May 19th, 2010

Biden: Sestak will make a 'wonderful United States Senator'

(CNN) – Vice President Joe Biden released a statement Wednesday praising Rep. Joe Sestak following his victory in Tuesday's Pennsylvania Democratic primary. Biden had backed incumbent Sen. Arlen Specter in the race.

(Full statement after the jump.)

“Arlen Specter is one of my closest friends. He has served Pennsylvania with determination, wisdom, and skill for many years. I was proud to play a role in his return to the Democratic Party; his votes to pass the Recovery Act and health insurance reform were courageous and critical to our success. I look forward to working with him during the rest of this year, and remaining in close contact with him after his term in Washington is finished.

“I spoke to Joe Sestak last night and congratulated him on his impressive victory. He will make a great candidate in the fall, and a wonderful United States Senator. I look forward to campaigning for him in Pennsylvania and celebrating his victory in November.”

Filed under: 2010 • Arlen Specter • Joe Biden • Joe Sestak • Pennsylvania • Pennsylvania Senate
  1. stevegee

Not so fast Joe! The people of PA were just giving old Benedict Arlen the boot.

There's a general election in November, and Pat Toomey is going to win that, big time! Along with all the rest of the landslide conservative victories coming across America. After that, you and Obama should plan on lots of golf and gaffs, because you'll both be nothing more than lame duck mistakes.

May 19, 2010 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  2. aproudmemberoftheunpatrioticmob

This foul mouth air head just can't keep his mouth shut, he has even less credibility than that slimy, corrupt liar he works for .

May 19, 2010 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  3. Rick McDaniel

He still has to win in November.....and odds are.....he won't.

May 19, 2010 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  4. Rick V

Thank you, Joe Biden. I hope you do for Sestak what you did for Specter because I look forward to having Toomey as my senator.

May 19, 2010 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  5. Sniffit

Note to conservatives: your "liberal media conspiracy" resulted in CNN posting multiple stories about Rand Paul, the Tealiban, Sestak ousting Specter, interpolations of doomsday for Obama tea-leaf readings from the PRIMARY results and all sorts of things on the Ticker today, but what it did not produce...a single story about the Democrat who beat a Republican in John Murtha's conservative district in PA and what that might say about the state of affairs.

You can all shut up now.

May 19, 2010 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  6. Flipper

It's amazing that the Obama administration can sound so articulate with all that egg on their face.

May 19, 2010 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  7. Dave

He could have, but now Joe that you spoke for him.. he most likely won't !!!

May 19, 2010 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  8. Mountaineer

I couldn't agree more. Congressman Sustek will make a good Senator that stands for true Democratic values that include putting checks on big banks and big financial institutions and fight for the little man, something that isn't often done in Washington.

I am sure Senator Specter is a good man, but he was a Republican turned Democrat and could not be trusted. I hope this is a wake-up call and Lieberman is next to go. He is not a true Democrat, he's for Lieberman and big Insurance interest!

May 19, 2010 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  9. Dennis

Toomey will make abetter one!

May 19, 2010 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  10. Cynthia - Arkansas

I am so glad Joe Sestak won last night. He is a REAL Democrat and will make our party proud.

May 19, 2010 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  11. ib

another liberal that needs to bite the dust and not be elected.

May 19, 2010 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  12. Matt

Hey Joey you do realize he only won a primary right? He still has a long way to go. If I were you I would hold my breath. Just hold it. don't let it out. Just hold it in till you black out ok. Good Joey.

May 19, 2010 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |