April 21st, 2010

Palin on 2012: 'If it's right, then we will pursue that'

Sarah Palin discussed the possibility of a presidential run in an interview with a Canadian television show.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin continues to leave the door to a White House run wide open.

In an interview with "100 Huntley Street," a daily Christian talk show based in Ontario, the former Alaska governor said she "doesn't know politically what is next for me."

But Palin said she will "pursue" a presidential bid in 2012 if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges.

The former vice presidential candidate has generally avoided talking specifically about her 2012 plans, but her comments in Canada are her most forthcoming since she told Fox News in February that it would be "absurd" not to consider a presidential bid.

Palin said she and her family have had an "exciting and full ride" since the 2008 presidential campaign ended. Her travels around the country over the last year and a half, she explained, have given her a glimpse of some of the struggles that regular Americans face every day.

"If I can help provide some encouragement, some inspiration, some hope for them to get through their battles and make good decisions and get through a challenge, because that's what we've been able to do, then I am going to stay focused on that," she said in the interview, set to air next week. "Whether that's on a local level in my own little town of Wasilla, or in the Oval Office, if it's right, then we will pursue that."

Palin said her next move depends, in part, on what God has in store for her.

"I do believe that it is a wise thing for us to put our lives in our Creator's hands," she said. "I put my life into God's hands and say, I'm going to do the best that I can every day to bring positive change to people that perhaps need some help. Need opportunity, too."

"That's what I'm going to do, day to day, not necessarily knowing what will bring to my family, to my country, to my life, in the next year, two years, three years down the road," she added.

Palin sat for the interview last week during a visit to Ontario, where she appeared at a charity event.

Filed under: 2012 • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Chuck S

Run Sarah run! There's not a surer way to crush the Republican ticket in 2012 than if Sarah Palin is on the ballot...as a Democrat who supports Barak Obama and will support him again in 2012, PLEASE Sarah, please...run for president!

April 21, 2010 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  2. Chas in Iowa

Go Sarah Go!!!!!

If Sarah Palin was to run for president in 2012 it would implode the GOP.

April 21, 2010 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  3. andersonnc

Run Sarah Run! Obama will win by an even bigger margin....

April 21, 2010 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  4. Kris Jackson

Oh, Sarah, please do run! It's just what this country needs. Your candidacy would ensure Barack Obama's re-election. Please please do run.

April 21, 2010 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  5. so what?

You betcha, in the Oral Office!

April 21, 2010 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  6. lstro

Shara Please! You maybe and this is a big maybe, are appealing to 10% of the US population. Let me make it short and simple for ya: "YOU'RE NOT ELECTABLE. And one other small tibet, "YOU'RE NOT QUALIFIED." So there you have it. Do the tax payers a favor and end this losing battle, TODAY! I thank you in advance.

April 21, 2010 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  7. so what?

What a day when retards can be President! Is this a joke!

April 21, 2010 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  8. Here in Tucson!

Don't forget about Evan Mecham, Arizona's former governor who made the "pickaninny" statement and the cancellation of the state's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

April 21, 2010 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  9. so what?

The only place Palin should be thinking of in 2012 is going back to school and riding on the short bus!

April 21, 2010 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  10. Education

Sarah was the best thing that ever happened to SNL in 08, can't wait for 2012.

April 21, 2010 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  11. Truth

One more thing for you loons that are so worried about her pay check.

In the first quarter of the year the woman has raised over 2 million dollars for local republicans and charity events that are dear to her heart.

The 2 million doesn't include the $650,000 she helped raise for Buchmann.

AND

Last week she give a speech in front of 17,000 women at the Women of Joy event. Last year 4000 attended. $79.00 a ticket X 17,000 =

You do the math.

Now you know why the LSM continues to lie about this woman 24/7.

April 21, 2010 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  12. Sam the Butcher

If it is right...what, the paycheck? POTUS pays less than what she scams fools for these days. She is sounding more and more like a televangelist - especially with the money-grubbing.

April 21, 2010 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  13. Chris

LOL why in the world would anyone want to have this lady in the White House is beyond me. I mean really she didn't finish her last job. So you telling me if she was elected President she would just quit one day because she felt like it? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! This lady on a Republican Ballot would be a god send to the Democrats in 2012!!! I mean talk about slam dunk re-election President OBAMA!!. LOL

April 21, 2010 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  14. hongli

The only House that Sarah Palin can run for and win is the "OUT-HOUSE". I do hope she knows what an "OUT- HOUSE" means. Just incase She doesn't understand ,let me explain. An "OUT-HOUSE" is another word for an "OUT DOOR PIT – TOILET " like the ones in certain parts of Alaska.

April 21, 2010 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  15. Sergeant Martin

I hope she runs....she will destroy the Republican's chance of winning.

April 21, 2010 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  16. Betty in Arizona

OMG, can this idiot be for real. Run Sarah, please. She is so FULL of herself and all the GREAT things she believes she can do, is such stark stupidity. To much religion and guns to suit most Americans. She is a violent person, does she know that? Go home Sarah we are so SICK of you and your brilliant ideas.

April 21, 2010 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  17. andrew

___

What exactly has she done to accomplish this? She quit the only public service job she had. Presiding over 6000 eskimos...

April 21, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  18. Scott

"If it's right...." well, she is so far right (right out there) that her response leaves little doubt that she will run.

April 21, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  19. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Money, Money, Money while Palin is "given a glimpse of some of the struggles that regular Americans face every day". What a put down of "regular Americans", she ain't one of them anymore thanks to your money.

April 21, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  20. Irma in North Carolina

Sarah I am sure God doesnt want you out their spreading hate and lies and bashing the the president and the white house. If you run for president you wont get very far. What are you going to do when you have a debate. Are you going to pay them to let you know the questions ahead of time.

April 21, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  21. Shirley in California

I'll repeat what I said Nov. 4, 2009 – SHE WILL NOT RUN. She knows she will NEVER win. She is only talking to hear herself talking. This is all the woman can do. The more she talks the more people HATE/love her and in return she makes money. In this regard (and only this) she is very smart.

It doesn't matter who the republicans place against OUR president – HE WILL WIN. Aren't you people tried yet? He has faced down EVERYTHING thrown at him and come out on top (the only exception being the Olympics – and he won the Nobel Peace Prize to offset that). Finally, after 8 years we have someone who actually understands the job of the presidency, looks good and is intelligent and in my opinion is doing a very good job. I can't wait to vote for him again. Oh well, I enjoy the comments about this moron. Carry on and have a nice day.

April 21, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  22. Laughing in Florida

"God" wants you to quit saying you are motivated by God and not by your own delusions of celebrity and ego. And we all know what a good quitter you are.

April 21, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  23. Ben

Hahahaha, Sarah it won't be right...I promise. Nothing will make you a credible candidate.

April 21, 2010 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  24. DennisK

Unless medical science has perfected the brain transplant by 2012, I think you'd better sit that one out, Sarah...

April 21, 2010 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  25. val

why is Palin touring Canada, send her back, Oh they don't want her either......

April 21, 2010 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |