September 13th, 2010

Palin robocall for Christine O'Donnell

Sarah Palin has taped a last-minute robo-call for Delaware Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell.

Lewes, Delaware (CNN) - Sarah Palin is taking on the GOP establishment again.

"I can relate to the vicious personal attacks on Christine and can tell you it's sad to see the establishment's desperation in this," the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee says in a new robocall and radio ad taped for Delaware Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell who she endorsed last week.

O'Donnell is the insurgent tea-party backed candidate who is now giving the state's best known Republican, Representative Mike Castle, a run for his money in the primary. O'Donnell won the endorsement of the Tea Party Express this summer and both Palin and Senator Jim DeMint threw their support behind her campaign in the last few days.

The O'Donnell campaign has bought time to broadcast the Palin robocall on the radio. In it Palin says "a wave of positive change can really sweep across our land with the election of Constitutional conservatives like Christine who promise to use common sense and rein in federal government spending." She urges listeners to vote on Tuesday insisting, "We just can't afford more of the same in Washington and Christine will help usher in the real change that we need."

As money has poured in to O'Donnell's campaign and she's closed ground with Castle, she's come under heavy attack. She's been accused of personal financial problems and the state GOP filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission alleging the O'Donnell campaign coordinated with a tea party PAC. The O'Donnell campaign denies that charge.

Sarah Palin has also recorded a robocall for the establishment-backed Republican Senate candidate Kelly Ayotte in New Hampshire, among others.

Filed under: 2010 • Christine O'Donnell • Delaware • Sarah Palin
  1. ex-repulican since McCain picked Palin

WONDERFUL CNN, Keep up with the Palin Plague stories cause the more she is in the public, the more we find out what and who she really is and the less we like her. She is going to be so useless for the GOP come 2012, they won't even whisper her name. Someone asked why we make such negative comments about her. The reason is, we can see right thru her and her hate filled agenda, she says what the Obama haters want to hear, she lies, is phoney, (remember the lady in Alaska with the sign?), will not take questions without knowing what they are cause she does not have a clue.

September 13, 2010 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  2. Peter s

I guess she has bigger cojone than the GOP establishment!! oops I just forget she just need to change diapers fpr the 79 old guy and she gets a mega platform to spew her jibberish.

September 13, 2010 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  3. Corey, Maryland

I hope she wins!! Because if she does, then the Democrat will beat her in November!

September 13, 2010 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  4. frag

Dear Sarah, you don't know what desperation is, just wait until November.

September 13, 2010 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  5. Al-NY,NY

Playing the gender card...again Failin Palin? Only when it suits her. What a hypocrite

September 13, 2010 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  6. GI Joe

Hang up as soon as the shrilla from wasilla says "HI". God, she's annoying.

September 13, 2010 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  7. Marry

If Palin endorses a candidate it is high time that the voters think hard and long if the candidate is worth their vote. Because if the candidate has any of Palin’s “standards” and “qualities” you know the candidate presented wants you to vote against your very own interests. Don’t be fooled!

September 13, 2010 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  8. All the news that is fit to omit

You feminazi's must really hate this duo of women all SELF MADE and not holding or running for office because their husband was president or some other office holder.............................................

Beautiful, smart, popular and self made, certainly NO Democrats can stake claim to all of those qulaifications.

I love it, see you in November.

September 13, 2010 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  9. darth phalic, ca.

why don't these two beautiful heterosexual women
    just go away. Give me a woman with a beard any day.
    Go democrats in 2012.

September 13, 2010 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  10. Shucks

Palin live or Robocall? What's the difference. If she had to speak in a continuous sentence or paragraph she would have to have six hands.

September 13, 2010 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  11. Thank You Palin

Palin I don't like you at all for your intellect (or should I say for your complete lack of intellect)

But I love how as a Republican, you're taking on the Republican establishment and supporting non-establishment candidates.

As a Democrat, I love nothing more than you doing that.

But please run for 2012. I'd love to see you make a fool of yourself and be revealed for the stupid idiot that you really are. I hope that when you don't win the Republican nomination, in your ever quest for money and fame (white trash) you run as an Independent. And I hope that you fracture the Republican vote. That way, my man Obama can cruise to his 2nd term.

September 13, 2010 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  12. Dave

I hope they both lose thier races. Then we can hear about how wonderful Sarah is and how good she is at picking losers

September 13, 2010 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  13. Marissa

I never better answer my phone and hear a robocall from this hypocritcal narcissist. I will call my nearest Republican party and my language went be pretty.

September 13, 2010 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  14. Ain't life strange?

It doesn't matter what my political affiliation is, but the character of these tea bagger supported candidates is down right scary. Hey, bringing down spending, smaller government, less corruption are all great ideals if you believe that's what the country needs. Still, its all the ancillary nut case opinions they have that have me worried. SS is a gov't handout? I'm sorry... I thought that was a retirement plan I've been paying into my whole life. And, dito on unemployment. Its refered to as 'insurance' and all workers pay into it every pay check. And they accuse those collecting unemployment of being lazy and not wanting to work. Did you ever try to live on unemployment benefits?? Anyone who is collecting I'm sure wishes they could find work and get off it. What about "second ammendment solutions" to representitives in gov't who don't fall in line with what these whack jobs believe?? America... if you vote these people in you'll be begging for a return to the not too distant past.

September 13, 2010 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  15. freethought

Don't you miss the good old days when Sarah was against robocalls. Who knows? Maybe she'll change her opinion on abortion as well?

September 13, 2010 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  16. T'SAH from Virginia

She says THIS in a robocall?????

Who's attacking O'Donnell?? Isn't it her party that's fighting and attacking her?

You know – you can't even get angry with this because the RepubliCAN'Ts are suffering in the mess they have created!!! In the end – they will all get BEAT by Democrats in November!!!

DEMOCRATS – STATE the CASE – UNITE the BASE and WIN THIS RACE in Novermber!!

My name is T'SAH and I approve this message – unlike the other PERP who is using my name to post on CNN Tickers!!!

September 13, 2010 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  17. Snow

It is not about if you are a democrat or a republican, it is about voting for the true conservative candidate running. Less government,less spending and returning to the constitutional rule of law. That is what this election is about.

September 13, 2010 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  18. Anthony IN DALLAS

What does the half term governor of Alaska have to say to the true Americans? she should first go learn about been A True American, a True Patriotic American, World current affairs and stop seeing Russia from the skies of her wasilla ill-gotten home.

September 13, 2010 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  19. GOP Scorched Earth Politics

Christine sounds like a real troll insulting her party's candidate with words of hate and petty insults. Just the fact Palin endorses her is reason enough to be skeptical of her credentials.

September 13, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  20. Lori in St Pete

Has anyone noticed how much o'donnell looks like The Kids in the Hall's Dave Foley in drag? Better check her out – she may be Canadian!

As for dim bulb barbie, I want to see HER birth certificate. Trying to listen to her speak or reading one of the twit's tweets and it' apparant to anyone with more than two brain cells that English isn't her first language. I wanna see her birth certificate – the long form version, whatever that is.

September 13, 2010 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  21. jnapoli@hansonbridgett.com

Palin is the establishment at its worst ... wonder how much she made at her pay to attend event re 9/11... a true partriot making money off the tragedy

September 13, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  22. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Keep endorsing these right wing extremist and destroy the republican party Silly Sarah. All you are doing is setting them up for failure because they will lose in the general election. If Tea-tard candidates get elected to Congress, I don't see how anything in Washington will get accomplished since they are so far to the right and they won't negotiate with democrats. The death of the republican party is drawing nearer.

September 13, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  23. Laverne

It seems to me Palin is endorsing anybody that is female whether they have a good track record or not. That is not a reason to vote for someone as was said according to many that African Americans voted for Obama because he is black. I agree, we need more women in politics, but we need competent, good leaders FIRST, whether they be male or female. Sarah Palin is such an idiot and an uneducated one at that!

September 13, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  24. svscnn

I knew Sarah Palin was actually a robot!

September 13, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  25. Justin

I like Mike Castle, from what I know of him. Still, I hope O'Donnell wins the primary so the Dems can hold on to this Senate seat.

September 13, 2010 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |