June 9th, 2010

Palin wants Obama to call her

Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.
Palin says Obama should consider calling her for advice.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin says its time for President Barack Obama to pick up the phone and make some calls – maybe even to her.

In her latest post on Facebook, the former Alaska governor takes aim at the president for not speaking directly with BP CEO Tony Hayward during the ongoing Gulf Coast crisis. Obama told NBC Tuesday that he has not spoken with Hayward because "when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's gonna say all the right things to me - I'm not interested in words, I'm interested in actions."

Palin wrote that Obama's comments amount to "further proof that it bodes well to have some sort of executive experience before occupying the Oval Office," and added that the president should call experts who lived through the 1989 Exxon-Valdez oil spill in Alaska – including herself.

"We've all lived and worked through the Exxon-Valdez spill," she wrote. "They can help you. Give them a call. Or, what the heck, give me a call."

"Based on my experience working with oil execs as an oil regulator and then as a Governor, you must verify what the oil companies claim – because their perception of circumstances and situations dealing with public resources and public trust is not necessarily shared by those who own America's public resources and trust," Palin added.

In the lengthy Facebook post, the former vice presidential nominee also revives battles of the 2008 presidential campaign while targeting Obama's lack of executive experience.

"My experience (though, granted, I got the message loud and clear during the campaign that my executive experience managing the fastest growing community in the state, and then running the largest state in the union, was nothing compared to the experiences of a community organizer) showed me how government officials and oil execs could scratch each others' backs to the detriment of the public, and it made me ill," she said.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. kmjay

Sarah stop it with all your talking points, what advice can you really give any on this matter. The latest news on the Exxon – Alaska crisis is still not completely solved or cleaned, there is still some after effects from that spill, so really Sarah just stop. This is totally different from the Exxon land spill crisis we are talking about.

June 8, 2010 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  2. osi420

why would obama waste his time talking to someone with the intelligence of a muel

June 8, 2010 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  3. michael

what an idiot. i have no other words

June 8, 2010 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  4. Avram Baskin

I'd like the President to call me, too, but I know he's to busy dealing with the crisis. Is it arrogance or narcism that makes Sarah Palin, who is just another citizen of this great country, think that she's special and deserves a call from the President?

Personally, I stand with President Obama and agree with the reason he provided for why he hasn't spoken directly with the CEO of BP.

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  5. Mary

Palin, you sound more and more like Liz Cheney – "all about Palin". Why not take a break and get to know your kids.....it's been awhile since they had a mother.

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  6. Squigman

Why call her? With her overextended sense of self worth, she'll call him. Never in our nations past, have there been more people lacking in credentials, yet qualified to run the nation.

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  7. anna

that's right self-serving Sarah, use this environmental 9-11 we are dealing with to further your own political career. You are so predictably dumb. How 'bout that "drill baby drill" now?

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  8. Ryan

The President doesn't need to consult somebody who thought she had national experience because her state was close to Russia. Obama and Palin now have similar executive experience, except Obama hasn't quit on the people yet.

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  9. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Her experiences were to allow the oil companies to do more with less regulation, wasn't it? I can't imagine that BP would do more if Obama said anything directly to the CEO or not. They have a terrible record related to safety and preventive maintenance. I guess that it isn't any surprise that this happened.

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  10. Ann in Ohio

It's the Drill, Baby Drill Queen!! Exactly what pearls of wisdom would you have to tell our President? You are a Joke, Baby, Joke!!!

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  11. GAK

These words of wisdom coming from someone who bailed out when the going got just a little tough!! What a joke she is!! Like she would be doing any better,get real Tea Party ,why do you listen to her?? Every time you see her you can see the "lights on but noone's home look"..

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  12. SD

I would rather he call a leprechaun than Palin! At least the conversation would be more meaningful than calling Palin aka goof!

June 8, 2010 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  13. Abbey Schmidt

Really?? The experience Palin received as a quitter because she could no longer handle the heat? Perhaps what really made her "ill" are those backdoor trips to Canada for the healthcare plan that she was vehemently against in our own country. Honestly, she would be the LAST person I would call for advice!

June 8, 2010 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  14. The watcher

Ahahahahahahahahaha It is the most dumbest thing I have ever heard since her last stupidity. Keep going Sahara, keep entertain us. I cannot stop laughing!!!!

June 8, 2010 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  15. Carole

Go sit down somewhere Sarah,,,or continue raking in that money! but for serious business, PLEASE!!! Your experience includes QUITTING your governorship mid-term. You are NOT validated!

June 8, 2010 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  16. gr

This is not Sara Palin day CNN. We are tried of hearing her name. Who care what she have to say. Sara Pallin you lost.

June 8, 2010 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  17. Whatever

What does she want to be called........ chicken head, loser, pathetic, quitter?

Why does this person insist on staying on the scene, she needs to be home with her kids........

June 8, 2010 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  18. g

Yeah she had so much executive experience that she decided to quit her job as governor. With advice like "Drill, baby, drill" I can't believe Obama hasn't called her yet!!!

June 8, 2010 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  19. Maria Magdalena

Before the result of the last presidential came out, Palin said that whatever the result we would see would be God's will. I am so glad that God has made the correct choice this time in accordance with His will! Phew!

June 8, 2010 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  20. mark

if you're so ill–maybe you'll stay in bed and stop making innane non-statements.

June 8, 2010 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  21. Bassman

Gov. Palin is only doing to Pres. Obama what our media did to Pres. Bush. Ask the tough questions. She is standing alone in taking on the Obama White House, and being attacked for doing so. One thing we can count on. Watch as the media come to Pres. Obama's defense, and attack Gov. Palin. Happens every time she posts on her Facebook.

June 8, 2010 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  22. Tam

In addition to everything else, she's delusional about her self-importance. Has someone done a psychological profile? She may be a study case of megalomania and narcissism and whatever other stuff there is that I don't know about.

June 8, 2010 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  23. Ty

I am a Republican but Sarah Palin just turns me off. What is this?

June 8, 2010 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  24. mreo

Sarah Palin is an idiot. I'm glad she lost the election. Drill Baby, Drill; Drill Baby, Drill! Moron!

June 8, 2010 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  25. Oda155

HAAAAA! This chic is CRAZY! Really, she is.

June 8, 2010 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |