June 9th, 2010

Gore daughter separates from husband

Karenna Gore Schiff, the oldest daughter of former Vice President Al Gore and Tipper Gore.

(CNN) - Karenna Gore Schiff, the oldest daughter of former Vice President Al Gore and Tipper Gore, has separated from her husband, Dr. Andrew Schiff, after 13 years of marriage, two sources close to the former vice president tell CNN.

This news comes just a week after the former vice president and Mrs. Gore announced their own separation after 40 years of marriage.

Gore Schiff is 36 years old, a graduate of Harvard University and Columbia Law School. She married Andrew Schiff in 1997. They have three children.

Reached by CNN, Gore Schiff declined to comment on the story.

Filed under: Karenna Gore • Popular Posts
  1. Carol

Forty years, and thirteen years, was seperation made easier in their marriages because of Mother and daughter's dissatisfaction with their husbands and their lives?

June 9, 2010 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  2. alumette

They are starting new beginnings. Never too late to make a change. Go girls!

June 9, 2010 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  3. Carrie

The same thing happened in my family, but I left my husband first and then my mother left my father right after that. The divorces were not connected in any way. Weird, though – my mother screamed and screamed at me for leaving my husband and then she went and did the same thing, but she left for her boyfriend. I left for my sanity. Our family was in turmoil for several years.

I wish all of them the best.

June 9, 2010 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  4. JoeAverage

Boy global COOLING is taking a toll.......

June 9, 2010 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  5. Jim

Why is this even in the ticker? Slow day?

June 9, 2010 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  6. ace

its sad so many couples are divorcing

June 9, 2010 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  7. EBC

WHY on God' earth is this even news? I mean, Karena has every right to her own decisions married or not. I don't understand why CNN is even reporting on this sillyness. Tipper and Al Gore seperated, so WHAT? They have their own reasons, it's THEIR marriage. WHY is any of this even relevant or deemed newsworthy?

I'm really getting SICK and TIRED of media outlets making MORE out of nothing politically and deeming it as "newsworthy". What ever happened to the IMPORTANT issues, like healthcare, JOBS, AIDS, the cure for cancer, World Peace, etc.?????

June 9, 2010 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  8. Alex

Too bad for the kids.

June 9, 2010 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  9. Oh Boy

Dad left mom last week. Daughter left hubby this week. There is a story here, a nasty one and unless some brave soul tells it...forgive the rumor mill tabloids in advance.

June 9, 2010 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  10. Wow

This explains it. The daughter's husband slept with Tipper Gore. That's why they are both seperating. Oh my God!

June 9, 2010 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  11. GDMS

It's George Bush's fault

June 9, 2010 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  12. Change

Maybe it's climate change thats having this effect on the gore's marriage status, you think?

June 9, 2010 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  13. Ross

Well daddy is free now...She can go after him and have some more of daddy's loven.....

June 9, 2010 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  14. Don of Iowa

Contagion running rampant in Gore women, be glad you are not with one of them, they are running amok!

June 9, 2010 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  15. dil

Another sad story of broken families and I am sure if someone really tried to mend it, it wasn't impossible. 1 can single out few vices, prominently 5, a combination of which is responsible for negativity.
    Lust, Anger, Greed, Attachment, Ego... Our Society needs to learn to control these and better manage these.

June 9, 2010 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  16. Blaum

Her dad's an idiot.....yes..... but leave her out of the spotlight... she's done nothing...

June 9, 2010 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  17. Dennis Sharkey

Why would she comment CCN? This isn't news!

June 9, 2010 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  18. nookly23

Monkey see, Monkey do

June 9, 2010 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  19. concerned

Why is this news on the front page of your website CNN? You are starting to become more of a tabloid. For Chris sakes put something that is actually going to affect the world.

June 9, 2010 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  20. larry

why is cnn reporting on this...they are not politicians or celebrities....shame on you cnn......why don't you report the news instead of prying into someones personal life.

June 9, 2010 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  21. gg

who cares

June 9, 2010 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  22. GenJustice

And why is this considered news? Karenna Gore Schiff has nothing to do with politics. This should not even be reported on.

I wish CNN would post news stories are relevant to the country and not be a social media bar fly.

June 9, 2010 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  23. Senator

What political revelance does this have?

June 9, 2010 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  24. Will

If you break your marriage vows for any reason other than abuse/malice on the part of your partner then that makes you a LIAR.

June 9, 2010 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  25. just a week after

this has to be a first, mother split, week later daughter split

June 9, 2010 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |