May 21st, 2010

Palin campaigns in Idaho ... with a new outfit

Sarah Palin's luggage was lost Friday, forcing her to find an alternate outfit before a speech in Idaho.

Washington (CNN) – Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin arrived in Boise, Idaho on Friday to stump for House candidate Vaughn Ward - but her luggage didn't.

Speaking to a crowd Boise's Qwest Arena, Palin touted the conservative credentials of the Republican congressional hopeful, but also revealed that her outfit, a blue jacket and black dress, was not her own.

"This morning my luggage didn't arrive, so about an hour ago I was sitting backstage in sweats, tennis shoes, and man this is just so me it seems like," Palin told the crowd.

"I'm in borrowed clothes, again. Anybody who followed the VP trail … yep," Palin joked, alluding to controversial purchases made by Republican National Committee to fill out her wardrobe during the 2008 presidential campaign.

After Palin's luggage failed to arrive Friday morning, a Ward campaign volunteer bought Palin's temporary outfit and was later reimbursed for the purchase, Ward spokesman Mike Tracy told CNN affiliate KTVB.

Palin will continue her western swing Saturday, making a stop in Denver, Colorado.

Ward, who touts Palin's endorsement at the top of his campaign website, is facing off against state Rep. Raul Labrador in next week's GOP primary.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. p

this is worthless news...should be in the entertainment section.

May 21, 2010 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  2. LouAz

When are you TPers and Flat earth Repubs going to catch on > She is scamming you out of new wardrobes every year. She is in it for the clothes !

May 21, 2010 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  3. Larry

Palin and Paul are the face of the Republican party

May 21, 2010 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  4. ac

OMG did her bendy straws make it ? OH no for the love of god! someone go out and get the woman some bendy straws and some markers to write smart stuff on her hands!!

May 21, 2010 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  5. Craig

She is not worth this much attention. Let her go back to hunting from the helicopter and leave us all alone please.

May 21, 2010 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  6. Tundra

Flash:
    Public endures another Palin event, decision, remark, attack, rebuttal, experience, revelation, smirky photo, etc.

Look for Palin's missing clothes on Ebay soon for adoring fans and Jeff Jackson. The only good part about these stories is to keep the real Palin in the public eye so that these fantasies people have about her being a politician stay just that....fantasies.

May 21, 2010 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  7. Indy

I wonder how many other unemployed loud mouths that can't keep a job and have nothing important to say, thave no morals and sold their souls to the devil for money lost their luggage today.

May 21, 2010 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  8. Fernando F.

wow! another story about Sarah Palin and I still have no interest whatsoever on her babbling.

May 21, 2010 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  9. Doug

WHO CARES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This woman is nothing but trouble for our country. It's so very sad and scary that the american people even listen to her much less take her comments seriously.

May 21, 2010 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  10. Chris

Oh gee, golly just give her ANY reason to go shopping...

May 21, 2010 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  11. works for me

I'm sure she'll find someone or some political party to get her some clothes... AGAIN!

May 21, 2010 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  12. panda

"But really folks, think about this.
    You can't trust a politician of any age,
    sex, or party orientation." – jeff jackson

jeff, you are correct. And Palin is one of the worst. And if you think she's hot, then I don't even want to think about what the girls look like where you come from. Someone's never been to Europe...

May 21, 2010 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  13. ThinkAgain

No wonder she likes to talk in sound bites; more than one clause and she butchers the English language!

May 21, 2010 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  14. Sick and tired of Lazy GOP

She is such a phony; now she's trying to convince them she's not filthy rich. I wonder if they know that they're why she is rich. you think?

May 21, 2010 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  15. SharkMan2

Considering that she forces the people she speaks for to pay for a private jet, I find it extremely difficult to believe that she lost her luggage. She's so full of it.

May 21, 2010 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  16. Robin in Tampa, FL

Nobody really cares about Palin's stupid antics anymore ... we've found a new village clown in Rand Paul.

May 21, 2010 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  17. Ann

You all love this woman. CNN is reporting every move she makes and you all jump with comments.

May 21, 2010 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  18. Chris_VA

How does the private plane lose you luggage???

Anyone who's watched her speak doesn't need anyone else to tell them she's an idiot. It's self evident. Sexy??? Give me a break, please...

May 21, 2010 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  19. Anonymous

This woman is pure evil.

May 21, 2010 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  20. ib

I love watching any article on Palin drive the far left wingnuts into a crazed fit. Works everytime. They are so afraid of her it's funny.

May 21, 2010 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  21. lee silvera

Big deal!!!!she wants people to feel sorry for her.Wow!!!Next time she needs to have a back up plane to carry her luggage.Why she could not buy another outfit from her pocket.?Real cheapskate.!!!!Palin grow up and be a real woman and face real problems ,not discussing about lost luggage.

May 21, 2010 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  22. ThinkAgain

Hey, I had to change my clothes mid-day yesterday because I was caught in a heavy thunderstorm – how come CNN didn't report on that?

Oh, yeah, because I didn't quit my job, abandon my kids, slap my name on a book that someone else wrote, and agree to run around the country spouting lies in a snarky, whiny voice, all the while wearing helmet-hair, too much makeup and clothes someone bought for me.

Darn! Getting my degree from one school in four years, working for 18 years, then making do on one income so I could stay at home to raise my children was obviously the wrong way to go!

Where was Palin when I needed a role model on how to be a success? I feel like I really blew my chance at the big bucks ...

*sarcasm*

May 21, 2010 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  23. madeline trevison

all thesepeople with so much negative sayins how sad they must not have much love in there life to be so hate full. i will pray for them so they can seethe truth we need sarah palin. to help get this country back on track.. go sarah and remember to pray before you speak and let GOD DO THE REST..

May 21, 2010 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  24. Bill

Sarah Palin is a failed "sports journalist" and beauty pageant runner-up who was never qualified to be mayor of Alaska, or even mayor of a small town. It's a national embarrassment she was ever a candidate for ANY federal office, much less the Presidency. PLEASE stop reporting about this non-person!

May 21, 2010 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  25. Dan

The woman has a sense of humor. Give her a break. Why does a (good) joke about lost luggage turn in to a bashing?

Dan