September 14th, 2010

Clinton's a busy man

Former President Clinton heads to Minnesota Tuesday to campaign for former Sen. Mark Dayton, his third campaign stop of the day.

(CNN) – Earlier we told you about former President Bill Clinton's two stops in Ohio Tuesday for fellow Democrat Ted Strickland. The Ohio governor faces a tough bid for re-election this year against former Rep. John Kasich, the Republican nominee.

But after those stops in Columbus and Cleveland, the former president heads to Minnesota, where he'll be the main attraction at a fundraiser Tuesday evening for former Sen. Mark Dayton, the Democrat's nominee for governor.

Dayton lands another high profile visitor early next month, when Vice President Biden teams up with him on October 5.

The Republican gubernatorial nominee, Tom Emmer, also has some big names helping him out. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, joined the state lawmaker at an event Monday night.

The winner of the November 2 general election will succeed Republican Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who decided against running for a third term and is considered a likely candidate for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination.

Filed under: 2010 • Bill Clinton
  1. gt

when is bill going to south carolina to help out and give his blessing..

September 14, 2010 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  2. Mutt

Clinton is a busy MAN.......Oh yea I bet he is............ok thats it! I'm not biting.

September 14, 2010 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  3. Rick McDaniel

He is probably getting paid very well.

September 14, 2010 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  4. Cigar Man

Busy running his mouth. There ought to be an ethics violation in there somewhere when your wife is sec of state and you are supported by foreign interest.He needs to find a hobby, oh I forgot about monica.

September 14, 2010 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  5. Bill

This is a bonanza for Ole Bill ... so many women so little time .... and they are all over the place.

September 14, 2010 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  6. Sniffit

"I will take an association with job creating big business any day over the Dems association with job killing unions!!!"

Translation: "I am a compliant indentured servant waving my lubed toosh in the air. Please, pay me whatever you want and make me work however many hours you want. I don't need those health and retirement benefits either, so please, just pay your CEO, CFO, COO and Board a few more million each. You're so big and strong and shiny, control large segments of the economy and have purchased most of our elected officials, so I'm willing to accept that if I don't just bend over and do as I'm told, you'll find some other shmuck to do my job for subsistence pay and send me packing...even if it means sending all your American workers packing and moving our jobs to Indonesia or some other country that won't bother you with regulations that require you to treat your fellow humans like something other than cattle."

September 14, 2010 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  7. diridi

America needs him...otherwise, evil GOP thugs will bad mouth and mess this nation like a hell again....pres. clinton, thanks...

September 14, 2010 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  8. marcia

a busy man who just won't go away!

September 14, 2010 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  9. Rachel

Not to mention he's going to Ireland and he has CGI this month. Keep busy Bubba it keeps you out of trouble.

September 14, 2010 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  10. Willie Boy

Ole slicks on the trail and huntin' hard. With his background I don't see how he could seem trustworthy to anyone but a total moron.

September 14, 2010 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  11. BIG NAME?

Bobby Jindal?? Big name?? Ha..CNN...you' ve lost it. Take a survey and see how many people in Minnesota know Bobby Jindal.
    Take another one and see how many know Bill Clinton.
    No wonder CNN has become irrelevant.

September 14, 2010 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  12. On Board

Actually Anne P., I should have said most of America is fed up. Except for people like you. Yes, I have answers to the problems in this country, but I won't waste time explaining them to you, as they would be too complex of a concept for your mind to grasp.And also I do know what socialism is as I have been in a few countries that embrace it as a way of life. If things keep going in this direction America may soon be one of these countries.

September 14, 2010 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  13. csh

Bill Clinton = Best President EVER

September 14, 2010 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  14. King

Clinton got to stay busy the repugs have poison the water with obama. They claim this is a capitalist country. Yet they bitch about tax break for the rich. You cannot keep taking money out of the system and giving to the rich for them to keep on investing abroad. Or using it as bargaining chip to hold the economy as hostage because they want more tax break. Clinton kept taxes high to circulate the money in the system to grow the economy. Bush came with tax break taking trillions of dollars out the system and put it in the rich hand, who then invested their tax break money abroad and use what left as bargain chip to hold economy growth hostage. Tax them obama.

September 14, 2010 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |