(CNN) - CNN's Larry King sat down with President Barack Obama Thursday for an interview airing at 9 p.m. ET.
- Obama said that Israel "has legitimate security concerns" in Gaza, but the Israeli blockade "is preventing people" from pursuing economic opportunities. This week's incident regarding the flotilla is a "tragic situation," he said. We need to "use [it] as an opportunity" to advance the Middle East peace process.
- Obama criticized Arizona's immigration law, warning that, among other things, it
could lead to "50 different laws in 50 different states." Border security is a federal concern.
- Obama said it would be a "wonderful story" if NBA star LeBron James stays in Cleveland, but he needs a team and coach "that he respects." James is a "wonderful young man" and an
"amazing talent," he said.
- Obama said he still supports off-shore oil drilling "if it can be done safely."
- Obama said that the situation in the Gulf of Mexico "is an unprecedented oil spill." But "it could have been even worse" if the federal government hadn't reacted quickly.
- Obama said that "BP caused this spill ... [and] they're responsible" for paying the costs. "My job is to make sure they're being held accountable," he said. But BP has the "best equipment" to stop the spill.
- Obama said he is "furious at this entire situation" in the Gulf of Mexico because "somebody didn't think through the consequences of their actions." Obama said he has not seen enough of a rapid response from BP.
- Obama said that the government was not extending a moratorium on deep-water oil drilling to shallow-water wells.
Read the full story here.
Did he read the Law for Arizona?
People would be more inclined to discuss Immigration Reform if our Borders were SECURE. I voted for President Obama, I believed he meant what he said. But now, now its just pure fear for the direction he is sending our country and thankful I don't have kids and grandkids and their grandkids that will be paying the price.
Rachel Corrie, a 21 year-old American, was murdered by Israel. So were 34 American sailors on the USS Liberty. And now, a 19 year-old American, Furkan Dogan, is shot four times in the head by Israeli storm troopers violently stopping a humanitarian relief effort to Gaza, the world's largest open-air prison. These are our tax dollars at work – killing Americans and undermining America. When does this treasonous foreign policy end?
Obama said that the oil spill "could have been even worse" if the federal government hadn't reacted quickly. Really? What exactly has the federal government done???
I say waterboard Obama and send him back to one of his muslim lovin nations! Or to Mexico since he loves illegals so much. What a disgraceful Prez.
Perhaps Mr Obama better check with MMS on the drilling moratorium. Few in the industry consider 500 feet to be "deep-water" for oil & gas exploration, but that's what the executive order covers. And exactly what did the federal government do when they "reacted quickly"?
.....It' hard to fill an empty suit.
Somebody is still gonna find fault with what he says.
tTe gutless White House statement – that the Obama administration was “working to understand the circumstances surrounding the tragedy”. Not a single word of condemnation. And that’s it. Nine dead. Just another statistic to add to the Middle East’s toll. No other nation will be allowed to do what is Israel has done and coimmited itself to murder and ethnic cleansing. what rights the Palestinans cousins have to defend themselves Mr. President? if our ally Israel is so kem on peace how come they have continued to annex more Arab land by all means necessary?Have we lost our moral compass?
I quote the honorbale Mr Mirza Yawar Baig of Hyderabad India: 'How do you want to be remembered by your daughters? As a man who stood for what is right even though it cost him his job? Or.......'
I say, 'remembered by your daughters', because believe me, they will be the only ones who will still remember you after you retire. They and I, a man alone, far from where you are, but who believed in you and what you said you stood for..........now is the time to put your money where your mouth is, Mr. President."
Mr Obama an american Citizen, a peace activist was shot dead in cold blooded muder. if this had been an act carried out by another country in this arab region you and the rest of your country would be in public outrage. constantly bullet dodging israels acts of violence is ruining the safety of your people and your allies. you must comdemn israel now.
America can THANK CHENEY and the REPUBLICAN PARTY FOR DE-REGULATION'S . . . THAT CREATED the GULF OIL SPILL!
What prevents the palestinians from "economic opportunities" is the islamist extremists like Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran. They simply use the palestinians as an excuse for their evil agenda and we all know where that leads. Wake-up, Barry!
– Obama said that Israel "has ....
– Obama criticized Arizona's immigration ....
– Obama said it would be a "wonderful story" if NBA ....
– Obama said he still supports off-shore oil drilling ...
– Obama said that the situation in the Gulf of Mexico "is ....
– Obama said that "BP caused this spill ...
– Obama said he is "furious at this ...
– Obama said that the government was not extending ...
WHERE'S THE REST OF THE STORY?!!! ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GUESS WHICH ONE OF THESE HE IS BLAMING ON GEORGE BUSH TODAY?????!!!!!
Israel has legitmate security concerns. Hamas is a terrorist group and must not be allowed to get materials to fire missiles into CIVILLIAN AREA. These people are cowards and need to shown that Israel is willing to hold materials.
Quickly... Over to Larry King Live to spin his being schooled by the Governor of Arizona.
Arizona and any other states would not have to write new laws IF YOU and your agencies DID YOUR JOB, MR PRESIDENT.
Obongo is bought and paid for by big jew. I mean seriously, you think that a nog could win the presidency without some swarthy yid propping him up at every moment? And that's why he, like every other politician, is too afraid to put that Zionist cancer occupying Palestine in its place. The time for new American leadership, leadership without the jew, has come.
– Obama criticized Arizona's immigration law, warning that, among other things, it could lead to "50 different laws in 50 different states." Border security is a federal concern.
too bad the Feds don't enforce the laws we have.....
" But "it could have been even worse" I suppose just about everything and anything could be worst. But your right it could and it is by the second.
In my book thebest president this country chose to lead us. No maverick tricks or impulsive decision to rush over and camp out to take care of the oli spill (Sorry James Carville your yellilng fell on deaf ears), does not dance to the tune of CNN and other media needing to "see" emotion. He is doing exaclty what we thought he would do, make decisions in a calm and analytic way. I will vote for him again in a heart beat, cant' wait for it!
Obama on King Live.
Anyone for some super duper extra softball ?
Legitimate security concernpes. All the Palis (that is, the Arabs & Muslims in the area) EVER had to do was leave the Jews alone. They get their asses handed to them time and again. The Palis (Hamas et al) hide in plain sight under protection of UN "observers", then fire rockets indiscriminately into Israel, and you, Mr. President, want to chastise Israel? Sir, Arafat – who won the same prize as you for peace – NEVER wanted peace. When offered 98% of what he asked for, he turned it all down to continue to fight the Jews. That's right. He, and Hamas et al, are using humans as pawns. Why not chastise these folks for a change? Be different than your party norm. Lay the blame where it deserves: Hamas, Arafat, et al.
I smell a lot of soft ball questions to the teleprompter.
Oh No! you mean the states would have to do what the constitution outlines for them to do? Hey Obama you should take a day and read through the constitution some time.
will the president talk about his slow response to Katrina, er, I mean the BP oil spill? Will he address the bribes to Sestak and Romanoff? Will he talk about how much he's added to our national debt? I don't think so. I'm sure he'll huff and puff and blame everyone else but him. He needs to offer solutions. There's plenty of time for blame and BP will get their due.
Obama will be another Jimmy Carter.
lolol...man, oh man, what a sorry amateur Barry is....totally clueless. Hang on, Barry, I'm sure Spike Lee will tell you what to do next. Thanks alot democrats for hanging this guy on us.