June 11th, 2010

With $9.99 stress-relief toy buyers can 'crush' Obama

With $9.99 stress-relief toy buyers can 'crush' Obama.
With $9.99 stress-relief toy buyers can 'crush' Obama.

Washington (CNN) - For about $10 you can give President Obama the squeeze – or crush his head, if you're especially stressed.

Not the real president, but his likeness found in a new mushy toy being called the "Obama Stress Head."

The item is being sold by the conservative magazine, The Weekly Standard for $9.99.

"Getting squeezed by Obama's policies? Squeeze back!" a headline blares on a website selling the toy.

The sales pitch also boasts, "Go ahead. Give the Commander in Chief a big squeeze. With our soft, mushy Obama Stress Head, you can crush those half-baked liberal ideas before they do any more damage."

Meanwhile, the sales ad also touts what some may see as offensive.

"Pin his ears back, turn that smile upside down. Come on…you know you want to," the website states.

The site also promises upcoming, similar crushable toys in the likeness of "more of your favorite liberals – Pelosi, Biden and more."

The Democratic National Committee has responded to the sales pitch.

In a statement to CNN, Press Secretary Hari Sevugan said, "Given the civil war between factions of the right that has left the Republican party bloodied, bitterly divided and drained of resources heading into election season, and also given the waning of influence of establishment institutions like the Weekly Standard to shape the future of the right, we understand that they have a lot to be stressed about over there."

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Steve

Come on... Well of course they can't make a Palin doll. The head would be so full of air it would float away and that would disappoint all the righties that want to sleep with it...

June 11, 2010 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  2. Geforce

I just want to know why there's no much hatred against Obama. I don't agree his policies helped your financial system, but wasn't the Bush presidency just as bad or arguably worse? I never saw such blunt hatred for Bush the way it is expressed for Obama. Americans, are you sure racism is not a factor? Perhaps I don't know your country since I live in Iran, but it almost seems like racism is a factor.

June 11, 2010 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  3. KM

I feel sorry for the middle of the road republicans because the far right HAS stolen their party. And who was the person that said that the Dems will lose badly this fall? With ideas like these floating around, we don't have a thing to worry about.

GO TEA PARTY EXPRESS!!!!!!!!
    (sarcasm off)

June 11, 2010 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  4. Charlie in Maine

Hey right wingers: I feel your pain. I had to live with George W as President for 8 long horrible years. I saw my buying power slip away, I saw my environment get spoiled,I saw the country I love torturing people and going to war against a counrty who had done nothing to us. I get it you feel left out and you don't feel like the president sees your point of view.

Now imagine that this Obama guy you hate had not even really been elected by the voters but that John McCain had won and the Supreme Court turned around and gave it to him..........then you would have some idea of what we went through and why we so don't give a flying crap about your stress.

June 11, 2010 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  5. Caroline Tropio

They should have given a full-figure toy for those who might be wanting to find an ass to kick.

June 11, 2010 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  6. toughlove

Liberal4obama calling this toy racist is another example of why ultralibs are seen as mindless and hateful by clear-thinking conservatives.

June 11, 2010 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  7. pt

Obama minions did not scream racism?! Stop eating those racist black jelly beans. The product will sell if there is a demand for it. Similar stress release products were produced with a stresser's image. These were produced in different forms for different presidents. Get a life.

June 11, 2010 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |