April 21st, 2010

Palin on 2012: 'If it's right, then we will pursue that'

Sarah Palin discussed the possibility of a presidential run in an interview with a Canadian television show.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin continues to leave the door to a White House run wide open.

In an interview with "100 Huntley Street," a daily Christian talk show based in Ontario, the former Alaska governor said she "doesn't know politically what is next for me."

But Palin said she will "pursue" a presidential bid in 2012 if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges.

The former vice presidential candidate has generally avoided talking specifically about her 2012 plans, but her comments in Canada are her most forthcoming since she told Fox News in February that it would be "absurd" not to consider a presidential bid.

Palin said she and her family have had an "exciting and full ride" since the 2008 presidential campaign ended. Her travels around the country over the last year and a half, she explained, have given her a glimpse of some of the struggles that regular Americans face every day.

"If I can help provide some encouragement, some inspiration, some hope for them to get through their battles and make good decisions and get through a challenge, because that's what we've been able to do, then I am going to stay focused on that," she said in the interview, set to air next week. "Whether that's on a local level in my own little town of Wasilla, or in the Oval Office, if it's right, then we will pursue that."

Palin said her next move depends, in part, on what God has in store for her.

"I do believe that it is a wise thing for us to put our lives in our Creator's hands," she said. "I put my life into God's hands and say, I'm going to do the best that I can every day to bring positive change to people that perhaps need some help. Need opportunity, too."

"That's what I'm going to do, day to day, not necessarily knowing what will bring to my family, to my country, to my life, in the next year, two years, three years down the road," she added.

Palin sat for the interview last week during a visit to Ontario, where she appeared at a charity event.

Filed under: 2012 • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Although I can't stand this woman, I, along with the rest of the democratic caucus want Stuck On Stupid Sarah to run. Go for it! Since CNN loves polls so much, all the recent polls sow that she would lose big if she ran in 2012.

April 21, 2010 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  2. djb

god help us all..........we elected george w two times and we know what happened with that........i'll never underestimate the power of the uniformed and gullible american public again....we should all be afraid, very afraid.

April 21, 2010 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  3. Dave

Palin is exactly what this country needs right now. She is the anti-thesis to the washington establishment and to our current chicago machine, marxist president. She has been attacked more relentlessly then any other politician I have ever seen, and yet she still keeps on serving it up to the liberal loons.
    Palin can speak for 45 minutes based on 4 words written on the palm of her hand, and yet she is an idiot? Meanwhile, obama can't construct a coherent sentence without the use of beloved teleprompter and he is the genius? Wake up people- the media has been lying to you.

April 21, 2010 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  4. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Can we see your taxes "PayMe" Palin? Is there something that you're trying to hide Ms. Conservatism?

April 21, 2010 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  5. Repub

Sarah – please don't try politics anymore – we are sick of you !

April 21, 2010 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  6. gary

Please, please run for President! I also hope someone like Beck will run. I say this as a lifelong Democrats who loves this country.

April 21, 2010 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  7. David R. Scott

I know what she can do with her thumbs!

April 21, 2010 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  8. KLW

Please go back to Alaska and stay there!!

April 21, 2010 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  9. Too True For You

Well, we tried Democracy for 200 years, then psuedo-Fascism under Bush/ Cheney, why not an Idocracy with Palin?

April 21, 2010 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  10. Mark-USN Retired Virginia

IT AIN'T RIGHT!..It Just Ain't Right at all. Sound folksy enough for you?

April 21, 2010 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  11. forgive me not

Here we go again. ......this is a joke

April 21, 2010 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  12. Chris - Denver

It's not right. Just sayin'.

April 21, 2010 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  13. T

This is a joke, she is just doing this to keep the light on...... with the ..media and her pocket book. Its all about the monies with her, not the people. I am sick of her.....

April 21, 2010 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  14. Jim in Houston

Oh, gag me with a spoon. She isn't going to give up her millions as part of the "nattering nabobs of negativism" to settled for 400K a year as President where she will actually have to solve problems. Couldn't even finish one term in office. I did one term as a city councilor that lasted longer then her Governor tenure.

April 21, 2010 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  15. Deb

Run please, so that President Obama will surely win.

April 21, 2010 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  16. John from Minneapolis

Can someone please check if Sarah Palin was born in America...? And while your at it, please check if Michele Bachmann was "born" at all...my gut tells me that she became "self-aware" at some point, like in the 'Matrix'. Is she a robot or what? Please confirm, I want paperwork!!!

April 21, 2010 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  17. mary

please, please, please Sarah run for president in 2012 so Obama can easily win again.

April 21, 2010 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  18. Jimbo (The real one)

I am not anti Palin or anti GOP but I have to believe that her vying for the GOP nomination would put a scare in more republicans than dems.

April 21, 2010 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  19. Voice of Reason

Here's why no sane person should vote for Sarah Palin for president:

1. She is a quitter. When the going got tough she threw in the towel. The list of public servants who have endured much much more for the benefit of the people they were elected to respresent is long and storied. She is not among them.

2. She tells lies. Things that are patently false (like the death panels nonsense), things that are disingenuous and misleading (like "I killed the bridge to nowhere").

3. She spends spends spends. Wasilla Alaska had debt of about $1million when she took office as mayor. When she left, they were up to almost $25million. She says she killed the Gravina Island bridge, but never gave the $400+ Million back to congress (Where's your 'no thanks'?) – rather spent it on other pet projects that werent getting all the bad press.

4. She uses people. She's been cruising the country astroturfing for the republican party in the 'Tea Party Express'. Do your homework and see for yourself that this is merely a thinly-veiled GOP publicity stunt. Duping honest, patriotic Americans by spinning deceit is shameful.

5. She is a whiner. Every time someone criticizes her she gets all offended and acts like there should be legal proceedings against them. She doesnt have people photoshopping her to look like Hitler, Can you imagine how she'd react if they did? She hasnt learned to simply ignore nonsense with dgnity.

There are many many more reasons – go do your homework and find them yourself.

April 21, 2010 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  20. geshrwh

PLEASE...enough of this woman and her short one-liners (to PRE screened questions) and folksy shrill voice(and winks). John McCain opened a Pandora's box when he put this woman on the ticket. WHY does CNN continue to highlight this 1/2 ex-governor of Alaska? She should be ashamed of herself for her lies and distortions.She must go home and laugh at all those who buy into her dribble.

April 21, 2010 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  21. Liz in California

If you can understand her...my mind twists just listening to her reasoning.
    It goes without saying that her plans all along was a run in 2012.
    Who is she fooling?
    Apparently just herself.

April 21, 2010 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  22. Ginger

Oh, please sister Sarah, please run in 2012!!!! I can't think of anything I'd like more than to see you debate Obama.

April 21, 2010 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  23. no news here

please run. and please get the nomination.

April 21, 2010 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  24. Anonymous

Sarah Palin is the most intelligent member of the Republican Party!

April 21, 2010 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  25. Dale

... with Glenn Beck as her vice-presidential running mate. Their campaign stickers would say "Palin-Beck! Fear is power!"

April 21, 2010 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |