(CNN) – Republican congressional candidate Ben Quayle put out a television ad last Wednesday in which he stared into the camera and solemnly declared that "Barack Obama is the worst president in history."
On Monday, Quayle lined up nine reasons why, in his opinion, he believes Obama is the worst.
Included on the list are the assertions that Obama has "destroyed more wealth than any human being in history" and that he has "divided America along racial lines in destructive ways."
The list did not include any evidence to back up Quayle's claims.
Read the list after the jump:
Quayle, the son of former Vice President Dan Quayle, is one of 10 Republicans vying for the GOP nomination for the third House district. Rep. John Shadegg announced in January that he was retiring and would not seek re-election.
Shadegg's former chief of staff, Sean Noble, announced on his political blog Monday his endorsement of Steve Moak, one of Quayle's nine opponents for the congressional seat.
"Steve Moak is not a fraud like another candidate in the race that is trying to trade on the family name to get elected to a position that he would squander," Noble wrote, seemingly referencing Quayle. "CD [Congressional district] 3 deserves to be represented by the adult in the race."
Quayle's campaign issued a statement Monday night in response to Noble's endorsement.
"Mr. Moak has already hidden behind his non-profit; now he hides behind his campaign consultant," said Quayle campaign spokeswoman Meghan Rose. "He needs to stop hiding, stop hurling hollow insults and start answering some tough questions about his use of a non-profit to make himself a wealthy man and his concealment of the scheme from the IRS."
The primary will be held on August 24.
(Updated with Quayle response at 7:35 p.m. ET)
Reasons why President Obama is the Worst President in History
1. He has loaded up every child in this nation with more debt than any President in history.
2. With his policies and the threat of more such policy, he has destroyed more wealth than any human being in history, which is always what happens when you set out to redistribute wealth: you end up destroying it.
3. He has brought us to the brink of the most massive tax increases in history and if we don't elect enough Republicans in November to stop him that is exactly what we will get.
4. He has forced through legislation without a single republican vote that may well destroy the finest health care system in history when all we needed were some measures to control costs.
5. He has divided America along racial lines in destructive ways and he is doing so again by suing Arizona over its attempt to control the drug trade and human smuggling trade threatening its security.
6. He has failed to form a policy to adequately deal with the vicious Mexican drug cartels that are essentially running parts of that nation and becoming an increasing threat to ours.
7. He has traveled the world making apologies for America instead of defending its timeless and treasured ideals of freedom and peace for all nations of good will.
8. He has said there is nothing exceptional about America, something no other president has ever said and something which alone suggests he is a historically poor president.
9. He has hired people of strange and radical views to hold important federal posts in which they pursue more bad policy that no administration in history has ever pursued.