June 11th, 2010

With $9.99 stress-relief toy buyers can 'crush' Obama

With $9.99 stress-relief toy buyers can 'crush' Obama.
With $9.99 stress-relief toy buyers can 'crush' Obama.

Washington (CNN) - For about $10 you can give President Obama the squeeze – or crush his head, if you're especially stressed.

Not the real president, but his likeness found in a new mushy toy being called the "Obama Stress Head."

The item is being sold by the conservative magazine, The Weekly Standard for $9.99.

"Getting squeezed by Obama's policies? Squeeze back!" a headline blares on a website selling the toy.

The sales pitch also boasts, "Go ahead. Give the Commander in Chief a big squeeze. With our soft, mushy Obama Stress Head, you can crush those half-baked liberal ideas before they do any more damage."

Meanwhile, the sales ad also touts what some may see as offensive.

"Pin his ears back, turn that smile upside down. Come on…you know you want to," the website states.

The site also promises upcoming, similar crushable toys in the likeness of "more of your favorite liberals – Pelosi, Biden and more."

The Democratic National Committee has responded to the sales pitch.

In a statement to CNN, Press Secretary Hari Sevugan said, "Given the civil war between factions of the right that has left the Republican party bloodied, bitterly divided and drained of resources heading into election season, and also given the waning of influence of establishment institutions like the Weekly Standard to shape the future of the right, we understand that they have a lot to be stressed about over there."

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Tilly

This continues to show the stupidity, low lifes of the GOP....... oh well when you don't have any ideas or solutions of your own to contribute to solve the problems of this country.......what else is left but to try to degrade the President ......if this is the best you Republicans can come up with then you should go into The Toy Making Business and leave the running of this country and our government to the Democrats........I think all of the Republicans wear robes and hoods

June 11, 2010 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  2. shooter

Obama lacks executive experience, he has no solutions to the problems but pushing congress to do the job for him. The oil leak had been around for sometimes and Obama has no fix for it. He left the illegal aliens immigration problems to 2 senators to take care and wants to give amnesty to all illegal aliens. Recall and kick this guy out of office now.

June 11, 2010 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  3. Ace

You know, just cause somebody makes fun of our president doesn't mean they are racist.

I don't like Obama, so I'm racist?

June 11, 2010 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  4. Dean in PA

I'm ashamed to say that I live in the same country where it's ok to produce and sell this kind of crap. I don't care what anyone says... the Obama–bashing is based in racism. Deny it all you want, Republicans and Conservatives... and I will call you a liar to your face. Boehner, Palin, Limbaugh, Beck, and others, you are disgusting hypocrites.

June 11, 2010 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  5. Disgusted Iowan

"Tony 140"....bet you say them same when lynching...
    Lighten up, it's a joke ;}!

June 11, 2010 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  6. Mark Ferbet, KCMO

Does everyone remember the Saddam Targets at the local shooting range? I am betting some company would make a lot of money if they put out a GOP or Dem version of those with all the Incumbents everyone loves to hate on them....

Of course, the Secret Service and FBI would be overwhelmed with the calls on it....

June 11, 2010 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  7. Howard

This is the same sort of sleazy, hyper-partisan behavior that is becoming the "standard" for Republican politcos. It smacks of the same level of disrespect that was typified by the walk-off mats at the 2000 Republican national convention, showing pictures of Bill and Hillary Clinton. For supposedly upper crust members of our society, Republicans seem able to demonstrate a terrible lack of "class."

June 11, 2010 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  8. Jerry in NC

Why don't you conservatives really get relief! Buy one and shove it up your tight azz!!!!!!!!!

June 11, 2010 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  9. Jerry - Florida

Well, maybe now Mr. NObama will know the pain that a lot of Americans are feeling because of his misguided policies.

Will this influence his idiotic policies? DON"T HOLD YOUR BREATH!

June 11, 2010 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  10. Gotta Luv It

Excellent! Obama can give one to Malia, to take our her frustration and disappointment...

Monday: "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?...No?" ...SQUISH!!!
    Tuesday: "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?...No?" ...SQUISH!!!
    Wednesday: "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?...No?" ...SQUISH!!!

June 11, 2010 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  11. GI Joe

Where's Cheney and his friend getting his face blasted? Maybe an oil well that gushes pelicans would be funny to them.

Spill baby spill.

June 11, 2010 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  12. Tallman in CT

Cute Doll .... I love listening to both sides of this ... they both think their side cares about them and both sides are wrong! Until we can get BIG money and special interest out of elections ... there will never be an elected official looking out for the average Joe. Since the elected officials who benefit from big money are the only ones in a position to change that, I am not holding my breath for a change anytime soon. Face it people, only way to have a real say in this country is to have money ... so quit whining or hoping your Leftie or Rightie candidate will make your life better ... they won't, its up to you. (In the spirit of full disclosure, I generally count myself with the Conservatives)

June 11, 2010 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  13. Slick William

I would like to order 20 million to deploy in the Gulf to soak up some oil!

June 11, 2010 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  14. hwy9

Is there a Bill Kristol doll with a big phony smile, an empty head, and a whiny voice that says, "I love Sarah Palin!" over and over and over again? Because I would like one of those, please, and I want to tape it to the floor of my garage so I can drive over it every single day...

June 11, 2010 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  15. kimberly

Jason doesnt seem to be whining, he is stating a FACT, like how BUSH and this war bankrupted us, and BUSH and his deregulation made people lose their homes, jobs and at times their life! GOPers and teabaggers do NOT care a THING about this country!

June 11, 2010 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  16. hwy9

NancyLV said: "No dems didn't do this to Bush because they did not think of it or they would have been the first. Good going lets crush that sucker."

Nice, and true to your GOP roots, demonstrates impeccable grammar... You have to love the Grand Old Party. We liberals have been taught to show compassion to those with special needs.

No, I haven't seen the "Bush Stress Head", but I did receive a "Bush Lie Machine" from a friend in Austin...

June 11, 2010 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  17. aNTHONY

Wow.

How utterly disrespectful.
    How tasteless.

This is what society has become.

June 11, 2010 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  18. JT from MO

Why exactly are we falling to this type of childish behavior? I'm refering to both parties here, just to let you individuals know. I lean to the left of the political spectrum, but even though I have analyzed what Former President Bush stood for and strongly disagreed with them, I would never do or even think about what is happening and said on this thread. I have a quick suggestion for all of you to at least consider. How about we come up with intelligent, well thought out ideas and alternatives to how we can help the president out? As a scientist you are supposed to question authority, but that does not mean acting immature and selfish; that means politely disagreeing and intelligently questioning what the person stands for, and then, offer up an well thought out alternative solution or idea(s). If a college student like me can figure that out, I'm quite sure that adults who are supposed to be older and wiser than me can figure it out as well. Have a great evening to all of you.

June 11, 2010 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  19. Idiots

Calling teatards racists for wanting this product is too great a compliment – racists at least have a consistent ideology.

June 11, 2010 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  20. Doyle Wiley, MI

If you really want a good seller make one of George W Bush.

June 11, 2010 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  21. once upon a horse

wow does it come with a Sarah Palin one too since she's good at squishing money out of folks? If so I might consider the set.

June 11, 2010 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  22. Desmond in canada

Pathetic Repugnican tactics, to say the least!

June 11, 2010 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  23. Tony in Maine

The Weekly Standard – The same rag that brings you William Kristol, the moron who is still hunting for WMD in Iraq and wants the US to go to war with Iran to protect Israel.

The crush doll is the ultimate toy for the testosterone overloaded though. They can watch an old Rocky movie, drink long neck beers and pretend that they can crush the intelligent black man who had the temerity to take the oval office away from The Party of No.

June 11, 2010 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  24. CHAZ

If you believe that the creation of the O'Dummy doll was all O'Dummy's fault click like.

June 11, 2010 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  25. alpha_nu_916

republicans telling me to get a humor. give me a break.
    when bush and the neo-cons ruled the roost any act like this was met with words like "sedition" & "treason."

June 11, 2010 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |