June 9th, 2010

Gibbs defends Obama's language

(CNN) – White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Wednesday there have been no second thoughts over President Obama's coarse language directed at oil giant BP earlier in the week.

"No, I have not heard any regrets about the language," Gibbs told reporters in his daily White House briefing.

Obama's eye-brow raising comments came in an interview with NBC earlier in the week when he said he was talking with several experts about the Gulf oil spill so "I know whose ass to kick."

"I was down there a month ago, before most of these talking heads were even paying attention to the Gulf. A month ago I was meeting with fishermen down there, standing in the rain talking about what a potential crisis this could be," said Obama in defense of his reaction to the crisis. "And I don't sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar; we talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose ass to kick."

Gibbs also said he was not aware the White House had recieved any complaints about the comments.

Filed under: President Obama • Robert Gibbs
  1. Hows that oil slick coming along Rush?

Those that complained ,need theirs kicked,like many of lunatic rightwingers on here need it.

June 9, 2010 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  2. c edgar

I just as soon the Presidenat speak with out using
    bad language.
    I think action always speak louder than words and this Admin.
    is short on action.
    The oil leak itself the President can not control, but the clean
    up is totally his and he is failing big time!
    He needs to stop talking, having parties ect.. and get to work!
    He is not a rock star. He is suppose to be a leader.

June 9, 2010 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  3. Biased

No second thoughts and he knows of no complaints – Gibbs lies better than my grandma's old rug. Media are now relegated to "talking heads", who will forget about the spill long before Obama does, he is in full charge of everything but didn't know whether the head of the MMS was fired or resigned, he won't talk to the BP CEO because he will only say the right words Obama wants to hear, and now he starts swearing because his handlers told him he needs to talk tough. Does this President ever act on things rather than react to things because he feels he has to, to improve his image? When was the last time he visited Tennessee to see their worst flooding in hundreds of years?

June 9, 2010 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  4. Eugene Anderson

I totally support the president's action and comment.

June 9, 2010 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  5. stef

President Obama do what you have to do. Kick a$$ and don't apologize. Forget about what the pundits and the media have to say, Be that angry black man, who cares what they think. If it was a white president, would they say he's a white angry president, hell no. You must be tired of the bull. dam if you do, dam if you don't. You are the best ever. We appreciate you and your hard efforts.

June 9, 2010 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  6. Tulsa

I'm with the Pres 100%.
    The unamerican a$$es who complain no matter what he does and offer no solutions can go soak in thier oil.

June 9, 2010 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  7. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but...

Obozo's Record Deficit + Higher Taxes June 9th, 2010 4:58 pm ET

"OBOZO,the arrogant one.
    I did this, I did that. Yeah, all talk. We know what you accomplished and what you did not.
    What have you accomplished other than
    **** RAISE TAXES
    **** RAISE THE DEBT
    Nothing."

Which taxes have been raised? Give me an example. Just one. You can't because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Typical ignorant T-bagger. Have a nice day!

June 9, 2010 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  8. jacko

tolduso–obama probably heard those words from his kids and thought it was cute–he plans to stay in office indefinitely–so is targeting that age group–with his ego-i am sure he has hopes of changing everything....

June 9, 2010 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  9. Hows that oil slick coming along Rush?

I think we should use TCM and his ilk to clean up the spill with their mouths.

June 9, 2010 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  10. Nospike

He needs to quit listening to spike. His remarks were childish and absurd. The 400 million to hamas in palestine is also absurd. Are we financing terrorists now?

June 9, 2010 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |