April 29th, 2010

Rielle Hunter reveals new details

Rielle Hunter told Oprah Thursday that she was helping John Edwards find his 'authentic self.'

(CNN) – Despite many people telling her it wasn’t the best idea to sit down with Oprah Winfrey for an interview, Rielle Hunter – politician John Edwards' mistress – decided to do it anyway.

"I feel in my heart it’s the right thing to do," Hunter said Thursday, especially now that "Johnny," as she calls him, has admitted paternity of their daughter, Frances Quinn.

Hunter said she wanted to set the facts straight about who she is, and that while she understands the judgment that has been heaped upon her, she doesn’t see herself as a home wrecker or gold digger, she told Winfrey.

Read the full story on the CNN Marquee Blog

Filed under: John Edwards • Rielle Hunter
  1. Wert

My hat's off to her for trying to find his "authentic" self. So far, all we've seen from him is fake.

April 29, 2010 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  2. Enough

home wreckers don't ever think that they are. Johnny boy is nothing but a low life liar who needs to stay under the rock he crawled out fromt. Deny, Deny and deny some more, until the facts slapped him in the face and could no longer be hidden.

April 29, 2010 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  3. get real

Tabloid crap....real news please! I doubt anyone has found their "authentic" self through a sordid affair, unless of course, your real self is real sleazy.

April 29, 2010 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  4. Stacie

No one cares what the record is in the first place. You slept with a married man! End of story!

April 29, 2010 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  5. Steve (the real one)

Rielle Hunter: I was helping John Edwards find his 'authentic self'
    --------------
    Huh? Is that now code for Adultery?

April 29, 2010 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  6. Anonymous

A "USER" looking for more publicity. Like Octo Mom and so many others. She will probably get a reality show like Illinois' ex Gov (Blago)

April 29, 2010 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  7. Average American

Yes, we all know the best way to set the facts straight is to appear scantily clad in some tabloid magazine. She's a real role model...as is her "boyfriend". I do thank her for helping all of us see Edwards' authentic self.

April 29, 2010 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  8. j

HAR,HAR,HAR,HAR,HAR---- What a laugh !!!! From what I see, she must have well hidden "talents".

April 29, 2010 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  9. Randy

I've never heard it called "authentic self" before...I call mine "willie"

April 29, 2010 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  10. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

You may not see yourself as a homewrecker Rielle, but you are. You knew the man was married.

April 29, 2010 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  11. Jayne

Find his authentic self ? The man is a fake and this woman a bimbo.

April 29, 2010 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  12. Terry From West Texas

Here we go. Now every woman in America will post a twelve paragraphs of enraged comments condemning this woman to the darkest regions of the underworld for an eternity of torment.

There are certain immutable truths:

1. Romantic love is temporary. It is a biochemical change in the brain that is initially very powerful but which wanes over time.

.2. The most powerful attraction any man can feel is the attraction to a woman whose pheromones are addictive to him.

3. Many successful, powerful men will be unable to resist a lovely, intelligent, willing woman.

4. Many women are very attracted to powerful, intelligent, wealthy, widely-admired men.

Nevertheless, women are surprised every time this happens. Women who cannot resist a piece of fudge cannot understand how a guy cannot resist a lovely, charming, intelligent woman. I am not trying to praise Edward's behavior, just explain it.

And this will shock you too, women. This is going to happen again.

April 29, 2010 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  13. Male to the core

What a good sport she is, not to care whether he was married or not!

April 29, 2010 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  14. CONNIE

She knew Johnny was a married man. Enough said.

April 29, 2010 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  15. The Othewr Micheal in Houston

We know exactly who you are! You are a gold digging, home wrecking, hore. I would have sympathy for you if you did not know the John a.k.a. the biggest piece of crap in the world, was not married and all of sudden you found out, but you knew he was married, you knew his wife was battling cancer but you still had an affair with him anyway. So begone, you and John deserve every bit of ridicule and critisism that you are recieving.You are no victim in this Rielle. It is sad that your daughter has you and piece of crap John Edwards as parents. I hope she turns out to be you and Johns complete opposite.

April 29, 2010 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  16. Walter

Found it! And it turns out to be a philandering low-life.

April 29, 2010 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  17. Sandy

When did it become ok to brag about being the other woman?

April 29, 2010 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  18. Just Lisa

And setting the record straight would mean what?
    We know that you KNEW this man was married to a woman whom was sick, and had children.

What are we missing? There are just some things I wouldn't want a soul to be able to say about me, like I was instrumental in breaking up a married couple and helping put their children through pain.

And....knowing his wife is sick and not caring about any of this because I was out for myself.

That is setting the record straight?

April 29, 2010 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  19. Clint, Wa.

"I feel in my pocketbook it’s the right thing to do"

April 29, 2010 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  20. Jeff Brown in Jersey

She's hoping to score a reality show gig like Tanya Harding...

April 29, 2010 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  21. Shirley in California

It's such a shame young girls have people such as this Rielle woman to listen to. She is saying – it is okay to have affairs and come on talk shows to air it. Anytime I see a young girl saying and doing trashy things I think to myself: they have no role models anymore. Its all about money and nothing else. This is such a pathetic woman. Adultery is adultery. It doesn't matter who commits it. Truly sad.

April 29, 2010 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  22. Tam

She has no shame. I don't need to know, don't want to know anything about her or from her. SLeaze

April 29, 2010 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  23. Anonymous

Has she ever heard of birth control?

April 29, 2010 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  24. Nelson, Colorado Springs Co

Rielle Hunter you are not a home wrecker or gold digger if you feel in my heart it’s the right thing to do. John Edwards home was already broken. People should get over this. Go job it your world.

April 29, 2010 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  25. Shucks

Edwards mistress speaks? I thought she just lied on her back.

April 29, 2010 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |