September 10th, 2010

Alan Grayson's re-election fight

(CNN) - Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson from Orlando, Florida, is known for speaking his mind.

It was Grayson who barreled onto the House floor last year to summarize the Republican health care plan as: "If you get sick, die quickly." It was Grayson who compared former Vice President Dick Cheney to a vampire. It was Grayson who called a lobbyist-turned-federal-reserve employee a "K Street whore."

When we asked Grayson about being referred to as "one fry short of a happy meal" he assured us he was not crazy in the truest sense of the word.

"Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I can tell you that if working hard and delivering for people is better, then that may make me crazy. If that's what it takes to call somebody crazy ... then I'm guilty as charged."

Full Story

Filed under: 2010 • Alan Grayson • Florida
  1. Bedtime for Obonzo

Please, Floridians, remove this lout from the national stage.

September 10, 2010 08:22 am at 8:22 am |
  2. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

We need more democrats like Rep. Grayson in Congress. That is a republicans worst nightmare.

September 10, 2010 08:23 am at 8:23 am |
  3. Ancient Texan

Congress would be better off without this arrogant, obnoxious, divisive man. The Nation's business would be better served with a little class and respect.

September 10, 2010 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  4. Obambi

THis guy is a dirt bag even for a democrap.

September 10, 2010 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  5. awaitingliberalizationbyCNN

In a congress of corrupt, slimy, liberal scumbags, this guy is one of the top 10. A real poster child for Nancy Pelosi and the corrupt, slimy, inept, incompetent, union toady president.

September 10, 2010 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  6. Ken in NC

Wish we had him here in NC. We need representatives that are not to scared to speak up for the "Little People" as one man once called us..

September 10, 2010 08:44 am at 8:44 am |
  7. Hogwash from the great 57th state of obama's mind

Grayson's the kind of nut that needs to go away.

Arrogant, unintelligent, offensive, etc.

Politicians need to be able to intelligently voice their opinion, work for their beliefs, and compromise to get things done.

Grayson fails at every level and needs to go.

September 10, 2010 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  8. USA 1

I hope this guy wins – he is a fighter and he is willing to tell people the truth

September 10, 2010 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  9. La Piovra

Since you didn't post any article with your headline, I can only say that, whether the opposition throws a punch, an insult, or an accusation, Mr. Grayson appears quite able to give back at least as good as he gets. If he should fail of re-election, however, I recommend President Obama choose him as running mate next time. Grayson has the potential to be as mean a veep as Dick Cheney, albeit in a more constructive cause.

September 10, 2010 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  10. JANUARY 20, 2013 - THE END OF AN ERROR

Get ready to to go back to the Bronx. Grayson is toast.

September 10, 2010 09:12 am at 9:12 am |
  11. Ben in Texas

We need a couple hundred more Alan Graysons in the House to balance out the right wing ninnies.

September 10, 2010 09:13 am at 9:13 am |
  12. mike

Grayson is a reflection of everything wrong with DC... his liberal elitist attitude towards the common folks is readily apparent every time he opens his mouth; to the people in his florida district... please do the country a big favor, and send this pompous "know-it-all" out the door this November.

September 10, 2010 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  13. criscocorner

They are lying about Allan Grayson! Allan Grayson for President in 2012!

September 10, 2010 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  14. Keith in Austin

I hope Floridians put this obese windbag in the unemployment line this November. The rancorous hate he has expressed in the past has forged a unified opinion that he is nothing but a political hack and an embarrasment to Congress! Rid Grayson and his ilk from re-election for the good of our Country, Florida!

September 10, 2010 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  15. Grundoon

I love this guy's straight forward approach but I haven't hear anythign from/about him in a while. You go Greyson!! He should not have backed down from the K-Street whore comment becuase he was right on about that woman. She's paid to say what she says and therefore is a walking political commercial.

September 10, 2010 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  16. Chad from Tampa

This guy is a whack-job.

September 10, 2010 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  17. geecee

I am not a resident of Florida, but I sure wish this country had more Congressman like Alan Grayson. This guy speaks the truth and isn't afraid to hurt anyone's feelings. He tells it like it is. He has guts and he gives the Republicants H*** on a regular basis, and they deserve it! Just wish more Democrats would step up and tell the American people what needs to be said instead of tip-toeing around the tulips like a bunch of fools. We need to get the Democrats out there and vote this year in the mid-terms like never before. We cannot allow the Republicants to take over Congress. Their main objective is to destroy President Obama's presidency and we can't let that happen. He has too much to do that will benefit America in the long term. Get out and VOTE, don't be complacent, lazy and stupid!!

September 10, 2010 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  18. stela-fl

He's like the gooooooooo get em tiger commercials. I like him he's great! Stands tall and smart. No joke intended!

September 10, 2010 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  19. gt

this dufus and his 15 minutes of fame... what a joke..see ya ..dirt bag

September 10, 2010 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  20. Right Leaning Independent

A perfect example of a Wacko Liberal!!

September 10, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  21. Snow

Come on, it's time this clown was sent back to his home town but somehow, I doubt they want him back. How did this idiot ever get elected even from a liberal portion of Florida escapes reason.

September 10, 2010 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  22. Tom McB

As a recovering Republican, I'm happy to say I support Grayson. He's one of the reason's I left the party. Yes, I voted for Bush once, because that's what "good" Rebubs. did; vote party line. But after his first term, I was't happy with where the party was heading. I certainly can't relate to where it is today. Shame on me for sticking to party lines and not the issues; my family was Repub and that's what I knew. The Repub. party has been hijacked by the extreme right. Far from perfect, at least the Dems fight for the middle class; they just have to fight harder & tougher, like Grayson does.

September 10, 2010 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  23. Ron in Califonia

This story sounded like a campaign ad for Grayson. Not objective journlism in my view. Grayson is one of those say anything Liberals who attack anyone who disagress with them with lies and halfthruths. I hope he loses.

September 10, 2010 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  24. B in FL

Grayson is a mover & shaker....he knows how to get things done. He will win again!!

September 10, 2010 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  25. Fair is Fair

Of all of the 435 seats being contested... with the possible exception of San Fran Nan... there is no one I would like to see defeated more that this sorry excuse. Methinks a check to his opponent is in order.

September 10, 2010 10:37 am at 10:37 am |