June 9th, 2010

Palin wants Obama to call her

Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.
Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin says its time for President Barack Obama to pick up the phone and make some calls – maybe even to her.

In her latest post on Facebook, the former Alaska governor takes aim at the president for not speaking directly with BP CEO Tony Hayward during the ongoing Gulf Coast crisis. Obama told NBC Tuesday that he has not spoken with Hayward because "when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's gonna say all the right things to me - I'm not interested in words, I'm interested in actions."

Palin wrote that Obama's comments amount to "further proof that it bodes well to have some sort of executive experience before occupying the Oval Office," and added that the president should call experts who lived through the 1989 Exxon-Valdez oil spill in Alaska – including herself.

"We've all lived and worked through the Exxon-Valdez spill," she wrote. "They can help you. Give them a call. Or, what the heck, give me a call."

"Based on my experience working with oil execs as an oil regulator and then as a Governor, you must verify what the oil companies claim – because their perception of circumstances and situations dealing with public resources and public trust is not necessarily shared by those who own America's public resources and trust," Palin added.

In the lengthy Facebook post, the former vice presidential nominee also revives battles of the 2008 presidential campaign while targeting Obama's lack of executive experience.

"My experience (though, granted, I got the message loud and clear during the campaign that my executive experience managing the fastest growing community in the state, and then running the largest state in the union, was nothing compared to the experiences of a community organizer) showed me how government officials and oil execs could scratch each others' backs to the detriment of the public, and it made me ill," she said.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. Jon

Obama's got a lot of gall. He doesn't want to talk to the BP CEO because "he's gonna say all the right things to me – I'm not interested in words, I'm interested in actions."

Sounds an awfully lot like what Obama did to the American voters in 2008.

June 8, 2010 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  2. Bobby

Palin makes me laugh. Who would call her for advice?

June 8, 2010 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  3. Laguna

"I got the message loud and clear during the campaign that my executive experience managing the fastest growing community in the state, and then running the largest state in the union, was nothing compared to the experiences of a community organizer"

If this is the message Palin took away from the failed McCain campaign, she is clearly delusional to the point of mental illness. Also, the language she uses clearly shows that someone else wrote her statement, as she does not have sufficient command of English to put words together that well.

June 8, 2010 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  4. Rob

Me thinks the lady has delusions of grandeur.

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  5. Lisa

Ms. Palin, the only problem is you still have no more knowledge than you did in 2008.

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  6. wow

Sarah thanks ..but no thanks! even if you were the last person on this planet I don't Pers. Obama will need or take any advise from you..So you can seat by the phone aas long as you like to wait for that phone call..

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  7. Arturo

Palin, arent you giving yourself way to much credit. Why are people following palin, didnt we already have 8 years of bush. Lets make America look better!

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  8. Eric

Didn't she quit in the middle of her governorship? This would seem to taint any "executive" opinion she may have.

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  9. Tom

It is very easy to criticize these days. If Palin was President I wonder what Obama would say on his blog.

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  10. Angelique

This is another of those I live next door to Russia type claims. Yeah I'm an expert because I live in Alaska and we had an oil spill before!

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  11. Manhattan

Why? What experience does she have, other than because she can see Prince William Sound from her house?

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  12. Larry

Palin is a disgrace to this country.

June 8, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  13. Helena

No thank you Sarah Palin, President Obama does not need your kind of help.

June 8, 2010 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  14. MLM

I don't get it. Why does anybody take this woman as having real understanding. She criticizes the president because he isn't talking to BP, (which he is not doing because he knows they will lie to him), but then she says you can't trust the oil companies because they'll lie to you. She claims her experience during the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill makes her an expert. I'm sorry, in 1989, she was only 25 and she was only two years out of school with a degree in communications. She was not even on the city council yet. Does being a resident of Alaska make her an expert? The president, on the other hand, has the advice of Secretary of Energy Steven Chu, a real expert. Again, why does anyone listen to her?

June 8, 2010 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  15. Realist

What would you tell him Sarah? Drill Baby Drill?

June 8, 2010 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  16. keeth in california

She's seeking validation. Cute dig, in a petty and trashy "look at me!" sort of way.

June 8, 2010 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  17. Brendan

Who the heck is Sarah to be giving directives to the President? She is not even relevant except to keep herself in the news so she can line her pockets with whatever dribble and word soup that comes out of her mouth, also.

June 8, 2010 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  18. Joanne

Yes, he should call a quiter like Sarah for advice. Every time I read one of her stupid comments I get so furious. If I was the President she is the last person I would call for anything......

June 8, 2010 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  19. marcus (seattle)

yeah, and i want sarah palin to call me, so i can tell her to actually read a newspaper before she considers running for vice president.. obama would be a fool to call anyone as far down the food chain as palin... heck, she couldn't even remember that alaska v. exxon was a supreme court case..

June 8, 2010 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  20. valjon

Why would the President call the quitter? Not on bet the President would call the Bimbo..Hey,quitter the President is not thinking about you Bimbo spice.. Your nothing but a moron. The president is so far intellectual far superior than you,,he doesn't have time for your non-sense.

June 8, 2010 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  21. Matthew

Why would the president call Palin? Palin is one of the dumbest people in the USA! Remember Palin screaming Drill Baby Drill? She is the LAST person we should call.

June 8, 2010 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  22. Nicole from Ohio

The arrogance of this idiotic, white trash filth is beyond comparison. And still, she has so many followers. PATHETIC.

June 8, 2010 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  23. jacob

He should call her....call her stupid....

June 8, 2010 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  24. lagunalad

Palin & her opinion are irrelevant.

June 8, 2010 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  25. Elia

If Obama called you what would you say? Drill baby drill! Go away Palin you are a bad joke.

June 8, 2010 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |