August 11th, 2010

Quayle son gets harsh on Obama

Quayle is out with a dramatic new ad bashing Obama.
Quayle is out with a dramatic new ad bashing Obama.

(CNN) - Ben Quayle, the son of former Vice President Dan Quayle who is seeking a House seat in Arizona, is making a splash with a new campaign ad in which he looks straight into the camera and declares, "Barack Obama is the worst president in history."

"My generation will inherit a weakened country," Quayle also says solemnly in the new 30-second spot. "Drug cartels in Mexico, tax cartels in DC. What's happened to America? I love Arizona. I was raised right. Someone needs to go to Washington and knock the hell out of the place."

Quayle, the 33-year-old son of the former vice president, is one of 10 Republicans seeking the GOP nomination for the third district House seat of retiring Rep. John Shadegg. The Republican-leaning district primarily encompasses Phoenix and its surrounding suburbs.

Quayle recently ran into controversy after admitting to having posted on the controversial website DirtyScottsdale.com four years ago. The racy website features scantily clad women and focuses on profiling the Scottsdale nightclub scene. Quayle told a local TV station Tuesday he posted on the website on behalf of a friend to "drive some traffic."

The primary will be held on August 24.

Filed under: Arizona • Ben Quayle
  1. Debbie

Ok...couple of lessons here – it's ok to post on a "racy" website as long as it benefits a friend....what else would he do to benefit friends? And re. Obama being the "worst in history"???? I love the way problems inherited by the previous administration are the fault of the current adminstration. Ben is as pathetic as his father.

2. Psychologist

Sad case to build a case on bashing somebody else.

3. dead republicans

I wish it was legal to shoot republicans

4. keith

Obama said he had visited 57 states. You libs forget that but still are all up Quayle's arse over the spelling gaff.

Obama can do no wrong in your eyes and that is your downfall. To the majority, he is a joke.

5. Alex

I can only simply say.....WHAT THE HELL IS IN THE WATER OUT THERE IN ARIZONA!!!!!!

6. CHUCK

What a goofball. Where did this guy come from? More right wing crap!

7. Mo

Ok what an idiot!!! Totally agree with Laurie "probably thinks Bush was one of the best." What a moron, idiot, dulusional right wing empty head crybaby. All these rich right wingers starting to cry now that there taxes are going to go up up up!! The Right Wing party of let's sit on our buts, twiddle our thumbs, the do nothingism and say NO to everything!!! IDIOTS!!

8. QuietEye

Mr. Quayle. – I agree with you and feel your pain. What is happening to our country is no surprise – at all. Your party has governed holding both houses and presidency for most administrative years during or followed by 1. Great Depression, 2. Savings & Loan Debacle, 3. Great Recession. The other party comes in and spends necessary money to prevent mass-unemployment and clean the mess over time for the (remaining) middle-class. It takes time, perhaps near the time "deficites don't matter" Reganized Cheny / Bush had for that voodoo, "supply side" trickle down and OUT economics. But of course while your busy mouthing red meat propoganda, most of the leaders in your party land the RNC ong ago were bought and sold by the financial and corporate interests. But your different right?

9. AustinBaby

Um, excuse me, but who was the president for the past 8 years? If you honestly believe that Obama created all this in his short time in office, you are seriously crazy. At least Obama didn't start a war...oh wait...two wars....and drive our deficit up....Give me a break. If we all would work together and stop trying to make MONEY from being in office and actually run because you want to help people and make this a better country....maybe I could trust a Republican. I don't trust either side, but I wouldn't trust a Republican any further than I could throw one.

10. Just Plain Tired

DANGER , DANGER!!!!! You can't fix stupid

11. NH RICK

Well, maybe his father had something in him after all, the kids sounds like he's on the ball.

12. Lily

Worst in history????? How can it be? I'm tired of people saying he hasn't done a thing... well, what do you call passing the health plan before his second year in power....
    I call it efficient! It was his first point on his agenda as a candidate and he passed it; we all know how complicated the topic is.
    Please, instant gratification generation, be patient; he was handed a hottest "potato" !!!!!

13. Janie Larson

My, My, how quickly we forget the eight years of total destruction GW left behind for Obama to clean up with a bunch of crooked politicians. Bet this guy voted for SP – they should be running mates. Try helping the problems, not make more -

14. Lisa

Whatever happened to his dad??

15. Blaum

Obama is terrible for the future of this country with his spending..... he at least has that one right....

Somebody needs to go into DC and slap some people around... I'm all for that!!

16. onthebeach

So it's the gospel if Ben Quale says it? Oh please.

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  17. JimJam

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! wow thanks for the laugh!

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  18. sanity check

Really, guy? The worst president ever, huh? A clear student of history I see. I am sick of these flash in the pan fringe candidates making outlandish statements just to get a little press and perpetuate what seems to be a constant fear mongering campaign. You want my vote dude? Tell me what you are going to do with it. Last time you had me bought in, you made me regret the supposed 'Contract with America'. I am going to be a little more careful this time.

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  19. BKrause

What a perceptive young man. I hear that Bristol Palin is single.

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  20. Mike

Obama's not a bad guy, he's been in office for almost half a term and already I've heard more complaining and critcism then the entire Bush Administration recieved.
    The GOP (Bush) got us into this mess and now you guys wanna hand the reigns back to them?
    Just give Obama some time, he was handed two wars and a bad economy, unfortunately Arguing with you Neanderthals is pointless, since most of you can't see past what you see with your eyes.

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  21. A

Agreed and right on, about time someone vocalized it. Thank God we only have 2 more years with him. I wasted my vote on O.

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  22. Steve

I am more confident in the President now, especially that he is being bashed by another nobody, who is a son of a nobody....Quayle will be known for bashing Murphy Brown, a character on television. What a legacy!!

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  23. W L Jones jones

It must be the desert heat! the dept of one mind and soul come from his or her surrounding.Bless.

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  24. Vi

This comes from the son of the worst Vice President in history.

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  25. Don Beal

Quayle evidently has a degree in history, so it is hard to believe that he believes what he is saying. He's just trying to out-conservative the other conservatives, Arizona-style.

August 11, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |