August 10th, 2010

Johnston running for Palin's old job in reality show

Levi Johnston wants to be the star of a new reality show that will profile his campaign to be mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.

(CNN) – Levi Johnston wants to run for Sarah Palin's former job – with cameras watching him at every step.

Stone & Company Entertainment confirmed to CNN that it is actively shopping a show that will feature Johnston seeking his former almost-mother-in-law's old post as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.

The show, to be called "Loving Levi: The Road to the Mayor's Office," will feature the trials and tribulations of America's most famous teen dad as he enters the world of politics while continuing to dabble in Hollywood, Stone also confirmed.

First reported by Variety, the company confirms it is already shooting the pilot and is shopping it to several networks.

When the show was first floated to Johnston – who recently broke off his engagement to Palin's eldest daughter, Bristol, for the second time – he wasn't thrilled with the idea of following in the former Alaska governor's footsteps.

"But the more I think about it and look into it, I think there's a possibility we can make it happen," Johnston told Variety. "It's something that I want to do."

That it might.  The former mayor of Wasilla, Verne E. Rupright, won in a 2008 runoff election with a total of 466 votes.  The next mayoral election won't be held until 2012, but Johnston may seek a seat on the city council in the meantime.

Johnston also told Variety he hopes the show exposes his true character.

"It's hard to figure me out," he said. "You've got to follow me around. I'm very different. I lead a crazy life. But it will basically be both worlds, my life in Hollywood and back home, the real country boy that I am."

Filed under: 2012 • Alaska • Levi Johnston • Sarah Palin
  1. Big John

Well, here's another program on the list I won't be watching...It's one sure way to cut down on the time spent watching TV. What's next, Bristol and her baby plus 8? Damn you John McCain for unleashing these Wasilla hillbillies! ....Oh no, I just spurred another idea for the TV producers, "Sarah and the rest of the Wasilla Hillbillies"

August 10, 2010 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  2. todd

If he wins and doesn't quit half way through, he is already a step ahead of his kid's grandmother.

August 10, 2010 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  3. Steph

I blame this entire mess on McCain. A little vetting could have prevented the slow motion train wreck that is the Palin family saga.

August 10, 2010 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  4. Steph

"It's something that I want to do." And that something is to make as much money as humanly possible.

August 10, 2010 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  5. Fred S.

Isn't his 15 minutes up?

August 10, 2010 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  6. GL

wumpus30622
    Anybody smell a Fox-TV "reality" show in the making??!!?!?
    I got yer theme song right here!!

They're creepy and they're kooky;
    Mysterious and spooky.
    They're altogether ooky,
    The Palin Family.

------------------------------------–

What a great posting from wumpus30622

August 10, 2010 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  7. Dennis

Go Levi. I think it is great and he will do a much better job.

August 10, 2010 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  8. Mike Mazz

Im so watching this

August 10, 2010 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  9. Darla (Edmonton, Canada)

Well, this really doesn't surprise me! What does surprise me is that the residents of Wasilla and the rest of Alaska haven't run this bunch of loons out of town (and the state) by now.

To all Alaskans ... we all know you're better than this bunch of yahoos!

August 10, 2010 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  10. Don

It just doesn't matter

August 10, 2010 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  11. Tom

PLEASE. STOP.
    The only thing newsworthy here is how insignificant the job of Wasilla mayor is (no offense intended to the good citizens of Wasilla) that this meathead and Ms. Palin are on the same level as serious contenders for the job.

August 10, 2010 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  12. Jessica

Good to know that being Mayor of Wasilla isnt really a job...

August 10, 2010 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  13. judy

WOW! What A Great Idea!
    Add More Fruits Unto A Fruit Cake!
    Love It! Love It!

August 10, 2010 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  14. JDF

This cheapens the country – we are truly in for it...
    Anybody else feel like this is akin to the Fall of Rome?

August 10, 2010 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  15. Ken

Will someone please let this idiocy die?

August 10, 2010 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  16. Brandon

Only in America....

August 10, 2010 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  17. Jackalope

Heck, if Palin did it, how hard could it be? With just a little misobfuscation and refudiation, nothing could undoubtlessly go askrew!

August 10, 2010 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  18. Debby

I like Palin, but boy this kid is really sinking her down into the mud with his idiot moves.

August 10, 2010 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  19. Joe

Dear Palin and Johnston families: Please Google the term "self satire" before making any further plans to disgrace yourselves in public.

August 10, 2010 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  20. Chris_VA

Obviously our karma is totally hosed; we appear to be doomed to constant media bombardment about this soap opera family. What an incredibly bad joke. Can't we just come back as a snake in the next life?

August 10, 2010 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  21. Bessy

Do these people never stop ? I'm beginning to wonder what is in the water in Alaska ! Maybe the Russians " sneaked " across the bay and added something to it. ( just kidding )

August 10, 2010 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  22. mims

it's a train wreck....

August 10, 2010 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  23. Donnatella

This is the funniest story I have heard all week, if these people can elect that idiot Palin, Levi should be a step up. What kind of people live in this town complete idiots LOL!!!!!!!

August 10, 2010 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  24. Malt

This kid is the new.... what was the name of that guy that lived in OJ Simpson's guesthouse?

August 10, 2010 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  25. Illinois 2

This guy is a real nut job..... What a joke!!!

August 10, 2010 10:21 am at 10:21 am |