the name of Democrat votes. If you don't hold people back and destroy their dreams, then they might not vote Democrat.

April 17, 2010 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  2. Center Left

Get well soon!

April 17, 2010 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  3. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Get well Lady Luci, you've got a lot of living to do.

April 17, 2010 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  4. Pkm

Get well luci

April 17, 2010 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  5. Derrick

I LOVED LBJ!!!

He was a gentleman and a great leader!

April 17, 2010 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  6. Leslie

Someone should consider Lyme Disease. I do not wish this on anyone, but it is the most misdiagnosed disease out there. Perfect health than bam. Luci I wish you well.

April 17, 2010 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  7. Livin' the good life

Good luck Luci. I know how it feels to have this disease. Stay strong and may you be out soon. Beau Colby

April 17, 2010 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  8. Leslie

I am not sure how to answer the reply I got about whether I am familiar with this disease so I will comment here. Yes, We are living with it here in Virginia. I have two teenagers that are suffering with Chronic Lyme. Life and school have fallen apart. I belong to a Mom's Of Children with Lyme group and we all have stories. Our group is expanding everyday. Many in our group have numerous family members affected. Most of them have been misdiagnosed with other illnesses way before they have had their Lyme Disease diagnosis. It is a tragedy that there is not more press and research on this illness. If you do not have it, you either will or will soon know someone that does.

April 17, 2010 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  9. Pat in IL

I'm sorry for your suffering, and hope that things will soon turn around for you.

April 17, 2010 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |