September 13th, 2010

Michael Moore for White House chief of staff?

(CNN) – If White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel leaves Washington to run for mayor in his hometown of Chicago, liberal filmmaker Michael Moore says he knows who could take his place: himself.

"I'm just willing to come in," Moore told Wolf Blitzer on Monday on CNN's The Situation Room.

"I'll work there everyday, I'll get up with Obama, we'll get up at six in the morning, I'll help light a fire under him, we'll get going, we'll get the job that needs to get done," Moore breathlessly said. "We'll stand up for the American people, stand up for the working people, have some guts. And that's what I think we need."

Filed under: Michael Moore • Rahm Emanuel
  1. NoFanofMoore

I hope he is selected to the be the next WHCS. That way the fat pig is not making any of his sick movies for 2 years.

September 13, 2010 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  2. George Rogers

Beautiful. Just what we need. A total left wing idiot running the country.
    Might as well. There is obviously nobody else in the cabinet that has a clue about economics. I've always been a huge fan and supporter of the U S of A but I now despair.....

September 13, 2010 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  3. Benjamin

Even if you disagree with him, Moore is a incredibly talented film maker (and if you do disagree with him, you probably hate how effective his films are). But Moore is not a politiican, he doesn't know how to work D.C. to get the Whie House agenda accompolished. What a stupid idea it would be to have him be chief.

September 13, 2010 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  4. Richard

Sounds good to me – connecting Obama to the working class.

September 13, 2010 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  5. tnusagirl

Please tell me this is a joke. Moore is a moron!!

September 13, 2010 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  6. Katie W

I could not agree more, I think that Michael Moore has alot to contribute to this country. He has shown strength in the face of adversity, he has stood up for citizens of this country when much of our government was not doing their job. He is despised by much of "wealthy corporate america" but so is our wonderful President Obama. Find some place for him in the current administration, any place. :)

September 14, 2010 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  7. Desmond in Canada

Michael Moore is just what the doctor ordered to heavy kick some US butt staring with that pathetic "newt's". But, of course, he does not expect to be chosen

September 14, 2010 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  8. Barb

He's dead on about needing someone with guts. Guts to stand up for the American people. Fix the border the way it should be fixed. Sorry, you might not get the Hispanic votes. Take power away from the insurance and pharmaceutical companies. Sorry, you might not be set for life. Do the things that will really make a difference and the hell with getting re-elected or filthy rich. Make it your job to do it right the first time. It's your job. It's what's expected of you. Set standards that have never been set before. Start working for the American middle class. Show us what doing for the will of the people is all about versus working for self interests. The word politician is a joke. It's not about doing for the people it's all about doing for yourself and assuring that your pockets jingle into your retirement years.

Hey, if Mr. Moore can make that happen I'm behind him all the way.

September 14, 2010 12:13 am at 12:13 am |
  9. Realistic

Seriously?? This guy is an idiot. I am sure he'll get up at 6 a.m. and he'll have the White House staff cook 700 sausage biscuits with 400 lbs. of eggs and then as the food runs out down his chin, he'll tell Obama how we are all just little poor worker bees who don't know what's best for ourselves and he has all the answers. I like how they said "breathlessly", as in too fat and lost his breath just speaking a simple sentence. Apparantly he's also too stupid to realize just because he is master of the political documentaries and drive thru ordering, he doesn't have any practical experience in running anything. I got it, he can be the type 2 diabetes Czar!

September 14, 2010 12:13 am at 12:13 am |
  10. sally

Michael Moore in the Whitehouse? Nah. He should stay on the sidelines making his films. He's way too controversial for a political post.

September 14, 2010 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  11. Zeh

This is got to be a joke.

Regardless, it is quite funny.

September 14, 2010 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  12. Fahrenheit 9/11=Lies

Very little is getting done now with Rahm, but nothing would get accomplished with this nutcase as Chief of Staff. If Michael Moore plans to wake up with Obama at 6 and start 'standing up' for the American working people, he wont be upright until noon.

September 14, 2010 12:26 am at 12:26 am |
  13. mad as Hell

If u wan to help people give your .money away. your bunch haS given mine away

September 14, 2010 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  14. yasmine

Mr Moore..the President is not a puppet..

September 14, 2010 01:32 am at 1:32 am |
  15. deli

That will be great Mr Moore. u surely will be the bEst condidate for the job. i think u will do a great deal of the job and please i urge u to place Ram if he choose to run for the chicaco mayor.

September 14, 2010 02:13 am at 2:13 am |
  16. Dan

Give me a break!

September 14, 2010 02:16 am at 2:16 am |
  17. malabar

Thats the only way i cud ever feel sorry 4 President Obama, if he had to wake up to that beastly, hairy, walking heart attack every morning.

September 14, 2010 03:34 am at 3:34 am |