April 21st, 2010

Palin on 2012: 'If it's right, then we will pursue that'

Sarah Palin discussed the possibility of a presidential run in an interview with a Canadian television show.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin continues to leave the door to a White House run wide open.

In an interview with "100 Huntley Street," a daily Christian talk show based in Ontario, the former Alaska governor said she "doesn't know politically what is next for me."

But Palin said she will "pursue" a presidential bid in 2012 if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges.

The former vice presidential candidate has generally avoided talking specifically about her 2012 plans, but her comments in Canada are her most forthcoming since she told Fox News in February that it would be "absurd" not to consider a presidential bid.

Palin said she and her family have had an "exciting and full ride" since the 2008 presidential campaign ended. Her travels around the country over the last year and a half, she explained, have given her a glimpse of some of the struggles that regular Americans face every day.

"If I can help provide some encouragement, some inspiration, some hope for them to get through their battles and make good decisions and get through a challenge, because that's what we've been able to do, then I am going to stay focused on that," she said in the interview, set to air next week. "Whether that's on a local level in my own little town of Wasilla, or in the Oval Office, if it's right, then we will pursue that."

Palin said her next move depends, in part, on what God has in store for her.

"I do believe that it is a wise thing for us to put our lives in our Creator's hands," she said. "I put my life into God's hands and say, I'm going to do the best that I can every day to bring positive change to people that perhaps need some help. Need opportunity, too."

"That's what I'm going to do, day to day, not necessarily knowing what will bring to my family, to my country, to my life, in the next year, two years, three years down the road," she added.

Palin sat for the interview last week during a visit to Ontario, where she appeared at a charity event.

Filed under: 2012 • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Terry from West Texas

Conservatives love candidates who are not very smart. GW Bush was of average intelligence at best, inarticulate, bumbling, fumbling and he almost always made the wrong decision. He was even the first leader in history to invade the wrong country!

I thought he would be the least gifted president of the 21st century and that there was nowhere to go but up. But then, I had not yet heard of Sarah Palin.

Besides being of less-than-average intelligence, she is a pathological liar (death panel Sarah). What is it about incompetence that Conservatives love so much?

April 21, 2010 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  2. Dave

Please run, Sarah! It will be a pleasure to watch Obama mop up the floor with you!

April 21, 2010 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  3. Tom Denver

So much bluster to make a buck.
    Please go away Ms Palin.
    Anybody seen the husband lately?

April 21, 2010 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  4. mms55

she just says this to keep the idiots who like her spending money!

April 21, 2010 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  5. Jay

Palin hasn't a clue. She quit the governor's job to cash in on McCain's mistake of bringing her to the public eye. My dog is smarter than she is in politics.

April 21, 2010 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  6. Robert Mooer

Sara is a thug.

April 21, 2010 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  7. john

golly....gee....wonder who's home takin' care of those young' uns? wink...wink

April 21, 2010 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  8. Sgt. USMC

I can't believe she still considers herself a politician. Honestly, I don't think she can ever get elected into any form of public office. She's like the Kate Gosselin of politics. And we all know what happened to Kate last night. Right now palin is like a right wing extremist princess, she's going to fall off the face of the earth and will end up as a memory on VH1's I love the 2008's. If she runs, good for the Democratsand I don't think the slightly smart repubs will let that happen.

April 21, 2010 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  9. Karly P

Sarah Palin is an asset to this country, the likes of which come every century or so.

She is the true hope for meaningful and substantive change from the path we have been over the past decade and especially over the last two years, and not like the phony hopey/changy thingy now resting in the WH.

April 21, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  10. Hope

go take care of Trigg he needs you more than ever, we don't even want you near the white house

April 21, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  11. WDRussell

Wanting to bring the Spanish Inquisition to America.
    Sarah, Mitt, Huckster, is like the three ring circus of stupidity.

April 21, 2010 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  12. Carol

.....And it's only going to cost them $12 Million or so a year.

She'll run. Her ego's too big to sit out.

April 21, 2010 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  13. Former soldier

The greatest thing that she could do for this country is to run. 2 reasons: 1, It would ensure 4 more years of the best president in the last 40 years, and 2: it would show the world exactly how ignorant the Tea Baggers and their leaders are. Run Sarah Run.

April 21, 2010 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  14. Larry

The best way this moron could help people is stop showing up on the news.

April 21, 2010 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  15. brad

regardless whether I like her politics or not, I am not sure I want a president who quits mid-term. Need someone who will tough it out. The good, the bad and the ugly.

April 21, 2010 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  16. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but...

"Her travels around the country over the last year and a half, she explained, have given her a glimpse of some of the struggles that regular Americans face every day."

Sarah, talking to a bunch of hicks in the flyover states doesn't equal knowing what regular Americans are going through. I didn't see you going into the hood and talking to "those people." Face it, Sarah, this country is getting browner by the day despite the efforts of your friends in Arizona (AKA West Carolina). Have a nice day!

April 21, 2010 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  17. Bill NY

If this bimbo gets elected I will head to Canada so quickly you will think I was shot there from a cannon! When a nut job like this gets this much attention and success I feel I have been born in the wrong universe and dimension.

April 21, 2010 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  18. drew Williams

Please. Don't help.

April 21, 2010 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  19. run sarah run

Please let Sarah Palin run. The laughter from last election season has not yet died down. She is the reason we have a president Obama. Her dumbness makes him look even more brilliant. Cute, yes, presidential not.

April 21, 2010 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  20. Philip

Please Sarah run for 2012. We need OBAMA to win again!

April 21, 2010 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  21. KJL

Every day I thank god that I have dual citizenship, in case this imbecile should ever be elected president.

April 21, 2010 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  22. Alex

I grew up in Canada, and if she runs and wins in 2012, I will go back to Canada. And i'll take all the jobs that I bring into this country with me.

April 21, 2010 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  23. Gregory

What's there to say? If Palin runs the Dems win and the Reps will be in ruins. Hope her delusions and the conspiracy theory mobs make it so.

April 21, 2010 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  24. Doug in Harrisburg

This woman is insane. Let her run in 2012 and see what happens.

April 21, 2010 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  25. Liberal Jerk

I love how she just strings her followers out like that. She'll be non-committal until the very last second and then proclaim she can do more chang'in on the outside than inside. Plus make 12 million dollars a year.

April 21, 2010 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |