September 29th, 2010

Castle write-in decision coming

ALT TEXT

(CNN) - Rep. Mike Castle just told CNN he will make a decision soon- as early as Wednesday- about whether to launch a write-in candidacy.

Castle has been contemplating the move since losing the GOP Senate primary in Delaware a few weeks ago.

But he told me he's also been leaning against it.

We spoke while walking outside of the House chamber:

Rep. Mike Castle: "I have not made a final decision but I will very soon"

Dana Bash: "Today, maybe?"

Castle: "Probably."

Bash: "Are you leaning one way or another?"

Castle: "I've always sort of leaned towards not doing it."

Filed under: Hill Hallways • Mike Castle
  1. vic, Nashville TN

Rep. Mike Castle has lead in the polls against democratic candidate so he should run

September 29, 2010 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  2. gt

go mike go !!!!

September 29, 2010 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  3. Troy Appel

He'd have a great shot of winning if he did it.

September 29, 2010 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  4. jim

anybody that will help stop Obama agenda for becomming reality is good with me. The pproblem with Coons is that he is part of that mentality of big government. He wants cap and trade legislation that would cost many American jobs.Had he been able to he would have voted for the stimulus bill ,tarp healthcare reform and financial regulation.

September 29, 2010 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  5. T'SAH from Virginia

As a WRITE IN he may pull more votes than O'Donnell but I don't think he can win now!! But, he does have a better chance in winning than Murkowski in AK. I don't know what to say now because my BASIC INSTINCT is to stay with the BASE. I know a few people in DE who also likes Castle!!! Ewww!!

One thing for sure this is Politics at its BEST and the Republicans are SCATTERED and RATTLING and RIPPING at the seams because of the Tea Party. For that reason, I'm going to stick with my BASE... so,

DEmocrats in DE – STATE the CASE and mean it – UNITE the BASE and believe in it – WIN this RACE and be proud of it in November 2010!!!

This is T'SAH – not the Impersonator – and I approve this message!!

September 29, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  6. Liberals are poison

Coons = Castle = Obama = Reid = Pelosi = failed policies = failed government = redistribution of wealth = welfare slugs = government handouts at taxpayer expense = socialism = American decline. O'Donnell = new beginings = fresh ideas =
    less government = lower taxes = more private sector jobs = lower debt = less reliance on foreign ownership of US debt =
    lower deficits = LESS Democrats and libturds.

September 29, 2010 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  7. Cheney and Armey are a couple of Dicks

jim. . .We lost 8 million jobs in Bush's last year, and cap and trade had nothing to do with it. I do admire your staying with the Glenn Beck talking points, though.

September 29, 2010 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |