June 28th, 2010

Cheney released from hospital

Former Vice President Dick Cheney has been released from a Washington hospital, according to a spokesman.

Washington (CNN) - Former Vice President Dick Cheney has been released from a Washington hospital, according to a spokesman for the former vice president.

Filed under: Dick Cheney
  1. Not Republican

Excellent!
    There is still hope that Cheney will be prosecuted for 'high crimes'..
    What is an appropriate penalty for starting an illegal war (lying to Congress, knowing use of false 'evidence', etc.) in order to start a war which killed more than 100,000 (most of whom were fully innocent)??
    I'm against the death penalty, but in Cheney's case, I wouldn't lose any sleep. Cheney, Saddam, Hitler... they all belong in Hell.

June 28, 2010 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  2. mk

Here's a thought to ponder.....IF I had as many heart problems as the former VP would I still have health insurance or would I have been dropped like a hot potato by now?

June 28, 2010 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  3. Claudia, Houston, Tx

5 down and 1 to go, the Mark of the Beast.

June 28, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  4. Dick

To bad it wasn't feet first, maybe next time. For all the repugs that can hardly wait to jump me on this, BITE ME.

June 28, 2010 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  5. Barack.Hussein.Obama-America's-Benevolent-DICTATOR

Hang tough Dick! America needs you more than ever!!

June 28, 2010 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  6. Bedtime for Obonzo

Get well soon.

June 28, 2010 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  7. B King

Seriously?! Damn! Well, one can never give up hoping. Seriously though... was he "released" or tossed out? Probably just trying to save a few bucks. He's got to be hurting financially after the rig blew up. Well....... damn!

June 28, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  8. Ben in Texas

The only Dick Cheney headlines I care to see are "Cheney Indicted", or "Cheney Dead".

June 28, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  9. Minnesotan

Is this a mental hospital or a medical one? My first assumption is a mental hospital, considering it's Cheney.

June 28, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  10. hayden zeke

Darn, I kept telling him "Go towards the light! Go towards the light!"

June 28, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  11. Joe

Too bad.

June 28, 2010 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  12. Jeff in Virginia

This little stub fails to mention that they gave him a fresh infusion of Blood of Innocent Iraqi Children to keep his bionic heart pumping.

He should be rotting in a jail cell.

June 28, 2010 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  13. Erick

I would never wish death on anyone, but if there were ever a Dick who genuinely deserved it, he'd be the one.

June 28, 2010 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  14. Turnabout is Fair Play

Who really gives a sh!t except the idiots who love him and Chimp, go back to your Borg alcove Mr. Sneermaster.

June 28, 2010 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  15. Chas in Iowa

I hope he recovers well and is able to face war crimes charges in the Hague.

June 28, 2010 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  16. Dumbasrocks [R]s

I say put some hospital signs up outside a few prisons. Next time he checks in, don't let him out. This guy is the biggest threat to democracy since Tricky Dick. Funny how the worst of them come from the [R] party. It is THE reason I'm no longer a [R]. Conservative or liberal, who wants to be part of a party that not only harbors legally convictable crooks, but glorifies them and seeks to put them in leadership positions? The insanity involved in perpetuating this sad state of affairs on this country says all you need to know about today's[R]s.

June 28, 2010 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  17. American Pie

You stay classy, Dems.

June 28, 2010 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  18. ray

this war criminal should have died.

June 28, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  19. Victim of GOP Taliban

Yes hurry up and get better so you can prove how "transparent" the Republicans are for finally telling us what Energy and Oil industry executives you met with behind closed doors. No longer a reason to hide it right?

June 28, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  20. Bobert

And here I thought you liberals were suppose to be caring. Instead I get to marvel at all the hateful comments on this site.

As for my two cents, I hope Dick Cheney does get better, and I would not wish illness or death on anyone, even those I venomously disagree with (Obama).

June 28, 2010 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  21. JonDie

Bummer. I guess a soul-less person can't actually die, their evil will just live on forever.

June 28, 2010 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  22. J in Denver

Hurry up and DIE already. We're sick of looking at your sour face.

June 28, 2010 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  23. a little sad

Barack.Hussein.Obama-America's-Benevolent-DICTATOR June 28th, 2010 3:50 pm ET

Hang tough Dick! America needs you more than ever!!

***************

For what?

June 28, 2010 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  24. Florida Forever

We lost Sen. Byrd yet we get to keep this criminal. Something's just not right in the world today!

June 28, 2010 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  25. Midwest

How's that socialized medicine working out for you, Dick?

June 28, 2010 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |