June 9th, 2010

Palin wants Obama to call her

Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.
Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin says its time for President Barack Obama to pick up the phone and make some calls – maybe even to her.

In her latest post on Facebook, the former Alaska governor takes aim at the president for not speaking directly with BP CEO Tony Hayward during the ongoing Gulf Coast crisis. Obama told NBC Tuesday that he has not spoken with Hayward because "when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's gonna say all the right things to me - I'm not interested in words, I'm interested in actions."

Palin wrote that Obama's comments amount to "further proof that it bodes well to have some sort of executive experience before occupying the Oval Office," and added that the president should call experts who lived through the 1989 Exxon-Valdez oil spill in Alaska – including herself.

"We've all lived and worked through the Exxon-Valdez spill," she wrote. "They can help you. Give them a call. Or, what the heck, give me a call."

"Based on my experience working with oil execs as an oil regulator and then as a Governor, you must verify what the oil companies claim – because their perception of circumstances and situations dealing with public resources and public trust is not necessarily shared by those who own America's public resources and trust," Palin added.

In the lengthy Facebook post, the former vice presidential nominee also revives battles of the 2008 presidential campaign while targeting Obama's lack of executive experience.

"My experience (though, granted, I got the message loud and clear during the campaign that my executive experience managing the fastest growing community in the state, and then running the largest state in the union, was nothing compared to the experiences of a community organizer) showed me how government officials and oil execs could scratch each others' backs to the detriment of the public, and it made me ill," she said.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. Anonymous

And during the Exxon-Valdez spill she became an expert on what? Saying duh, what do you mean? This is the fundamental problem with all of these types of challenges that this nation continually faces: Self efffacing idiots claiming to be experts in areas they have minimal ability to understand and yet feeling they need to be in control and actually thinking they have something constructive to offer. Someday we may find ourselves undone by our acceptance of such guidance.

June 8, 2010 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  2. likeAplan of Minneapolis

Why would a winner call a quitter?....Leave it to Sarah Palin to compare apples to oranges (ship leak to oil leaking from under water).....Palin why don't you offer your solutions, if you have any.....you have the forum to do so....like I figured...ALL TALK!

June 8, 2010 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  3. Sherry

Palin couldn't even finish out her full term obligation as Governor of Alaska, so she has some nerve giving any sort of advice to President Obama.

June 8, 2010 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  4. Fred

whaaaaa? Why would the president of the United States want to call a failed half term governor ?

How ridiculous can this woman get?

June 8, 2010 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  5. kmac

Obama should call me, I have all the answers he needs...

June 8, 2010 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  6. Richard Miller in Montana

Give me her phone number and I will call her. I don't think she would like to hear what I can say in a very few words. The President is just a tad bit busy with Drill, Baby, Pollute to have a little nonsensical chat.

June 8, 2010 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  7. Liz

Yeah, I'd like Obama to call me too. Why is this news?

June 8, 2010 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  8. Chirag

Palin isn't bright.

June 8, 2010 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  9. amir rahim

sarah palin you have no experiance of any thing you are the female version of joe the plumer you are uneducated uninform and money graber and only people support you are the stupid red nick like you go away stupid idiot woman

June 8, 2010 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  10. robbie h

Seriously? He hasn't talked to Hayward yet? Wow.

June 8, 2010 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  11. wml

Why don't we send the "experienced" Sarah Palin down to fix that leak? She could just wrap that big mouth of hers around the pipe, and all the oil could flow into her head-there seems to be PLENTY of empty space in there.

June 8, 2010 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  12. Cathy

Sarah Palin will say and do anything to get her name in the media.. She is a joke..

June 8, 2010 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  13. danishdude

Sarah Palin is an opportunistic political animal and a moron...
    Call her about the Exxon-Valdez oil spill? As if she is some kind of expert because she happened to live in Alaska when it happened? Just like she's some kind of foreign policy expert because she can see Russia from her back door? Give me a break...
    As one who has worked to clean up an oil spill, I am disgusted by her so-called 'authority'...

June 8, 2010 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  14. person_from_omaha

Why does everything have to be done by the phone? Why not email? Why not text messages? Why not twitter? Geesh Sarah, get over yourself. You aren't important in these decisions.

There is nothing the CEO of a company can do to tell the president what he doesn't already know. Why waste both people's times with a pointless phone call? Oh wait, I forgot your Sarah Palin from Alaska!

June 8, 2010 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  15. Wha?

Uh...he was a US Senator from Illinois...she was governor of one of the nation's least populated states, one not even attached to America proper...oh, and she quit that job because it didn't pay enough. And Exxon-Valdez? was she like 21 years old when that happened. Why are we still hearing about her?

June 8, 2010 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  16. nola

What can she tell him that a group of engineers and oil people cannot tell him.

CNN would you please STOP printing anything this person says.
    Enough is Enough

June 8, 2010 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  17. Eber

Yes, The President should call that lady indeed. and the first thing she is going to say is " Drill Baby, Dril!.

June 8, 2010 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  18. richiedc30

Here we go again with Palins worthless comments, do us a favor and go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 8, 2010 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  19. Rick

I will call Sarah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> but it won't be nice.

June 8, 2010 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  20. Zach

Obama would be better suited giving my 4 year old cousin a call for advice before resorting to correspondence with Sarah Palin.

June 8, 2010 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  21. Dustin

Sarah Palin is nothing but a QUITTER!!! She needs to decide whether or not she's going to run for something, rather than just criticize everyone. This is not helpful at all. If she lived through the Exxon-Valdez spill, and if she knows so much, she should be volunteering to help clean up beaches instead of asking the president to call a quitter on the phone.

June 8, 2010 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  22. Murphy...

Call her because she lived and worked through the Exxon spill...How old was she then?? and what work was she doing?

June 8, 2010 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  23. Jim

Palin is lecturing the President on executive experience? How would she know? By being a 1/2 term governor with no education? Why does CNN give this nobody any coverage? She just sits behind her Facebook account taking swipes at people but she won't let any reporters cover her up close. Shame on CNN for passing along her nonsense free of charge...

June 8, 2010 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  24. Sandra

She needs to get real !! she thinks she is a queen but became a leader of ignorant followers.. she can spend her time reading.. getting more educated !

June 8, 2010 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  25. phil

Palin, and every other american, wants the president to call them. I would be honored if he called me, also!

June 8, 2010 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |