September 9th, 2010

Palin, Beck team up on 9/11 event

Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck will appear together at an event in Alaska on September 11.

(CNN) - After a wildly successful rally on the National Mall, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are teaming up again - but this time for a cost.

The two conservative rock-stars are set to appear together in Alaska on the ninth anniversary of the September 11 attacks in an event that costs a minimum of $65 to attend.

"We can count on Glenn to make the night interesting and inspiring, and I can think of no better way to commemorate 9/11 than to gather with patriots who will 'never forget,'" said Palin on her Facebook page earlier this week. "Hope to see you there!"

But in sharp contrast to the free event in Washington last month, tickets to this latest Palin-Beck affair run as high as $225 – a price tag that some Democrats are making hay about given the somber timing of the event.

But Christopher Cox, the Anchorage-based promoter of the event, told the Anchorage Daily News the date is purely coincidental and was originally scheduled for a week earlier.

Still, Cox said he understands the significance of the timing.

"You know what, it's a great date for me, for America, for Alaska," he said.

A Beck spokesperson says Sarah Palin is not receiving an appearance fee, and Beck is donating his to charity.

"Glenn had always intended to donate the speaking fee from the event on Saturday, September 11th in Alaska to Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Governor Palin is not and was never going to receive a fee for introducing Glenn at this event," a spokesperson for Glenn Beck told CNN.

Event organizers say the 4,000 seat venue is nearly sold out.

Filed under: Glenn Beck • issues • Sarah Palin
  1. Rob

How was it "wildly successful? CNN, now wonder your network is going down the $hit tubes.

September 9, 2010 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  2. Donna from Colorado Springs

A conservative rock concert costing a minimum of $65? These two publicity loving fools will do ANYTHING FOR A BUCK! Timing is suspect to me, but I personally don't trust ANYTHING THAT THESE TWO PEOPLE DO ANYWAY!

September 9, 2010 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  3. Marissa

I think those two are media whores. Wouldnt pay a dime to see them.

September 9, 2010 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  4. Laughing in Florida

And just WHO are those ticket fees going to? I would hate to think these big mouths are actually going to PROFIT from commemorative event for 9/11. But I wouldn't put it past them, because they're events are ALWAYS about them, and ultimately nothing else.

September 9, 2010 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  5. The Other Dale

Just as Beck & Palin's beating up on America took place on the anniversary of MLK Jr.'s speech. Yeah, hey – what are the odds of milking the gullible public once again like this? Just wacky.

September 9, 2010 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  6. Laughing in Florida

And just WHO are those ticket fees going to? I would hate to think these big mouths are actually going to PROFIT from a commemorative event for 9/11. But I wouldn't put it past them, because their events are ALWAYS about them, and ultimately nothing else.

September 9, 2010 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  7. DennisK

The D.C. event was like the "free sample" to get you to buy the real product. These two phony balonies are just about the biggest self-promoting hucksters on the planet. I wouldn't spend 10 seconds listening to either of them if THEY paid ME $225!

September 9, 2010 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  8. Tom

I'm probably more republican leaning then democrat, but I surely wish Sarah and Beck would just go away.

She strikes me as unqualified to lead anything and he is just a vicious, racist, hate-monger.

Politics as a whole would be better off without them.

September 9, 2010 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  9. John

Right Wing Opportunists! Nothing more. Palin and Beck's ignorant followers are buying their vacation home, Mercedes and High Life Style for the un-dynamic duo.

September 9, 2010 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  10. mj

CNN really has it in for Palin. Just about every lead-in to the Political Ticker is referencing her. Reminds me of the "National Enquirer". Guess it's okay for Obama to charge thousands for his fund raising events/dinners, but no so much for Palin. Give it a rest CNN. You are not supposed to be a "Tabloid".

September 9, 2010 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  11. Emerson

"The two conservative rock-stars" are grabbing every last buck that they can. For either one of them to utter the word "patriot" should cause their lips to permanently fuse together permanently.

September 9, 2010 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  12. MD

"Purely coincidental" Yeah right. These two think so much of themselves its disgusting. At least they are in Alaska and not a few feet away from ground zero!!

September 9, 2010 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  13. Eric

And cue up the hysterical, spittle-flying, incoherent democrat reaction:
    "YERARAAAAAAAYYYYCISSSST!!!"

Buh-bye, hippies.

September 9, 2010 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  14. vic

Minimum $65 to attend ninth anniversary of 9/11 I don’t see any difference between Al- Qaida and Sarah Palin-Glenn beck Co

September 9, 2010 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  15. NancyLV

If I lived any where near there I would spend the money.

September 9, 2010 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  16. GI Joe

$$$ FOX $$$ FOX $$$ FOX $$$ FOX

Repeat ad nauseum as required to boost your childish ego.

September 9, 2010 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  17. Kevin

Why aren't people outraged by a couple of politicians making money off 9/11. No matter rep or dem, this is really in bad taste. They can call it what ever they want but Palin is marketing it as people who will never forget. Sounds like a 9/11 thing to me. Have the event just don't charge for it and if you charge people donate the money!

September 9, 2010 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  18. Tam

How sad. Sad, scary, and pathetic.

September 9, 2010 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  19. Anonymous

I would pay i dollar both of them will try to start a riot against the dem full of hate

September 9, 2010 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  20. tim

Disgusting.

I was there at Ground Zero on 9/11.

I lost 35 friends.

I live with it every day that i pass the site.

These people make me sick to my stomach.

Disgusting ...Palin and Beck. Disgusting.

September 9, 2010 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  21. debbie

No wonder Palin's tweeting her little (literally) brain out this week. Just drumming up a little more free pub is all.

September 9, 2010 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  22. Roscoe

I think Todd better have a paternity test done on Trig....maybe Tripp too.

September 9, 2010 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  23. EBC

Both Beck and Palin DESERVE each other. The typical dumb and dumber scenario.

Anyone who follows or believes anything these two clowns say or do is truly a moron and deserves to be "hood-winked" big time. I'd like to see all their followers when they've discovered they've been hustled by these two scam artists!!! LOL

September 9, 2010 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  24. ST

I am running out of words. How can they dare cash in from 9/11. Do they understand what 9/11 means?
    Once a person becomes a money monger, always remain so! Shame on them.

September 9, 2010 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  25. charlie from the North

"Turns Heads" huh? More like turns my stomach.

September 9, 2010 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |