June 9th, 2010

Palin wants Obama to call her

Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.
Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin says its time for President Barack Obama to pick up the phone and make some calls – maybe even to her.

In her latest post on Facebook, the former Alaska governor takes aim at the president for not speaking directly with BP CEO Tony Hayward during the ongoing Gulf Coast crisis. Obama told NBC Tuesday that he has not spoken with Hayward because "when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's gonna say all the right things to me - I'm not interested in words, I'm interested in actions."

Palin wrote that Obama's comments amount to "further proof that it bodes well to have some sort of executive experience before occupying the Oval Office," and added that the president should call experts who lived through the 1989 Exxon-Valdez oil spill in Alaska – including herself.

"We've all lived and worked through the Exxon-Valdez spill," she wrote. "They can help you. Give them a call. Or, what the heck, give me a call."

"Based on my experience working with oil execs as an oil regulator and then as a Governor, you must verify what the oil companies claim – because their perception of circumstances and situations dealing with public resources and public trust is not necessarily shared by those who own America's public resources and trust," Palin added.

In the lengthy Facebook post, the former vice presidential nominee also revives battles of the 2008 presidential campaign while targeting Obama's lack of executive experience.

"My experience (though, granted, I got the message loud and clear during the campaign that my executive experience managing the fastest growing community in the state, and then running the largest state in the union, was nothing compared to the experiences of a community organizer) showed me how government officials and oil execs could scratch each others' backs to the detriment of the public, and it made me ill," she said.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. Arlene

Why would Obama (or any president, for that matter) dignify this woman with a response? This is the same person that quit her post as governor of the state of Alaska, then went on to insult and denigrate our President in every possible way.

No one needs to confirm her delusions of grandeur by contacting her on any official matter. Palin is nothing but a fraud and if she really loves her country, she'll quietly fade away.

June 8, 2010 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  2. Jimbolayo

You don't talk to someone you will indict in the near future. You don't call a dunce without a clue that preys on people's prejudice.

June 8, 2010 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  3. Anonymous

THis lady give me a headace everytime i hear her name PLEASE STOP CALL U FOR WHAT

June 8, 2010 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  4. Anonymous

Aren't you guys getting tired of broadcasting Sarah Palin's facebook page yet? Jesus. What you people are calling journalism is mind numbing. Honestly at this point I'd rather watch read FOXNEWS and huffingtonpost and try to gleam the reality out of it for myself, for what good CNN does anymore.

Balanced does not mean accurate, it just means you're FOXNEWS AND HUFFINGTONPOST.

June 8, 2010 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  5. Anonymous

It is time time for you to go back to school to educate yourself if you want to be heard. Who gave the title of expert? Your idiot Todd Palin. Give me a break!
    Our president doesn't have time to call someone who doesn't know that Africa is a continent to ask for advise.

June 8, 2010 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  6. Frank in valparaiso indiana

The president of the United States doesn't have time to do any pageant walking.

June 8, 2010 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  7. Rob

from how i heard it, the way the Exxon-Valdez incident was cleaned up made the whole mess worse. pressure spraying the oil down into the area for example. I also thought the area was still nothing like what it had been before. I think the experts related to that incident would be the last people to call. Why would the "Pres" give Palin a call. Someone known for doing what oil companies want even if the people "native" to the area are against it.

June 8, 2010 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  8. Francisco Cardenas

call her what?

June 8, 2010 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  9. GI Joe

Expert? 20 years later and it isn't fully finished yet.

Spill Baby Spill. Deregulate baby deregulate.

June 8, 2010 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  10. once upon a horse

if Sarah Palin thinks she has the answers to this particular problem, why doesn't SHE call the president and not the other way around? I personally don't think that with all the negative things she has said about Obama not to his face but to the crowds of her adoring fans, that she would have the nerve to actually pick up the phone and call him. I'm sure he would accept the call if not the "advice". Or maybe she'd get even luckier and Michelle would answer the phone!

June 8, 2010 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  11. Laura Leigh Smith

What an idiot.

June 8, 2010 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  12. anagram_kid

Just a reminder, that Oil Regulator job she mentions... she quit that one too.

June 8, 2010 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  13. Coachslife

As Keith Obermann has stated a number of times...This woman is an idiot!

June 8, 2010 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  14. Disgusted Iowan

Afraid you are becoming irrelevant there Palin, huh? It's what happens when you are an intellectual midget. Nobody listens to you when you have nothing constructive to say!

June 8, 2010 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  15. FarFromWasilla

Sarah Palin: "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Please, dear God, look at me!!!! I'm still here!"

June 8, 2010 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  16. Jenny

Someone needs to tell Sarah Palin that she and McCain LOST the election. Does anyone else out there see that she can't quite come to grips with that? Barack Obama has been President now for over a year, which in itself makes him more experienced and qualified than she ever will be (in spite of what her Twitter ghost writer hopes to achieve.)

June 8, 2010 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  17. AG

Who let this five-college ignorant fool out in public?

June 8, 2010 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  18. Republicans is smart in the head area

She is absolutely pathological.

June 8, 2010 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  19. cwalk

you are a quitter.so please shut up.

June 8, 2010 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  20. Dan in Austin

First she can see Russia from her house; now she's an expert and survivor of the Exxon-Valdez spill. She was the mayor of a podunk town and a failed governor... what is it she thinks she knows about being an "executive?"

June 8, 2010 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  21. Rob

Uh, wasn't she a television sportscaster in 1989. How does that make her an "expert" that lived through the Exxon Valdez spill?

June 8, 2010 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  22. David

No you power hungry harpy, no Obama should not call you so you can have more leverage in your base to grow and feed on.

Sarah Palin I wish you would go back to Alaska and leave the rest of the country alone, you and Bachmann are a threat to democracy.

June 8, 2010 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  23. lib

Can't anyone tell me that this woman is not in love with President Obama!!! A woman scorned. She is continuously hot on his trail more than McCain and he was the one who lost the presidential race.

June 8, 2010 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  24. borisjimbo

Why in the world would Obama want to waste his time talking to a loose cannon like Palin?

June 8, 2010 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  25. Clayton Smalley

This lady doesn't know when to quit.. oh wait.. yes she does.

June 8, 2010 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |