(CNN) - A new Pennsylvania Senate poll shows what several others have already confirmed: Democrats are in trouble in the Keystone state.
The latest survey from Muhlenberg College shows former GOP Rep. Pat Toomey with a seven-point lead over Democratic Rep. Joe Sestak among likely voters, 46 to 39 percent.
Toomey's lead spread is consistent with several recent polls, including one from CNN and Time Magazine.
The Muhlenberg College survey also has bad news for President Obama. The president's approval rating in this key swing state now stands at an anemic 37 percent. Obama carried Pennsylvania in 2008 by 11 points, 55 to 44 percent.
The Muhlenberg poll, conducted September 18-23, surveyed 445 likely voters by telephone and carries a sampling error of plus or minus five percent.
Excellent. Hopefully the political arm of the SEIU and AFL-CIO will cease to exist after this election.
Not only are the Dems in trouble, but the whole country will be in trouble if the Republicans win.
Sestak needs to stop playing "Mr. Nice Guy" and start going for the jugular. His opponent is pulling no punches, so he needs to go on the attack with Facts, not niceties.
445 LIKELY Voters!! I'm just sayin'. Tough to get a true sampling of what's happening with 445 people!!
November can't come fast enough.
All Sestak has to do is tie Toomey to Wall St. This should be a no brainer for the people in Philly and Pittsburgh, but I don't know about the outher cities. People seem to vote agianst their best interests. I hope Pennsylvanians are smarter than that.
Stupid polls. I don't believe these biased pro-republican polls. Dems are just doing fine. Prez Obama save this economic from total collapse, turn the stock marker stronger, slowly but surely economic growth. Without his policies, the unemployment rate would be now more than 20% based on the fact the economy was losing 800,000 jobs a month when he took office. People do really have a short memory. I can't understand them. Now they want to go back to the same mistake of 8 years of GOP policies that led us in this mess that Prez Obama is cleaning and fixing slowly but surely. GOP back to the majority would be a desaster for the middle class families all accross the country. No one believes these biased and stupid pro-republican polls then. Dems will keep the house and the senate. No doubt about that.
Poll Watch: Dems in trouble in Pennsylvania???
or more accurately....
Poll Watch: Dems in trouble in EVERYWHERE
The American people have seen ENOUGH of their lunacy. In exactly 5 weeks, sanity will be restored to Congress, and to the Whitehouse in 2012.
If only Maryland would wake up! I have some hope since bluest of blue MA voted in Brown!
Dems are in trouble most places. Even the Dem voters are fed up.
Wow, I am confused. A recent commentary by Washington insider Donna Brasile (sorry if I misspelled) told us that Republicans "just don't get it!". Sounds like PA voters don't either, just like many other voters who are rattling the sabres around our country. After years of being ignored by Dems & Repubs, we have had enough. We are the people in "We The People"! What is wrong with returning to Conservative values. Are you against honesty, integrity and doing whats right for the country instead of a political party. The two party system is killing our country. Let's take steps to fix what is broken and stop spending our way into bankruptcy.
This is news???? They are in trouble everywhere!!! November is going to be a great month in a bad year!!!!
CNN... why don't you just come out with a ticker saying democrats are in trouble EVERYWHERE? Short, sweet, accurate.
Wait a minute. 46% to 39% totals 85%, meaning 15% of likely voters have not decided yet, and there is a 5% margin of error. I'm no statistician, but how does this turn into a Republican landslide? As a registered Republican PA voter, I am so tired of my party's inability to add constructively to the current political scene, I just may go in on election day and vote straight Democratic. That ought to foul up the pollsters!