June 9th, 2010

Palin wants Obama to call her

Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.
Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin says its time for President Barack Obama to pick up the phone and make some calls – maybe even to her.

In her latest post on Facebook, the former Alaska governor takes aim at the president for not speaking directly with BP CEO Tony Hayward during the ongoing Gulf Coast crisis. Obama told NBC Tuesday that he has not spoken with Hayward because "when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's gonna say all the right things to me - I'm not interested in words, I'm interested in actions."

Palin wrote that Obama's comments amount to "further proof that it bodes well to have some sort of executive experience before occupying the Oval Office," and added that the president should call experts who lived through the 1989 Exxon-Valdez oil spill in Alaska – including herself.

"We've all lived and worked through the Exxon-Valdez spill," she wrote. "They can help you. Give them a call. Or, what the heck, give me a call."

"Based on my experience working with oil execs as an oil regulator and then as a Governor, you must verify what the oil companies claim – because their perception of circumstances and situations dealing with public resources and public trust is not necessarily shared by those who own America's public resources and trust," Palin added.

In the lengthy Facebook post, the former vice presidential nominee also revives battles of the 2008 presidential campaign while targeting Obama's lack of executive experience.

"My experience (though, granted, I got the message loud and clear during the campaign that my executive experience managing the fastest growing community in the state, and then running the largest state in the union, was nothing compared to the experiences of a community organizer) showed me how government officials and oil execs could scratch each others' backs to the detriment of the public, and it made me ill," she said.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. anagram_kid

I wonder what is larger, Palin's ego or her ignorance?

June 8, 2010 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  2. Ken in NC

THis woman wants the President to call her and she is making statements like this.

This statement shows me that she is still fuming over their election loss. This woman talks about all of her experience when infact the only thing she is exoerienced at is quitting. She quit as an Oil Regulator and as Governor and she claims she can help him.

THIS WOMAN IS AN IDIOT.

June 8, 2010 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  3. Robert

Barack Obama gained more executive experience in one month as President of the United States than Sarah Palin has had in her lifetime.

She needs to stop pretending she is in his league and in a position to give him advise.

She will never be in his league. She will never be president. I doubt she could even win a Congressional seat to Congress in Alaska itself..

June 8, 2010 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  4. Gpenn

Palin just shut the heck up. Palin doesn't get to say a word about the oil spill. She gave up that right with drill baby drill. Can we please have a week go by without hearing her ramblings. Please.

June 8, 2010 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  5. Anonymous

omg. Obama should call her ... oh wait didn't she quit?

June 8, 2010 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  6. Liberal4Obama

The "Drill Baby Drill" lady is the biggest joke in America

June 8, 2010 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  7. Dave W

ROFL!!!
    Okay.... its a good thing I didn't take a drink of anything while reading this one, I would have sprayed it through my nose!

I wonder exactly what Palin wants Obama to call her... I've got a list of a few words I could offer him... if he called me first, of course. ;)

June 8, 2010 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  8. L from NJ

Didn't she quit her job as XO???? Well, she's perfect for advice then huh.

June 8, 2010 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  9. Ken in NC

This woman was about 24 years old in 1989 and I doubt she had become or was becoming an oil spill expert at that age. As far as President Obama speaking with Tony Hayward, I would think it to be a bit improper for the President to speak with Hayward on a matter concerning this Oil spill when his DOJ is investigating BP Oil for possible criminal charges or neglect in the matter of this oil spill. This Ex-Governor does not have a lick of common sense. Maybe that is why she is an IDIOT.

June 8, 2010 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  10. anagram_kid

I don’t think she did get the message. I would think with her track record she would be better adept at how to handle failure and rejection.

As for Alaska being the largest state – it has one of the smallest populations and receives the most gov’t assistance. Also, 60% of the state’s land is managed by the federal government. I would think the former governor of the state would know these facts.

June 8, 2010 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  11. I Can See Oklahoma From My Backyard

What amount of expertise would this woman add to this situation? She was a freaking fisherwoman when the Valdez spill occurred and likely thought she had suddenly entered into the Willy Wonka Sea. Give me a break, bimbo!

June 8, 2010 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  12. Charlie

If Palin wants Obama to call her, I can give him some names to call her, but He would have to much class to do so. So what is your number and I will.

June 8, 2010 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  13. Clint, Wa.

What does she want him to call her?

June 8, 2010 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  14. Ndubueze Chuku

This woman is an idiot. Seriously.

June 8, 2010 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  15. Fed Up!

Palin has gone from being a joke to being a bad joke.

June 8, 2010 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  16. Shannon

the arrogance of this idiotic woman is amazing. Why does someoone who isn't important enough to be on Dancing With the Stars, think she can advice the President.

June 8, 2010 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  17. Enoughalready

Sarah Palin = executive experience? What a joke! Her experience running a state that she walked away from with a population less than that of Los Angeles? What a hack! She wants Obama to call her? Another joke. She is trying to set him up, but he isn't as stupid as she is. Let her want in one hand and poop in the other and see which one gets full the quickest. Of course, she will have to write her crib notes in the empty hand.

June 8, 2010 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  18. kirit joshi

she is an idiot!!!

June 8, 2010 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  19. Joyce

Yeah, President Obama. Give Palin a call because she can see the oil spill from her porch and tell you all about it.

June 8, 2010 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  20. Mike

It would also help if an elected official would complete their term in office, prior to moving on in the name of a buck. Sarah Palin is as fickle as they come.

June 8, 2010 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  21. Andy

I want Obama to call me too, but it doesn't work that way stupid lady.

June 8, 2010 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  22. LouAz

Wasn't she still doing Beauty Pagents when the Valdez oil spill happened ? I'm thinking even today she knows nothing about off shore drilling but just likes to shoot her mouth off about anything and everything. What a gal !

June 8, 2010 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  23. gino

Call you? Call you what? RoboBarby? Please. please, go away.

June 8, 2010 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  24. whuu?

I agree with this statement that Obama should be on the phone with BP CEO and have summoned him to the White House. That is clearly an administrative protocol if nothing else, BP is responsibe for ruining our gulf. However, this person needs to shut her mouth because had she been in power, there would be more disasters lined up like this one, I recall the rant "drill baby drill" is one of her mantras, which opens up the likelihood of many more similar events should we continue destroying our human habitat.

June 8, 2010 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  25. Anonymous

Is this woman delusional. I think you were still trying to graduate from college in 1989. What makes you an expert?

June 8, 2010 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |