September 13th, 2010

Michael Moore for White House chief of staff?

(CNN) – If White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel leaves Washington to run for mayor in his hometown of Chicago, liberal filmmaker Michael Moore says he knows who could take his place: himself.

"I'm just willing to come in," Moore told Wolf Blitzer on Monday on CNN's The Situation Room.

"I'll work there everyday, I'll get up with Obama, we'll get up at six in the morning, I'll help light a fire under him, we'll get going, we'll get the job that needs to get done," Moore breathlessly said. "We'll stand up for the American people, stand up for the working people, have some guts. And that's what I think we need."

Filed under: Michael Moore • Rahm Emanuel
  1. PaulMofATL

"We'll stand up for the American people, stand up for the working people, have some guts."

There is no shortage of gut on that bag of self promoting crap.

September 13, 2010 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  2. Jon

I have a better idea... He can be the "Health Czar" and preach to us on how to "eat healthy".

September 13, 2010 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  3. howie

HOW. could anyone in their right mind believe that this is really a remote possibility. When I read it I laughed for ten minutes, then, I said to myself, with wild things happening to the democrats, it could really be possible. This is truely unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!

September 13, 2010 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  4. HorkusMac

This would be Moore's first real job outside of MakeBelieve Land. He'd last 10 minutes.

September 13, 2010 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  5. shammus

this would be great, obama could finally get off his tail and start doing what michael moore wants him too! with this, the repubs would be doomed in november DO IT FOR THE WORKING MAN

September 13, 2010 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  6. Kevin

If President Obama was dumb enough to bring in Micheal Moore than it would send a message to Americans and to the world that our country is not to be taken seriously.

September 13, 2010 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  7. GonzoinHouston

Michael Moore is the Rush Limbaugh of the left.

September 13, 2010 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  8. northwest florida

He has my vote!

September 13, 2010 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  9. Bob C

Oh great. The Sarah Palin of the left opens his mouth and dribble pours out.

September 13, 2010 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  10. kar

Call me crazy...but I'd actually like to see that. I trust him..more than the dil-holes in office now. I saw his documentary on Capitalism..and I really believe he cares about average working people. He comes from that.

September 13, 2010 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  11. annie

Fantastic! A no brainer You are just what we need..Go for it !

September 13, 2010 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  12. jimimo

Great idea! I voted for Obama with the hope that things can change. We need champions for American workers, not politicians owned by lobbyists. Business as usual will not is not going to help.

September 13, 2010 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  13. Smokey

Sure, get Michael in there and then put a fence around the place. Most of the lunatics in the country will then be controlled.

September 13, 2010 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  14. Kenny

I consider myself to be a bit of a liberal, but if Michael Moore were to get a position in the WH, it would be a new all time low for American politics. I realize that most politicians are sleazy douche bags, but Michael Moore, seriously?

September 13, 2010 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  15. Uncle Sam

MIchael Moore would be great, his docudramas are just what this administration stands for. Choose an enemy spin the the truth and make it seem oh so factual without any actual evidence to back up your claims.

September 13, 2010 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  16. sb

I don't doubt but what Moore would get things done, but he'd probably make a lot of enemies in the process. But maybe that's what Obama needs. I appreciate all Obama has done amid the total mess he inherited, but he has not been the dynamo I'd hoped he would be. But I also realize that this recession is probably worse than any other I've seen, and it's not going to turn around overnight. And the Republicans putting party over country certainly hasn't helped.

September 13, 2010 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  17. Aaron

The guy has made some good, eye-opening movies, but he is a bit of a loon. He's like a left-wing version of Palin.

September 13, 2010 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  18. Charlie, NJ

What a complete loser!

September 13, 2010 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  19. Rick

That Fat Slob couldnt do any worse than Rahm Emanuel . 2 more years and these Lefty idiots are out anyway.

September 13, 2010 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  20. anonymous

as a proud democrat, i shudder to think of the day.

September 13, 2010 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  21. pat

If wishes only came true...

September 13, 2010 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  22. Erica

Michael Moore is an exceptional movie producer and film maker. He tells it like it is and they don't have a job like that in Washington. To bad the people can not vote on that position, he would get alot of votes I am sure of that.

September 13, 2010 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  23. Jamie

Gee, Michael Moore promoting himself.......what a shock.

September 13, 2010 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  24. niremetal

The sad thing is that fatso doesn't realize what a joke that is.

September 13, 2010 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  25. JD in KC

And after that Lindsey Lohan for surgeon General. That obese slob can't tie his own shoes much less be a Chief of Staff.

September 13, 2010 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |