September 30th, 2010

Carter discharged from hospital

(CNN) - Former President Jimmy Carter left a hospital in Cleveland, Ohio on Thursday afternoon after spending two days recovering from a gastric viral infection, the MetroHealth Medical Center said.

He will resume his schedule with a meeting this week in Washington, D.C.

Read the statement after the jump:

MetroHealth Medical Center and The Carter Center

President Carter was discharged from MetroHealth Medical Center today at 1:15 p.m., after recovering from a gastric viral infection. He will resume his schedule with a meeting this week in Washington, D.C. This long-planned event is related to Carter Center work.

He thanked his medical team at MetroHealth for the attentive and comprehensive care and treatment he received during his stay. He also again expressed his appreciation to all the members of the public who sent greetings to him.

Filed under: Jimmy Carter
  1. Marco555

Great to have you back!

September 30, 2010 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  2. Dave

So did he have a dischrge!

September 30, 2010 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  3. T'SAH from Virginia

I guess prayers were answered for a speedy recovery... Stay Well President Carter!!!

September 30, 2010 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  4. kevin

I am glad to hear that he has recovered, keep on keeping on Mr Carter!

September 30, 2010 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  5. Tommy

I never liked him, he was a terrible President but I hope he recovers quickly,that way he can continue to make himself into the clown he really is

September 30, 2010 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  6. stufit

Thank God. I want him to live to see the day he is replaced as the worst president in the history of this country by Obama. In the meantime, he can continue telling everyone how great he is. Even Clinton, the lying scumbag that he is, doesn't do that.

September 30, 2010 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  7. Ron L

Yay! One of my heros is back on his feet.... Go Jimmy

September 30, 2010 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  8. Ogas

Did carter fully recover before leaving and fixing a meeting date?

September 30, 2010 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  9. S. in California

Great. This is good news. Although I was one year too young to vote for your presidency, I still admire your courage and strength. You are what most former presidents should strive to be. Not once have you sat on the sidelines since leaving the WH. I wish you many more happy years.

Now what did Ronald do when he left the WH? Oh that's right he counted ALL the money he made while sending the middle class almost into extinction. Great job Ronald. I hope you reaped what you sowed.

September 30, 2010 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  10. Billy Bob

This ol' peanut farmer probably ate rancid airline peanuts. What with egg, beef, and lettuce contamination peanuts were bound to be next.

September 30, 2010 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |