September 28th, 2010

Palin booed on 'Dancing With the Stars'?

(CNN) - It's the question the political world is asking after Bristol Palin's debut on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" Monday: Was her famous mother booed by the live studio audience?

That's what appeared to be the case when boos clearly became audible as questioner Brooke Burke was wrapping up an interview with another contestant on the show.

"There's booing in the ballroom - we don't know why," said Burke.

The show then immediately cut to host Tom Bergeron, who was seen sitting next to Palin, about to interview the former Alaska governor.

"I'm here with guest ballroom commentator Sarah Palin, who joins us from Alaska. Sarah, great to have you here," said Bergeron, making no mention of the boos, which had stopped by the time Palin's face was on camera.

Speaking with the Washington Post, the show's executive producer, Conrad Green, said he wasn't sure why the audience was booing. But he doubted it was for Palin, noting that the audience stopped booing when she actually appeared on camera.

"That's my guess, I can't say for sure," he said.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Scottish Mama

Yeah. Some of America with their wits about them. I think it happens more than you think.
    I was outside waiting to get in when Bush came to the Old Busch Stadium and he was booed quite loudly. But when they played it that night they had to of played a applause track over the boo's.

September 28, 2010 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  2. BOB

I wouldn't doubt it. We expect our politicians to be a certain way and we are just as rude as they are.

September 28, 2010 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  3. citizenUSA

The article decribes exactly what my wife and saw and heard. If there is no other reason for the booing, the most reasonable answer must be true. ABC either stopped the audience from booing or they became polite once the cameras were on Palin. Ignoring it made the reason we think the booing was for, was just as bad as if they tried to make some lame excuse. It's OK to boo someone but this was not the place to do it and it was very disrespectful.

September 28, 2010 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  4. Brian

Maybe she was booed before going on camera, since my guess would be that she arrived maybe 30 seconds before her spot was to air? It's not like she'd take away from her ego to actually watch her daughter on that show.

September 28, 2010 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  5. SayWhat

I am surprised that Princess Palin would venture out in public where she might have to answer a question. I guess the honor of being a "guest ballroom commentator" was just too great to resist. I wonder how much it paid?

September 28, 2010 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  6. Chas in Iowa

As Bill Cosby would say,.......rrrriiiiigggghhhhttttt

September 28, 2010 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  7. Tiffany

She was not booed.

September 28, 2010 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  8. TIna

She should be boo'd, why are the Palin's getting more attention then the othe contenstants? Please, even the judges cant be critical because they are so hypnotized by the Palin's.

September 28, 2010 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  9. mainstream

I'd boo her. I am sick of her and I know I'm not the only one.

September 28, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  10. Land of Pawlenty NOT

I guess thats what happens when she leaves the Right Wing World of Faux News and enters the real world.

September 28, 2010 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  11. David

My guess: the audience was indeed booing her. The producer doesn't know why? Yeah, right.

September 28, 2010 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  12. Dan Beach

Sure they weren't booing her (Palin R-Twitter)....even though it is a mindless show it is not "Fox"...and as delusional as the free press is about her influence....I cannot think of one person I know who likes what she stands for(which is herself) she has become a laughing stock....panderer....it is profitable

September 28, 2010 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  13. TangledThorns

Lamestream media strikes again. Notice how they use a question mark so it frees them from accountability? The boo'ing was at the judges over Jennifer Grey's scores and not at Sarah Palin.

September 28, 2010 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  14. Tony

The boos weren’t heard because the directors decided to filter them out, not because they actually stopped. Goes to show there are people with brains in the DWTS audience after all.

September 28, 2010 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  15. hankswabbo

Where does this show tape? Seems like an important "clue" – if California, methinks there's a pretty good chance the boos were indeed for Sarah Moosebreath.

September 28, 2010 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  16. ABM

Clearly she was BOOOOed. ABC is just trying to get a boost in ratings by engaging with people like her. There is no place for that divisive liar & domestic terrorist in this country. Why her daughter is on the show is still beyond me – what is her contribution to stardom? Oh she made an appearance on an ABC Family (all-white) show.

September 28, 2010 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  17. NothingNew

Too funny – edit out the boos and what do you have left? "I don't know why people were booing. They all the sudden stopped when Sarah came on"

Too funny. Because after all, we are all idiots and believe what the networks show us. Something about "mind control".

September 28, 2010 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  18. Sam

I am not a Palin fan...but no reason to boo her when she came to support her daughter...especially if she was not talking politics.

September 28, 2010 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  19. Michael in Houston

Golly gosh Mr Green....do you suppose the booing had anything at all to do with how profoundly disliked Sarah Palin and her family are by the vast majority of people in this country?

September 28, 2010 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  20. Richard Puente

It's a good reality check... not everybody thinks your all that missy... The Cain pony is out of sight now

September 28, 2010 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  21. EDDIE

I turned it off when her face appeared on tv.

September 28, 2010 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  22. Dave

That wasn't booing, that was just one of Palin's frequent gas-passings. It's a side effect of all that moose chilli.

September 28, 2010 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  23. l2thejo

I think the BOOOOS were coming from Jennifer Gray and Derricks Dance scores. The audience thought the judges scores should have been higher.

September 28, 2010 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  24. notsodumb

Get a life.... They were booing the score of the previous couple. CNN needs to let quit the Palin baiting and bashing.

September 28, 2010 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  25. Anonymous

The crowd was booing because Jennifer Grey received such low scores. It had nothing to do with Palin.

September 28, 2010 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |