June 9th, 2010

Gore daughter separates from husband

Karenna Gore Schiff, the oldest daughter of former Vice President Al Gore and Tipper Gore.

(CNN) - Karenna Gore Schiff, the oldest daughter of former Vice President Al Gore and Tipper Gore, has separated from her husband, Dr. Andrew Schiff, after 13 years of marriage, two sources close to the former vice president tell CNN.

This news comes just a week after the former vice president and Mrs. Gore announced their own separation after 40 years of marriage.

Gore Schiff is 36 years old, a graduate of Harvard University and Columbia Law School. She married Andrew Schiff in 1997. They have three children.

Reached by CNN, Gore Schiff declined to comment on the story.

Filed under: Karenna Gore • Popular Posts
  1. Steve

Maybe it was her infantile holding on to her daddy's last name which caused her husband to get tired of her, since she didn't think that her husband was worth anything on his own she hung on to good old dad.These women just don't think.
    Steve

June 9, 2010 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  2. me in NH

so...what....they are normal people, just like the rest of us.

June 9, 2010 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  3. Bob in PA

And we care why ?

June 9, 2010 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  4. Jacqui

I am deeply saddened by all of these divorces and wish the parties well. I do believe that this is their business.
    However, I cannot help but think that people are trying to stay connected in their own strength. It is just impossible no matter how nice and intelligent each individual is. We all need the enabling power of God to help us. Will it be a cake-walk after that? No, but He has an ability to reconcile people to Himself and to each other. I highly recommend Him to all who really want to see marriages survive and their families, communities and by extension this country, healthy and strong.

June 9, 2010 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  5. No More Incumbents

Why is this newsworthy?

June 9, 2010 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  6. Layla

I am sorry, Karenna. Not easy being the daughter of algore.

June 9, 2010 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  7. CMG

My goodness, obviously something contagious has inflicted the Gore family.

June 9, 2010 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  8. kcbwell

Everyone is betting that Al Gore has someone else, etc. I would bet anything, in light of this article about the daughter, that it's TIPPER Gore, who doesn't have someone necessarily, but may have said to her daughter, "don't do what I did if it's not right match. 40 years is a long time". We don't know..but I really...really wonder.

June 9, 2010 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  9. Christine

Must be Bush's fault! No liberal takes personal responsibility these days!

June 9, 2010 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  10. g

How is this a political story?

June 9, 2010 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  11. BGJ

I am ultra conservative. To all my fellow conservatives. Please show some class. Do not use the break up of these two marriages as an excuse to take pot shots at the Gores, just because you don't like his politics.

June 9, 2010 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  12. chris

I am sorry to hear about any time a marriage fails. I hope they can work this out.

June 9, 2010 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  13. Max

I wish all the best to the entire Gore family

June 9, 2010 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  14. MJ

And why is this considered news ? It's not news, and it's not our business.

June 9, 2010 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  15. All the news that is fit to omit

Typical spoiled rotten child, they need to keep the "name" so they can get a "job" that requires no actual work to be done.

Al Gore, told you loser, you run around LYING about Mother nature and she will get revenge.

Karma you jerk, nothing but Karma.

June 9, 2010 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  16. Dominican mama 4 Obama

The flood gates have opened! What on earth is going on with the Gore clan? Do they live anywhere near South Carolina?! Good gravy!

June 9, 2010 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  17. Bruce

Must be that global warming.

June 9, 2010 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  18. Greg

Liberals have no moral order!

June 9, 2010 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  19. Alban

First Al and Tipper, now their daughter...This must be George W. Bush's fault. Just like the oil spill in the Gulf, the economy, record high unemployment, the housing collapse and everything else the Democrats while destroying America.

June 9, 2010 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  20. lilgtogirl

This is politics? I don't care what his daughters are doing, and what's more, I don't care who they aren't doing anymore.

June 9, 2010 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  21. Gores make my heart melt

Family Values.

June 9, 2010 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  22. TEA PARTY KILLER

So much for all these Christian values. At the end of the day, ALL you White Christians are a bunch of hypocrites. Tell everybody else how to live their lives and have the values of a wild ape.

June 9, 2010 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  23. teresa, kent, ohio

us common folks dont like to be hearing you Gores is seperating and deevorcin. it just dont look good.

now git your arses all back home and work out yer troubles. dontcha know we have a global warming crisis going on?

June 9, 2010 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  24. 1jimmyhoffa

This is what happens to a family when they mess with ROCK N ROLL!!!! Karma baby Karma!!!

June 9, 2010 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  25. Flipper

What the heck is going on in the Gore household?

June 9, 2010 11:28 am at 11:28 am |