August 9th, 2010

TRENDING: Palin response to viral video raises brows

(CNN) - Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is responding to a YouTube video that shows her and her eldest daughter, Bristol, engaged in a spirited debate with a woman standing in front of a banner that reads: "Worst Governor Ever."

On her Facebook page, Palin reacts under a post titled "There You Go Again, LSM." She says the media (LSM is her abbreviation for the "lame stream media") is spinning the video of the encounter into something it is not. Palin lashes out at claims she rolled her eyes at the woman when she identified herself as a teacher.

"Yes, it's come to this: the media is now trying to turn my eyebrow movements into story lines. (Maybe that's why Botox is all the rage – if you can't move your eyebrows, your 'eye rolling' can't be misinterpreted!)" Palin writes.

Filming part of her Alaska documentary in Homer, Alaska, Palin writes she "had a brief discussion with a local lady who, in typical Alaska style, decided to give me her two cents worth about my political leanings, American politics in general, and much else besides."

In the video, the protester says to Palin, "You swore on your precious bible that you would uphold the interests of this state and then, when cash was waved in front of your face, you quit."

Palin immediately says, "Oh you want me to be your governor! Thank you."

"No," the woman responds, "I wanted you to honor your responsibilities."

As for the terse political discourse, Palin writes "It's what makes our politics so uniquely democratic: two people discussing the things they care about, even though they respectfully disagree about just about everything."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Karl in Charleston,SC

Don't mess with a Moma Grizzly.

August 9, 2010 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  2. GianCarlo

I guess the truth hurts. "Worst governor ever"

August 9, 2010 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  3. Leah

I pray for the day that Palin will just GO AWAY!

August 9, 2010 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  4. Kleen M

"Oh you want me to be your Governor..Thank you" was not respectfully disagreeing with the protestor ..It was a snarky disrespectful retort. Does your ignorance of the term "respectful" make you blush even a little Sarah?

August 9, 2010 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  5. Max

Sarah is the best entertainment since Jackie Gleason.
    She reminds me of when I was a kid and rang someone's doorbell and ran away.
    If the person ran after us, we did it again. It was fun. If the person didn't run after us, we never did it again. It would have been boring.
    I love when someone pulls Sarah's strings. She runs after them.

August 9, 2010 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  6. Matt

Apparently, Caribou Barbie quit that conversation too – as soon as she figured out the lady wouldn't be writing her a check.

August 9, 2010 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  7. Gpenn

She absolutely did roll her eyes. I caught that right away. I laughed to myself when I saw it. I also got a kick out of the two gentlemen with her trying to shield her from the camera. She isn't even safe fielding questions from a regular citizen. And Bristol look lovely with the whole world bit she spouted out. And she gets paid as a political consultant by her mom's PAC. What a joke.

August 9, 2010 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  8. Dale

"Lame stream media"... yes Sarah, the world is out to get you. Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

August 9, 2010 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  9. Yair

If Gov Palin was the worst governor ever, why this "teacher" was upset that she had quit her post!!!! I wish our worst ever president had the decency to quit; I actually would applaud him then!

August 9, 2010 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  10. sonnie2

Most people know from 2008 that Sarah Palin is a sheep in wolf clothing.
    And that woman standing in front of the banner that say she was the worst Governer ever, have it just right.

Sarah Palin dosent have a glue whats going on in this world.She criticise
    everything that goes on in the present Government yet she nor not one republican can come up with a solution that would make life a little better
    for the American People. So sad! I hope she never see the step of the
    White House. Laugh out loud!!!!

August 9, 2010 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  11. Papa Chipmunk

What's to interpret? People roll their eyes when they are exasperated or dismissive. Why else would a person roll her eyes?

August 9, 2010 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  12. Kevin Collins

Yeah, 'ol half-term Palin keeps saying she isn't a quitter yet quit the governorship without serving even one entire term. Why anyone still takes this raving hypocrite seriously is beyond me.

August 9, 2010 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  13. Rickster

half term half wit and daughter diss teacher and then blame media, film at 11.

August 9, 2010 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  14. Sean

Why won't Palin just go be an ignorant, divisive, self-serving megalomaniac in private, where she doesn't have to drag the entire national discourse down into the gutter with her?

August 9, 2010 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  15. Rosalinda

Her expression said it all – and I hope they play it over and over again so people can see for them selves instead of her flat out lies...

August 9, 2010 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  16. David G

The woman that confronted Palin is not the Main Street Media. Just another round of the blame game by Palin. Classic Sarah Palin here....

August 9, 2010 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  17. Keith in Austin

Typical Liberal-Media slant. Thankfully most informed Americans see right through it!

August 9, 2010 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  18. Bassman

Gov. Palin exposed the true intentions of this woman with this exchange, and it went right over the head of our media.

The protester says to Palin, "You swore on your precious bible that you would uphold the interests of this state and then, when cash was waved in front of your face, you quit."

Palin immediately says, "Oh you want me to be your governor! Thank you."

"No," the woman responds, "I wanted you to honor your responsibilities."

The fact that the woman had to cover her first response by quickly having to sat "No" shows that this woman did not care about wanting Palin to "uphold the interests" She was looking for a you tube moment, and Gov. Palin exposed it for what it was. The media's response is frankly getting tiring, and predictable.

August 9, 2010 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  19. rob

It is truly amazing that some of the american people can be attracted to a moderately educated, intellectually stunted, wanna-be, and think she might be clever enough to lead this country. It didn't work in the past – George Bush has the honor of being the worst rated president in history, and how could any one think that George Bush in a skirt could possibly be any different??

August 9, 2010 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  20. Kyle

Since Palin disagreed with everything this woman said I guess she truly did not feel she needed to honor her responsibilities as Gov. It's all about the money grab now, and a potential power grab later. She's the worst thing to ever happen in US politics and that's saying alot. So what in the world would make any INTELLIGENT voter think she would do any differently as President. (Note the Key Word here is Intelligent).

August 9, 2010 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  21. penn

How stupid can she be? I think that we are just seeing the tip of the iceburg regarding her stupidity, She referred to herself as a lame duck Governor mid way thru her first term. She's too dumb to realize that the term " lame duck" duck refers to a politician who has completed one term and is in his/her second term (for example) that person would be a lame duck, Stupid is what stupid does. I'm sure she has lost alot of respect from the hard working teachers who are very proud of being teachers. Looks like old Sarah doesn't think too highly of teachers.

August 9, 2010 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  22. JohninTampa

Al Gore rolled his eyes when he was debating George Bush, and it cost him the Presidency. Bush was so absurd with his 'there you go again Al' instead of just answering the damn question that Al couldn't take him seriously. And we all saw his condescension. Then, having been told that didn't look cool, he bent over backward in the next debate to appear only George's mental equal. Which on Al was so impossible he looked downright silly. And he could not possibly match George in silly, so he lost it all.

I roll my eyes every time I hear the name Sarah Palin. But hearing she rolls her eyes at the concept of a teacher only makes me angry.

August 9, 2010 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  23. Keisha

It was bad enough to watch her condescending attitude towards this woman. But then to see Palin's eye-rolling, grimacing, and "knowing" look towards her daughter when the woman said she was a teacher...how rude and dismissive! Particularly when Palin waxes rhapsodic about her own father's career as a teacher in Going Rogue. Palin proves herself yet again to be childish and petulant. Ugh.

August 9, 2010 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  24. Liberal4Obama

Sarah Palin is an elitist. Did she forget her own father is a retired science teacher and her brother is also a teacher.

PALINDROME FAIL!

August 9, 2010 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  25. Evil Hollywood Liberal

Why do I have a feeling we're going to be seeing PLENTY of these "moments" with Sister Sarah over the next few months/years? (please, let it be just months.....though i have a feeling we're going to be stuck with this ditz for the next few years)

August 9, 2010 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |