May 28th, 2010

Obama: 'The buck stops with me'

Washington (CNN) - "I ultimately take responsibility for solving this crisis," Obama said about the continuing oil spill in the Gulf. "I'm the president, and the buck stops with me."

Filed under: President Obama
  1. katiec

Because our president is the president of our country it is his problem. But, we must all remember ALL these diasters that have occured are due to the previous admininstrations and the republicans undtying support of big business. No regulations, no oversight, policiies in their favor, letting them have complete control. If back up plans, safety features etc had been required this diaster would not be happening.
    Far as our taking over, we do not have the expertise, equipment, resources to do so. There are experts from many countries there trying to resolve. The research the oil companies have done are for how to dig deeper, not how to protect.

May 28, 2010 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  2. Dede

I am very disappointed with CNN's commentary regarding this story. It's as if you're trying to create news where there is none. What more can the President do. How did the President going to Louisiana stop the well leak, not at all. I'm sorry for the people of Louisiana, but everyone especially those of you at CNN need to stop being so emotional.

May 28, 2010 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  3. Tammy

.........and off for vacation he goes. Hope he gets some time to play some more golf too.

May 28, 2010 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  4. Capt. Snarky

Ok, fine. The Buck stops with you. Now get your arse to work and clean this mess up!!!! Pronto!

May 28, 2010 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  5. ray cambron

yeah until he can find some one else to blame it on bush limbaugh ariizona glenn beck for president

May 28, 2010 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  6. thor

I'm sure this gives the people in that region a resounding voice of confidence that now something is going to get done.Maybe Obama is going to send and Army of volunteers each one carrying shop vacs to suck up all the spilled oil.

May 28, 2010 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |