April 21st, 2010

Palin on 2012: 'If it's right, then we will pursue that'

Sarah Palin discussed the possibility of a presidential run in an interview with a Canadian television show.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin continues to leave the door to a White House run wide open.

In an interview with "100 Huntley Street," a daily Christian talk show based in Ontario, the former Alaska governor said she "doesn't know politically what is next for me."

But Palin said she will "pursue" a presidential bid in 2012 if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges.

The former vice presidential candidate has generally avoided talking specifically about her 2012 plans, but her comments in Canada are her most forthcoming since she told Fox News in February that it would be "absurd" not to consider a presidential bid.

Palin said she and her family have had an "exciting and full ride" since the 2008 presidential campaign ended. Her travels around the country over the last year and a half, she explained, have given her a glimpse of some of the struggles that regular Americans face every day.

"If I can help provide some encouragement, some inspiration, some hope for them to get through their battles and make good decisions and get through a challenge, because that's what we've been able to do, then I am going to stay focused on that," she said in the interview, set to air next week. "Whether that's on a local level in my own little town of Wasilla, or in the Oval Office, if it's right, then we will pursue that."

Palin said her next move depends, in part, on what God has in store for her.

"I do believe that it is a wise thing for us to put our lives in our Creator's hands," she said. "I put my life into God's hands and say, I'm going to do the best that I can every day to bring positive change to people that perhaps need some help. Need opportunity, too."

"That's what I'm going to do, day to day, not necessarily knowing what will bring to my family, to my country, to my life, in the next year, two years, three years down the road," she added.

Palin sat for the interview last week during a visit to Ontario, where she appeared at a charity event.

Filed under: 2012 • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Freedomics

Please oh Please run for president, Mrs. Palin. You will move the republican primaries to the right and turn it into a popularity contest. Whatever candidate emerges will be far to the right of mainstream America (you know, the not real America). If you should happen to make it through the primaries, you will guarantee President Obama a second term. So to reiterate, please, please run for president in 2012.

April 21, 2010 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  2. Jim in Houston

I talked to God this afternoon and he said to tell Sarah to stop dragging his name into politics.

April 21, 2010 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  3. KPF

Please run, it will be a slam dunk for Obama to get re-elected. It will be comical too, watching her debate Obama and then have Tina Fey on SNL imitating her every move. The media will go crazy.

April 21, 2010 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  4. Jann in Denver

This woman is dumb as a rock. It's embarassing that people in the US would even consider electing this idiot.

April 21, 2010 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  5. Betty

Go away Palin...we need a president not a mother.

April 21, 2010 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  6. Steve

How altruistic of her – she will run only to help out the little people! No real desire for power or control...

April 21, 2010 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  7. JasonK

Palin 2012: The Mayans warned us about it

April 21, 2010 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  8. Michael

Ummmm...you're on a reality TV show are you out of your already crazy mind!
    You think you're qualified to run the country!!!!????
    What's scarier is that there are probably some even CRAZIER people who would like you to run the country – into the ground...like Bush on acid!

April 21, 2010 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  9. ken

i'm an everyday person that finds it challenging to find a good laugh:please run.

April 21, 2010 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  10. Centrist

Please Sarah, run for president. As a Liberal I cannot think of a better way to demonstrate that the GPO desperately needs to return to embracing moderation than to have you spouting the nonsense that you do. Please go for it!!

April 21, 2010 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  11. Cosmo

"if it's right, then we will pursue that."
    That's read "if its right, I'll suck out all of the cash that I possibly can, and then quit".
    Palin has less of chance of being elected President than Fidel Castro.

April 21, 2010 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  12. NELLIE BLY

She clearly isn't thinking. It would be a pay cut and someone needs to to tell her isn't a two year commitment like the Governorship of Alaska.

April 21, 2010 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  13. cindy ex-republican SINCE MCCAIN PICKED PALIN

TOOOOOO many Americans know that you in the Oval Office is not what is right for us and don't buy how you care about the average person. Not only that but question, how can you go on a Christian talk show before and after you spew forth such hate, lies, and out and out bs? You, Ms. Palin, are not even supported by one half of your own party. Anyone who is anyone in the Republican Party knows that you running would have them forfeit a chance for the White House. Oh yea, so please run!!!

Obama 2012 – you betcha!

April 21, 2010 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  14. Marie MD

This idiot is delusional. Like she has a chance. You came in tied for third with 18% of a handful of votes. Stop dreaming and go back to AK and that special needs child of yours. GET LOST!!!!
    What every day people? Those who didn't get to be a millionaire by being like her?
    I see she still doesn't know what periods and commas are for, but then again . . . . . it IS the quitter from AK after all.

April 21, 2010 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  15. Prav

Can she speak one grammatically correct sentence? And she majored in journalism?

April 21, 2010 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  16. Edgar

Palin 2012!

You betcha. Let the vitriol roll...

April 21, 2010 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  17. skurfer

I want to see her birth certificate, nobody this nuts could have been born naturally.

April 21, 2010 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  18. Joseph B

The second she says no to running in 2012, there go all the cameras

April 21, 2010 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  19. Michael

I hope she runs,It will make all the others look more intelligent.

April 21, 2010 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  20. Sue

Sarah Palin continues to leave the door to a White House run wide open.

Thanks CNN,
    Now my eyes are bleeding!

April 21, 2010 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  21. JA/TN

please people, the tea baggers need to rethink their game, America don't need the division, didn't buy it in 2008 won't in 2012

April 21, 2010 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  22. larryt

If this lady runs for president Im running the other way..fast!

April 21, 2010 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  23. pat c.

dear sarah...it takes more than inspiration an hope to run a country and babe you are not qualified to run your own household.you have had a great ride at the exspense of your teabag family. thank god they are a very small portion of americans that would ever vote for you!!
    it takes more than teabags to balance a budget,work with world leaders, make decisions for all americans [not just those that carry guns an read the bible everyday] and not in this lifetime will you ever gain the intelligence to walk an chew gum at the same time.

April 21, 2010 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  24. Sniffit

"I put my life into God's hands and say, I'm going to do the best that I can every day to bring positive change to people that perhaps need some help. "

Really? So did God have any comments about you fabricating and perseverating the "death panels" lie to scare the elderly in hopes of preventing health care reform from passing and providing health care for the 1/6+/- of this country that "perhaps needed some insurance"?

April 21, 2010 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  25. Pam Eugene,OR

Please run Sarah. It will be so much fun to watch you battle for the nomination with your fellow GOP candidates.

April 21, 2010 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |