June 25th, 2010

Obama, Lady Gaga compete for Facebook fan record

As of 8:30 a.m. ET on Friday, Lady Gaga had about 15,000 more Facebook fans than President Obama.

(CNN) - Lady Gaga and President Obama don't often travel in the same circles, but they're the top competitors in a popularity contest that could have one of them setting a record by this weekend.

Facebook publicists told CNN on Thursday that the pop star and the president are neck-and-neck in the race to become the first living person with more than 10 million fans on the social networking site.

As of early Friday, Obama was in the lead, with 9,058,881 fans. Lady Gaga trailed behind with 9,023,966.

Both of them were more than 4 million fans behind the No. 1 individual, Michael Jackson, who had 13,285,811. The singer died a year ago.

Full story

Filed under: Facebook • President Obama
  1. Ohio

LOL! This pretty much sums it up. Sarah has 154 comments and Obama and Lady Gaga have NO COMMENTS. LOL. Pretty much shows you everyone is interested in. GO SARAH!

June 25, 2010 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  2. shawn

Awww. So much for the deluded Republican fantasies that Obama isn't a popular figure. Poor things!

June 25, 2010 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  3. Terry From West Texas

I can't believe that there are ten million people on Twitter.

June 25, 2010 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  4. Eric

All this proves is there are simultaneously more than nine million truly stupid people who have $h!tty taste in both politics AND music... go figure... the hippies have shown us this for more than 40 years.

I'd love to see an analysis to determine how many of these economically illiterate idiots are the same exact people... and further, to determine how many are under the age of 30. Dunces, all of them.

I swear, the age for suffrage for all Americans should be moved to 30 years of age, at a minimum.

June 25, 2010 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  5. Joe in NJ

I'm rooting for Betty White instead.

June 25, 2010 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  6. Byrd

Oh, gee. They should be so proud.

June 25, 2010 09:02 am at 9:02 am |
  7. DENNA

LOL. I love this. It's nice to have a president who is human and admits to being human. You can do that if you're a liberal. CONservatives are so busy being "perfect" that they can't enjoy life. I'm pulling for a tie as I like them both. Have a nice day America!

June 25, 2010 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  8. The reality is...

That just goes to show why this country is in such a downward spiral; both.

June 25, 2010 09:12 am at 9:12 am |
  9. Well Whoop Te Do

Two real winners,

June 25, 2010 09:15 am at 9:15 am |
  10. Slick William

That says it ALL, no need to even try to explain....

June 25, 2010 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  11. JP

There is one thing in common though; the undying craving for more and more and more attention.

The style, indeed, is different, Lady Gaga shows up shows up in Yankee Stadium with an unbuttoned Yanks jersey, and Obama goes for a burger in the local neighborhood.

June 25, 2010 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  12. awaitingliberalizationbyCNN

There reallyi is not much difference between the two. Narcissitic frauds, both of them. Both adored and fawned over by the liberal press. Both unbelievably stupid.

June 25, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  13. Michael Armstrong Sr.

Just as ling as she dosnt wind up being president I dont give a care .

June 25, 2010 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  14. Angus McDugan

Hay everyone, This is just too easy. Let's leave it alone. We all know.

June 25, 2010 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  15. virginia

I think the president has better thigs to do than read about lady gaga. This country need help. We are falling fast and it is not going to be pretty. I live in a small town in Indiana. Most of our jobs are gone. Now you take away the unemployment. I have unemployed for 56 weeks still looking and hoping. How can I keep going to fill out applications now that I do not have a income. Where am I going to go, I wont have a car to sleep in because that has to go next.. If you have a heart Mr president please help us. We need the unemployment extension now.

June 25, 2010 10:20 am at 10:20 am |