June 7th, 2010

Whoomp, there he is? Obama look-alike in '90s music video

An Obama look-alike appears in a 1990s music video.
An Obama look-alike appears in a 1990s music video.

(CNN) – Whoomp, there he is! Or is he?

Conspiracy theorists suspect that a left-handed, dominoes-playing dude who appears in the music video for Tag Team's single "Whoomp (There It Is)" is none other than President Obama.

The Obama look-alike makes a cameo about a minute into the video, sporting shades, flashy rings and a Zack Morris cell phone.

Online message boards have been abuzz with what would be the best kept secret of the Obama presidency.

Their argument: The guy flashing a smile in the 1993 music video looks a lot like the president, who would have been about 31 at the time.

Full story

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. Jim in St. Johns, FL

Wow, that should mean he is certainly qualified to be President huh?

June 7, 2010 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  2. GI Joe

Ears are not the same and fingers are not the same.

June 7, 2010 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  3. Henry Miller, Libertarian

At least Obama has a career to fall back on after 2012.

June 7, 2010 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  4. Michelle

For the first time in my adult life I am proud of hip-hop videos!

June 7, 2010 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  5. Pragmatic

.. and there are more than one video of Rudy in drag .... the point is????

June 7, 2010 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  6. Phil in KC

Could be. But if it is? Well, I guess those guys now have bragging rights, but that's about it. Or maybe it proves the Pres likes to have a little fun. No law against that.

June 7, 2010 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  7. PINKY

wow not you guys think all blacks look alike im really who thinks that but a racist! get real he is not ghetto

June 7, 2010 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  8. Sun52shine

Stop the madness! This guy's complexion is to light to be President Obama. Also, the President is too humble-he would never were flashy rings or anything to show boat!

June 7, 2010 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  9. Wayne

This is funny on a whole new level...

June 7, 2010 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  10. Sniffit

Who cares? Even if it's him it's just a gig. Of course, the GOPers/cons will be saying it means he should be impeached or some such nonsense. Idiots.

June 7, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  11. Joe

Why a look-alike in 1990?. President Obama wasn't known then. That is him President Obama himself.

June 7, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  12. lolo

So what.? You people are just ridicoulous.

June 7, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  13. NVa Native

Lets see how the party of rascists plays this one .... no surprise here.
    Just another example of how the GOP think all black people look alike?? More generalized stero types and with undertones of basic rascism that the fox network and GOPers will play to their fan base of scared old people – who all are on socialized medicine. How can they not see how this plays out? Are they really that ignorant?

June 7, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  14. Kendel

The shhnauzzer is way different. The Prez also has much larger ears – some real signal catchers, I tell you. All said, Obama is much more handsome... But nice try conspiracy theorists. Some tea bag idiot had too much time on his hands.

June 7, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  15. Coherent1

No, that's Bush! Are you guys kidding me with this story? You will do anything to put this man in your little character box. Still digging for a past on Obama? Re-read The Audacity of Hope. Geez!

June 7, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  16. Rob

I voted for Obama. I gave donations to his campaign in 2008. What a frickin' mistake. This bum is nothing but a wishy-washy, in bed with corporate America, Washington insider. A complete Chicago hack.. He has failed and broken so many promises. He really is a Republican in disguise. I now root for this skunk to fail in every way. Even if it means having another right-wing nut job in the White House in 2012. I chuckle with each bit of bad economic news that comes out and how Obama has mismanaged the entire thing because of his close ties with Wall Street and all the bailouts he handed them.

And, Obama's defense of BP and Israel is disgusting.

Barack Obama? You sir have failed.

I voted for Nader in 96 and 2000. I live in Florida and am one of those 10 thousand Nadar voters in the state that prevented Al Gore from becoming president. He was also a fraud. I'm going back to those roots and no longer voting for the lesser of 2 evils again.

Shame on you, Barack Obama!

June 7, 2010 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  17. Ryan

Funny I thought I saw a younger Bush make a cameo in the film 'Blow'.

June 7, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  18. KJ

With all the issues we are facing, this is not news. Leave this kind crap to the Enquirer or Fox News!

June 7, 2010 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  19. JR

If it is true, what is the problem?
    Does the US Constitution deny the right to be the POTUS to any person participating in the music video?
    If so, let me know please.

June 7, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  20. isaiah's grandma

we have more important issues to learn about and discuss.
    why is this news????

June 7, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  21. rosaadriana

This is the stupidest thing I have every heard.

June 7, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  22. Biff

And here I thought all he was prior to becoming POTUS was a lowly community organizer. I have a lot more respect for the guy now that I know he at least had one real job in his life.

June 7, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  23. RCasson

This is really a dumb post. That white man in the video looks nothing like our fine President!

June 7, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  24. alex in wisconsin

How come I have the feeling that this is one conspiracy the white wing......i mean right wing nuts won't be talking about at their rallies?

June 7, 2010 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |