September 17th, 2010

Obama names Warren as special adviser

ALT TEXT

President Obama appointed Elizabeth Warren to a key role crafting the consumer financial protection bureau . (PHOTO CREDIT: Erika Dimmler/CNN)

Washington (CNNMoney.com) – President Obama announced Friday that he's appointing Harvard law professor Elizabeth Warren to a key role crafting the consumer financial protection bureau that was her idea in the first place.

"Getting the agency off the ground is a task that can't wait," Obama said. Warren "is the best person to stand this agency up...it only make sense that she should be the architect," he added.

Warren, 61, said she "enthusiastically agreed" to serve as a special adviser in the Obama administration, in a blog post appearing on the White House Website."He has also asked me to take on the job to get the new CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) started right now," Warren said. "The President and I are committed to the same vision on CFPB, and I am confident that I will have the tools I need to get the job done."

Full Story

Filed under: Elizabeth Warren • issues • President Obama
  1. Bill

Yet another Czar put in place by the great himself to screw the masses.

September 17, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  2. leo PA

You did the right thing

September 17, 2010 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  3. Observer

Mr President, you finally gets it. I voted for you and was rather concerned that you have spent so much time over the last 18 months pleaseing Republicans and forgetting why we voted for you. Elizabeth Warren is the best choice that you have made thus far.

She is smart and makes every woman proud.

September 17, 2010 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  4. D. Bunker

Elizabeth Warren is a great litmus test to detect GOBPbagger hypocrisy. They CLAIM to be opposed to the Wall St. bailouts. If so, they should support Warren, who has fought harder than anyone to take Wall St. down a peg. Oh wait, you mean the teatards don't really hate Wall St. as much as they claim? What a surprise. I wonder if all that money from billionaires like the Koch brothers have anything to do with this.

September 17, 2010 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  5. Tony 140

Another Harvard professor!!!!!!!!!! Don't tell me – she is just a bit LEFT of center or better yet – LEFT of Mars.

September 17, 2010 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |