(CNN) – Voters in Washington state and Wyoming picked their candidates for the general election, setting the stage for some potential nail biters in November.
In Washington, Democratic Sen. Patty Murray and Republican candidate Dino Rossi emerged from a crowded primary field.
Murray, the incumbent, received 46 percent of the vote and Rossi got just under 34 percent, according to the Washington secretary of state. Under the state's system, the two candidates who receive the most votes regardless of party affiliation move on to the general election. Washington is primarily a mail-in ballot state, and voting was under way for two weeks.
In many ways, Murray and Rossi had already begun their general election campaigns before the primary, focusing their attacks on each other. Polls show a close race in the fall.
And the "pot calls the kettle black"?? Where is the indignation when other TV networks, anchors and guests openly diplay personal opinions, and personal political preferences??
Ok, let's note the fact that the Palin backed candidate lost even if it was by 1,000 votes. Palin and her candidates she supports are all losers!
A little advice for Washington Voter get rid of Miss Murray. Let's look at her positions
1. Stimulus-In favor of this 870 billion dollar catastrophic bill. Created a number of government jobs and didn't save any jobs.
2. Tarp-In favor of this bogus bill as well which spent a ton of money with very little positive results
3. Cap & Trade-In favor of this ridiculous bill that will probably die since the support is not there. This would essentially kill a number of small businesses by taxing them more than they already are.
4. Socialized Heatlhcare(Obamacare) This bill will eventually get rid of all insurance carriers and make the best healthcare system in the world go extinct. Majority of the country oppose this and if more knew what was all in the bill it would be closer to 90%
5. Missile Defense Program-She stould with the other socialists(I mean democrats) to dismantle a number of our nuclear weapon supply .
6. If you want to keep the deficit growing and don't care about the future of our country vote for Miss Murray. She will spend your money as well as your childrens money without any thoughts.
Murray is just another career politician who has no clue how to fix this country's problems. 18 years in the Senate is long enough.
Maybe Obama will campaign for Patty Murray since they are so much in tune with what the country needs!!
I suggest Murray followers save their money... the Dems have run this country so far into the river these past four years nobody is going out on a limb for them. They've even started leaving obama hanging out on his own. 70% of this country wants change they can "Really" believe in... and November is the first stop on that train.
Senator Patty Murray has done an excellent job standing up for the American People as the Democrats passed more than 200 people-helping laws despite never-ending Republican obstruction and NO votes on it all.
She be returned to the Senate to continue to serve the People. She knows and upholds her oath to serve the PEOPLE who elected her.
Republicans bow to whoever pays them the most for their votes – big oil, big banks, big insurance, and their rich white buddies who expect favors in return. How do you think John Boehner got to spend more than half the Congressional year on the golf course than doing his job in the House?? 119+ rounds of golf at an all male club (hmmm0 maybe he is gay) and then even more golf junkets added onto that. He spent more than $200K on green fees and he claims to be worried about the deficit? Yes, as long as it does not affect HIS lifestyle. Think he cares about working Americans??
Be careful how you place your vote. Republicans are NOT for working America. They hate us and will and have done nothing to help us this entire year. No on healthcare, No on bank reform, No on stimulus money that saved and created more than 1M jobs. No on saving the auto industry which is now profitable and repaying the govt with interest. No on unemployment benefits. No on the Jobs bill which included credit for stable small businesses who want to expand. No to healthcare help to the 9/11 firemen, police and volunteers who are now sick and dying from all the toxic junk they breathed in. No on education funding to keep teachers from being laid off.
AND they want to eliminate Social Security, Medicare and Unemployment Benefits and they want taxpayers to pay for BP's oil disaster cleanup – all according to Boehner, Sound like Republicans care about YOU???
Vote for Democrats who you know have been working for YOU all year and have fought to make your life better and restore this nation.