September 14th, 2010

Small biz jobs bill passes key test vote

New York (CNNMoney.com) - The Senate voted Tuesday to move the $42 billion Small Business Jobs Act forward, bringing the bill one step closer to passage.

The bill passed a key test vote 61 to 37. A final vote is expected later this week. If the bill does pass a final Senate vote, it would still have to go back to the House of Representatives before it could hit the President's desk.

The measure is expected to create 500,000 jobs, according to a summary of the bill from the Senate.

The House passed its own version of the bill nearly three months ago. But the bill met opposition in the Senate. President Obama has been lobbying really hard to push the Senate to move on the bill.

Full Story

Filed under: CNNMoney.com • issues • Jobs • Senate
  1. Nando

Keep up the pressure Mr . President in the end the American Taliban
    AKA the GOP !!! Will only fail in the end we are with you and stand by you !

September 14, 2010 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  2. water bearer

Hmmm let me guess. The 37 nay votes . . . .all Republican? I'd bet on it! TeaPublicans do not want middle class Americans to thrive!

September 14, 2010 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  3. Bo/Framingham, MA

I am so upset with the GOP in the senate. All of this stalling and playing games talking about spending, but showed no discipline when they were in power. Stop demonizing the President.

September 14, 2010 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  4. kat

As a small biz owner, It really doesn't matter to me how many plans they come up with under this administration. I still don't have enough confidence in what they'll do next. I'm still waiting to see what their fabulous healthcare plan is going to cost. These idiots don't have a clue how to run a small business and be profitable. They just want to condemn people for working hard and being successful.

September 14, 2010 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  5. D. Bunker

I predict the GOBP will create some lame reasons to oppose the bill, since they can't possibly allow a law that might reflect well on the Dems. Party Before Country has been the GOBP slogan since Americans elected Obama.

September 14, 2010 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |