October 8th, 2010

Palin on presidential run

(CNN) - There's further proof that former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is considering a presidential run in 2012.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Palin discussed her political ambition at a webcast taping for conservative magazine, Newsmax, on Wednesday.

"I'll run for President if the American people want me to," Palin told the live audience.

But this is not the first time Palin has addressed the issue.

"A reason to run (for president) is if nobody else were to step up with the solutions that are needed to get the economy back on the right track," Palin told Fox News in September.

And in an April interview with "100 Huntley Street," a daily Christian talk show, Palin said she would "pursue" a presidential bid if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges.

The new comments come as Palin gears up to campaign with RNC Chairman Michael Steele next week and after a so-far successful season of candidate endorsements for the midterm elections. A new CBS poll out Thursday found that 64 percent of those surveyed thought she would not make an effective president.

–CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby contributed to this report

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. Anonymous

This is a woman who resigned (from the only political office higher than mayor she has ever held) halfway through her last job, supposedly because she couldn't deal with all the criticism and ethics charges against her. How, exactly, would Sarah Paliln handle the first post-inaugural Letterman monologue? Or Congressional hearings? Or those big tactical maps in the Situation Room with all those places she's never heard of?

October 8, 2010 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  2. ej mohammed

Good I hope the re-pubs nominate her for the 2012 Presidential race maybe they can have Christine O'Donnell or Sharon Angle be her running mate. It will quite entertaining to see these tea party candidates just try and win over the hearts of liberals, minorities and educated men & woman voters in this country. When she loses by a landslide then maybe the party of no will realize that she has been the most destructive polarizing figure in their party like a milestone around their neck. After all look what happened to McCain when she came on board as VP I think he's still self destructing!.
    Charming (debatable) Shrewd (most definitely) Charismatic (Yes you can say that) Presidential material (definitely not).

Good luck Ms.(excuse me Mrs.Palin) I'm looking forward to a lot of laughs and crib notes on your hand better use both hands.
    EJ Mohammed in Tacoma

October 8, 2010 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  3. Jimbo Giggio

It must be getting near Halloween. Here's another story to scare all us little children.

BOOOO! President Palin!!!!! BOOOO!

OMG! So scary I just peed my pants!

October 8, 2010 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  4. Tanya

Four and the door: What ideas? Pray tell. I was a RINO who took my walking orders seriously. I don't need a Democrat demagogue as I was pushed more center than I ever was by the GOP making it clear they did not want the likes of me. There are many more people out there like me. Enjoy your enthusiastic base. Perhaps they are enough to make up for the people like me.

October 8, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  5. Marco

The woman walked out of the governor's mansion halfway through her term because she couldn't deal with the criticism or the ethics charges. How exactly would she handle the first post-inaugural Letterman monologue? Or a Congressional hearing? Or those big Situation Room maps with all those places she's never heard of?

October 8, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  6. biomata

I mean think about it, it's just too scary a situation. Obama's approval rating's recently hit a new low. As unlikely as it might seem, we would be just one major democratic scandal away from Sarah Palin having the nuclear codes...

October 8, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  7. kayla

run sarah run. MANNA FROM HEAVEN FOR THE DEMOCRATS.

October 8, 2010 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  8. "I Want My Country Back" Libs Go Home

Hey T'SAH from Virginia.....that is an excellent idea.....for YOU......look at the polls, your annoited one.....Obambi (and all other Liberal Dems) are WAYYyyyyyyy down in "the polls"....but I forget, you "don't believe polls" .....until they fall your way. Spoken like a true Liberal Left Wing Entitlement Receipient.....shut up and go cash your welfare check, we'll be here to keep paying for it (until we get rid of all the Lib Dems in Congress and in the WH) until there is no more credit left to get the funds to pay for your foodstamps and welfare.

October 8, 2010 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  9. Okey anozie

I think it's pretty clear that nobody (other then your splinter group of supporters) wants you to run for the WHite House or even visit the White House for that matter! Stay home and continue the process of selling out the American people for money....or join "Dancing with the stars"

October 8, 2010 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  10. sdenice1

Sarah Palin is simply a narcissistic, divisive, bumbling, fumbling, dumb, egotistical, conceited, vain, delusional, self-centered, mentally-challenged, cold-hearted, deceitful, lying, manipulative, brash, polarizing, cocky, foolhardy, thoughtless, irrelevant, hostile,cunning, fraudulent, disreputable, irresponsible, foolhardy, incendiary, inarticulate, incoherent, dim-witted, unintelligent, stupid, doltish, moronic, deficient, fractious, conniving, deficient, instigating, agitating, nerve-wrecking, charlatan and trickster whose over-inflated sense of self is not only inaccurate but downright unhealthy. This dense, bird-brained, hypocritical mean girl is in no way, shape or form prepared to be a national leader, specifically president of this nation.

October 8, 2010 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  11. seebofubar

No need for Palin to run, she's doing her job. She has brought to be the greatest groundswell revolt against this worthless anti american president. It's funny though, to see all of you brain dead, welfare recipient liberals be so afraind of her...HA..HA

October 8, 2010 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  12. Laurie

What a complete bimbo..

October 8, 2010 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  13. Charlotte

Well, maybe the American People do NOT want her for president, but all us Democrats and the saner among the Independents really hope she runs! It would be one of the most spectacular losses imaginable and a guarantee that the White House would remain in Democratic hands for another 4 years!

October 8, 2010 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  14. Oregon Calling

Please run, I could use the laugh :-)

October 8, 2010 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  15. Beverly - NYC

Thanks for raising my blood pressure CNN. Sister Sarah anyone with a brain knows that your out sized ego or a crazt pastor will compell your too run. The blue hairs will happily send their pennies for designer outfits for you and the clan. One wink at Hannity, Rush, BecK & Buchannan and it will be all Sarah all the time. The cynic in me says that all this 2012 noise is your way of getting a big pay check not to run. I sure the boys will pay up by Florida primary. You will make noises about family committments, quit again, and slither back to FOX with a big check.

October 8, 2010 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |