September 7th, 2010

Parker, Spitzer reveal name of new show

(CNN) –The new debate show on CNN between Kathleen Parker and Eliot Spitzer has its first winner.

In a video debut released Tuesday, the co-hosts debate the name of the name of their new show. Kathleen Parker won and her name will come first. The show will be called "Parker Spitzer"

"Parker Spitzer" will launch October 4 in CNN's 8 p.m. EST time slot.

Filed under: Parker Spitzer
  1. The Mayans were right,the republicans are coming back

They are such a cute couple and will never lie about anything.

September 7, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  2. Jayden,FL

Although i'm looking forward to the premiere of the show the name just doesnt do it for me... couldn't you guys think of a better name?? Rapid Fire?..something???... yea the name is weird..

September 7, 2010 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  3. Marc in NYC

If Spitzer is broadcasting from the prison cell he belongs in, then the show may have some redeeming qualities. If not, then I for one will certainly not be watching. Still don't understand why CNN would hire someone who should be a convicted felon by now.

September 7, 2010 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  4. Indiana Voter

Wait, how is this any different than what Fox News does with their commentary shows? I thought that the liberals didn't like debate shows. Maybe CNN is starting to figure out why Fox News is so popular. Get more debate shows. This is the new Hannity and Colmes copycat show.

September 7, 2010 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  5. nini

Sleaze-fest comes to mind.

Feel sorry for Parker, I guess everyone has a price.

September 7, 2010 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  6. Deni

Outrageous... another scumbag who was forced to resign his elected position, and now he is on tv. Where do people who live honorable lives go to sign up for big bucks and their own show?

September 7, 2010 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  7. Girl Friday

What is this, CNN's response to FOX's "Hannity and Colmes"? Why not just bring in Dr. Laura to complete the set and have another conservative castrating type on the panel? This is too bizarre. The more I listen to some of CNN's so-called "news shows" that are more and more filled with the opinion of their hosts (not that I don't enjoy the talking heads/pundits who are political analysts, because I do find their analyses to be very informative, as a rule), the more I think CNN is evolving into FOX II. Why the need?

September 7, 2010 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  8. Joe

Really Elliott Spitzer? What, was Rod Blagojevich not available?

September 7, 2010 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  9. John

Original name CNN.

September 7, 2010 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  10. BestProfitBusiness = WAR

stupid name for a show.

September 7, 2010 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  11. works for me

maybe it should be ... Parker, Spitzer and Palin

September 7, 2010 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  12. T

I really like both of these people and think that they're very intelligent and interesting...but this kind of fake-seeming banter isn't going to drag people in.

September 7, 2010 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  13. FauxBoy

Wanna Be Hannity and Colmes I see.

September 7, 2010 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  14. joe smith

hope the time slot doesn't derail the show before it starts; the fact that Mr. Spitzer, whose forminable knowledge about the financial collapse, his insight into wall streets' greedy buffoons, and his expertise as to how this mess can be turned around, are all worth waiting for..finally someone who has the goods on those unabashed tycoons, and seemingly would go after them with a vengence, ( if he were still attorney general )..great news..

September 7, 2010 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  15. A much better name

Parker or Spitzer Out

September 7, 2010 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  16. Frank, Nola

I can't wait. I like the theme of people with different views duking it out. I still want CNN to be a trustworthy source of news, but just have an hour or two of opinonated viewpoints. I would watch the show every night.

September 7, 2010 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  17. D. Bunker

Fux News "debates"?!? LOL. Their idea of a "debate" is three factually challenged propagandists against one phony liberal.

September 7, 2010 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  18. cds

Are you serious? I give it a week before the embarrasing end.

September 7, 2010 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |