July 23rd, 2010
  1. John Hennessy Black

President Obama is anything but BOLD in the area of policy, except in his speeches!

I will also note, for the record, that the President of the USA does not really have much power at all... the real power lies in the democratically controlled House and Senate. IF these folks, like Ben Nelson (D) are more concerned with getting re-elected, than doing what are both right for America and following the President, then you get just what you got.

I too wanted a Public Option to be part of Health Care Reform; and, perhaps that will happen in President Obama’s second term, after the economy starts to really blossom. [You cannot ever understand my frustration and level of anger that this did not happen NOW!] However, I am not at the point that I will abandon President Obama… mainly because there simply is no viable alternative [Candidate] in any party that can/will bring about these changes.

I do not agree with President Obama on illegal immigration either: All illegal aliens and their anchor babies should be deported [AZ has the right idea.] President Reagan did the country many disservices; none was more egregious than granting amnesty [a PRESIDENTIAL PRECEDENT] to so many illegal aliens in 1986. Most people simple do not understand fully the inherent strings and restrictions that occur when a precedent is set. One of the largest messages that this particular message sent to the world at large was that we have given amnesty ONCE, so we may give it AGAIN. In any form of negotiation, and I’m thinking management and union here, but it also applies to this situation: you need to be very careful that you do not tie the hands or limit options for future negotiators; precedents do that!

Yes, President Obama did cave to the Health Insurance Companies, the Pharmacies, Wall Street and the banks; ultimately, because the spineless Democrats in Congress would not support what he wanted – there are a lot of HUGE EGOS in Swampland! Least we forget, he did get a huge foot in the door.

We can put the entire blame on President Obama for all of these failings or we could look at the broader picture here and attempt to support Democrats/Independents in the mid-term election that will support our agenda. I am loathe to go back to 8 years of King George and Republican Party anarchy; we can all see the economic devastation and national divisiveness that has brought us…

July 23, 2010 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  2. JFK

When you expect too much, your always going to be disappointed! No matter the outcome.

July 23, 2010 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  3. Big George in Big D

Looks a bit like most everyone is getting on the "disappointed in Obama" bandwagon! What a loser! Hopey changey people? Next time, think before you vote!

July 23, 2010 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  4. reginald middlebrooks sr

Aside from his (44) many accomplishments (in less then 2 years) still gets this much flax. Ok then lf not Mr O as prez then what's his or name?

July 23, 2010 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  5. Fred Riek

I am not a Democrat but I do see myself as a Progressive. I am not disappointed in President Obama in the least. He has all but a couple of elected Republicans in congress who are 100% against everything he wants to do for our Country and he has the Democratic Party to depend on to be united. Did you get that, the Democrats to be united? The very nature of the Democratic Party is that they are not united in lock-step for or against anything, so if nything the Democratic Party is who are letting Progressives down. The President cannot do much without the votes in Congress. The wide tent of the Democratic Party, while not conducive to victory upon victory, is a whole lot better than the Republicans which seems to abhor diversity and even is willing to kick out anyone who is not is goose step, I mean lock-step, with their out of touch right wing subversives who will make up stories and decieve rather than rely on facts to push their somewhat facist agena. Who are the Republican leaders and spokespeople? Palin, Rush, O'Reilly, and Beck! Who with any brain power whatsoever, could take the Republican Party seriously. Not in my America.

July 23, 2010 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  6. Jill American

That's what you get when you jump on a bandwagon way too soon, disappointed. They were naive and irresponsible with their support of this novice instead of going with a seasoned, proven candidate.

I have not been one bit surprised by Obama. It is exactly what I expected.

July 23, 2010 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  7. BajanLuv

The "all or nothing crowd". I want everything now. I say stay home
    and don't vote, surely you will get half of what you want then.

July 23, 2010 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  8. Gaylon Barrow NOT ASHAMED for the truth!!!

Progressives, African Americans, Whites and Mexicans are all disappointed with the man who can't walk on water. Everyone is sick of his socialist ideals and leadership to one of the highest tax increases in the history of the United States. This will be coming after Jan 1, 2011 because that is the end of George Jr's freeze on tax increases.

July 23, 2010 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  9. saboth

Yeah, I really thought he'd pull some breakthroughs. I still think he is doing an ok job, but the healthcare bill won't help many people who are paying insane premiums (for instance, a family of 4 will pay around $900 a month where I work, with a $2,200 per person yearly deductable). Most of the hourly people couldn't even afford that if 100% of their paychecks went just to healthcare. No immigration fix, except to tell states "if we don't like your immigration fix, we will tell you how not to do it." No legalization of drugs, bailout of firms that are showing record breaking profits while still raising credit card rates on people and denying businesses loans. I think he has done more than the past 2 presidents, but that isn't saying much. I was hoping for more of a revolution.

July 23, 2010 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |