September 13th, 2010

Michael Moore for White House chief of staff?

(CNN) – If White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel leaves Washington to run for mayor in his hometown of Chicago, liberal filmmaker Michael Moore says he knows who could take his place: himself.

"I'm just willing to come in," Moore told Wolf Blitzer on Monday on CNN's The Situation Room.

"I'll work there everyday, I'll get up with Obama, we'll get up at six in the morning, I'll help light a fire under him, we'll get going, we'll get the job that needs to get done," Moore breathlessly said. "We'll stand up for the American people, stand up for the working people, have some guts. And that's what I think we need."

Filed under: Michael Moore • Rahm Emanuel
  1. Chris

HAHAHA, please, Obama, take him up on this and ensure you lose the '12 election by a landslide!

September 13, 2010 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  2. Patriot

At least America could survive with Michael Moore. It would be lights out if Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck or Palin was Chief of Staff, regardless of which party was in power.

September 13, 2010 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  3. Padraig

Fearless leader with the village idiot. Perfect pair, a match made in heaven.

September 13, 2010 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  4. Uncle Sam

Michael Moore fits right in this administration. Long on talk short on facts like his docudramas.

September 13, 2010 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  5. grayfoxes

Why Not..I trust Michael a whole lot more than these tea partiers!!!

September 13, 2010 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  6. Tim in Syracuse

Uh...no. Thanks for the resume but don't call us, we'll call you.

September 13, 2010 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  7. Tim Doogan

Hi-larious! Why not?

September 13, 2010 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  8. Karl in Charleston,SC

Michael Moore is irrelavent.

September 13, 2010 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  9. Ben

You have GOT to be kidding me!! Any of you Libs dumb enough to think this is actually a good idea? If so, you need to NEVER set foot in a voting booth ever again.

September 13, 2010 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  10. Leon J. Swartzentruber

I always thought Micheal Moore wasn't too bright but now I know he is delusional.

September 13, 2010 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  11. mjt36

That would make 2 idiots in the White House with no experience.

September 13, 2010 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  12. Billy Bob

Mike, your delusions cease to amaze me. You represent no one.

September 13, 2010 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  13. Denny

Just what we need. Not!

September 13, 2010 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  14. RB from Seattle

This fool is not fit to man a Honey Bucket, much less anything of importance.

September 13, 2010 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  15. G"NO"P

i seriously hope so..then he can help President Obama get the public option for health care

September 13, 2010 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  16. apri

That would be a dream come true, to say the least. MM would be able to differentiate between the corrupt and the well intended. Maybe he could shed some light on those who have "special interests" and those who truly have good intentions. Get Monsanto out of the EPA, for instance. God bless Michael Moore.

September 13, 2010 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  17. USA

This is a great idea...!
    Michael Moore is qualified for the post.
    it will be a more honest, progressive and intelligent goverment.

September 13, 2010 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  18. laurafromwillis

Mr. Moore, you brought this old woman a lot of smiles today. I was watching Wolfe Blitzer, and when I heard you were coming on, I was delighted.

Thanks so much for saying what many of us feel, in a way that makes one know that it's the RIGHT way to feel. It SHOULD be the ONLY way to feel.
    Perhaps, not in my lifetime, but hopefully in yours. As a fellow Catholic, I am sure you are familiar with:
    LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH...AND LET IT BEGIN WITH ME..
    At the request of one of my late brothers, the Hymn was sung at his funeral, in 1997.
    I wish to have it @mine too!
    :) I like to think, that I will have made a DENT by then.!

My best to you,
    Laura

September 13, 2010 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  19. Michael

Come on guys, let's be connected to reality and actually report what is news, not this. Soon, we'll be looking fort CNN at the end of the checkout aisle. This is entertainment tonight...

September 13, 2010 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  20. wbn

If only! He would be a conservative's dream in the White House–especially if he could get in just before the fall elections. However, he would not stay long; he loves Castro and Cuba and communism so much, he might move there anytime soon. Oh, I forgot–he wouldn't make any money there, he couldn't shoot off his mouth there, and he couldn't get enough rich foods there to maintain his personal diet. Oh, well, as I say, at least we would have him in the administration where his looney-tunes thoughts could finally be revealed for the failed ideas they really are.

September 13, 2010 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |
  21. ThinkAgain

I so appreciate Michael Moore's passion and commitment to the working people of our country, but don't think he's the best fit for Chief of Staff :).

Thanks for thinking of us, though!

September 13, 2010 11:43 pm at 11:43 pm |
  22. wr

Why not? Moore plays fast and loose with the truth and tries to silence opposition. He's a perfect fit for this administration.

September 13, 2010 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  23. Tony

That would just be AWESOME!!! I so hope that this happens!

(If you haven't guessed, I'm a conservative ;)

September 13, 2010 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  24. DaveinDenver

Give me a break, this guy would still be eating breakfast at 11:30, only finishing in time to start lunch at 11:45. This idiot just needs to go away, he is one step below Rush Limbach.

September 13, 2010 11:49 pm at 11:49 pm |
  25. farr

Michael Moore, what kind of joker are you?

I cant believe CNN even gives air time to Michale Moore re the 'Ground Zero' mosque. It's obvious that he does not want to actually help Muslim-Americans or to generally promote peace for anyone.

His proposed fundraiser is just a publicity stunt to draw attention to his own movie projects-and other notions-which promote himself as a celebrity. It is clear that Moore desires his own celebrity above all else, and is main reason why he has now latched onto using a Muslim civil rights issue in order to promote himself and not civil rights. Before the 'Ground Zero' mosque issue came up, Moore never cared about Muslim-Americans civil rights.

Really CNN, why did you have to use valuble news time to give Moore a huge free advertisement?

September 13, 2010 11:51 pm at 11:51 pm |